It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Credibility of Major Jesse Marcel and Jesse Marcel Jr.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Good Day Forumerions,

Recently there has been some hubbub regarding Roswell evidence and eyewitness' declarations, including, but not limited to the Marcel's (father and son), amongst a small group of Ufologists; Dennis Balthaser adds his two cents in his most recent editorial:

It appears that there are still those that refuse to give credibility to Major Jesse Marcel and his son Jesse Marcel Jr., who after all these years, are still two of the most credible “first-hand” witnesses of the 1947 Roswell Incident. I never had the opportunity to meet Major Marcel, but have had many conversations about him with Stanton Friedman, who was the first to interview him in 1978. I do personally know Jesse Jr., and have had conversations with him, and have read his book “The Roswell Legacy” (the revised edition shown below, published in 2008), which it appears as usual, that the debunkers, critics and skeptics that are the loudest, have not read.

The rest of the story . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
They always seem very credible witnesses to me.

Whats your opinion about them Mr.Warren?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Evenin' "O,"

Originally posted by Orion437
They always seem very credible witnesses to me.

Whats your opinion about them Mr.Warren?

Both men are literally heroes in my book! Dennis gives a very accurate depiction of them, and I whole heartily agree! Additionally, Jesse Jr.'s book is a "must read" for anyone intersted in Ufology, and or Roswell . . . or history for that matter.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I did not realize there was a negative spin to their character at all. I've always believe they have told the truth. Consider: When this first occured, this was not something you'd "spin a yarn" about. UFOs, flying discs, ec.. were a realtively new phenomena. Stanton did plenty enough research to prove there was much more than a crashed balloon. For example: All the flight logs, recording all the flights in a much higher percentage than usual, from some fairly importan airbases. I don't doubt them whatsoever.

Imho, the Air Force sorta of painted themselves into a corner when they decided to cover this one up. They learned from their mistakes quickly however. But on this one case, they discovered that it was much wiser to just keep their mouths shut.. neither agreeing or disagreeing with the public in regards to UFOs, so they couldn't be called on it later. But this was a new thing to them, and they screwed up.

I have the utmost respect for the Marcels. I also happen to believe that this is one of the most important cases to date in regards to UFOs. I don't think that it has been "done to death" matters. This case should be hounded until the truth comes out. I love Rosell simply because it is one of the cases I firmly 100% believe actually happened, and the military is covering it up.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

Thank you for that post. There has been a movement to attack both the Marcels credibility. It is good for the ones who did the interviews with both of those men to come out and defend them.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Hey Gang,

Thanks for the kudos; one of the major arguments from "our side" i.e., Ufologists is that it's ludicrous to think that Jesse Marcel Sr. couldn't not identify a "weather balloon!" Remember that although "Project Mogul" was secret, the make-up of the balloon was not--just the opposite.

Debunkers with no where else to go, much like politicians often try to attack the witness, or degrade him (or her) in order to discount their respective declarations.

Marcel senior was the head intelligence officer of the only "nuclear equipped" Air Force base in the world during the beginning of the "Cold War" where some might argue that "nuclear secrets" were even more guarded then during the war. One doesn't have to be a rocket science to realize that the Air Force would not install an incompetent in that position. Moreover, there is a boatload of evidence in contrast to that dogma!

Personally, I have a very high regard for all veterans; however, there is a special place in my heart for those fought in WWII. Additionally, Jesse Jr. is in his 60's, and did multiple tours in Iraq! Patriotism runs in the family in a big way!

As stated previously--these guys are heroes!

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Marcel Jr. freely states he never saw the 'rubber-like' metal foil, he only saw the I-beams.

He says they were metal-like, his father Marcel Sr. says they were like wood.

Who knows what they really saw. Maybe the geometric shape were just tape manufactured by a toy company?

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Mornin' Badge,

Originally posted by Badge01
Marcel Jr. freely states he never saw the 'rubber-like' metal foil, he only saw the I-beams.

He says they were metal-like, his father Marcel Sr. says they were like wood.

Who knows what they really saw. Maybe the geometric shape were just tape manufactured by a toy company?

I'm afraid your incorrect on both counts; Jesse junior described the material in "3" categories; using terms of the times, he likened it to, "foil, broken pieces of plastic and what appeared to be metal I-beams."

Additionally, he stated that there was "more of the 'foil-like' material" then anything else" in regards to what he saw.

Marcel senior did in fact "handle" what has become known as the "memory metal"; this of course is understandable, and to no surprise since he was the first military presence at the debris field and his access was unobstructed.

Finally, although some might argue "exactly" what they saw and it's origin, what is certain is what they "didn't see," and that was any type of balloon apparatus or "common material."

The notion that the men of the 509th, (right up to the commander) the only nuclear equipped Air Force Base in the world, who were responsible for dropping the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki ending WWII, would be mystified by weather balloon material just isn't palatable.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't have any doubts concerning the roswell case. It happened and that's that. One of the more recent and famous cases with a higher degree of credibility and evidence happened in 1980, called the rendelsham forest case,
which I think is one of the most important cases ever. What those high ranking officers saw out there in the forest still drives my imagination. The symbols are the most fascinating aspect of the two cases. Geometric shapes that resemble hieroglyphics. What does this all mean? perhaps, one day we will find out.

top topics

join