It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Down with Denominations

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Agree there brother

If paul had turned his back on Peter, Peter would have been hurt and rejected. Not only that, the potential for spreading untruths and false doctrine would (and is today) HUGE

God will say, you were wrong if we try in truth to correct but If we do not we making others stumble by our inactions. If the truth will not be heard, that becomes a different matter

david

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Peter was teaching a false doctrine, that once a gentile was born again and baptized, he needed to be circumcised.

Peter was teaching legalism until Paul rebuked him, my point remains, should Paul have turned his back on Peter for preaching false doctrine????

what happens if after being rebuked, peter continued teaching false doctrine?

in this particular example, it has a happy ending. peter understood and adjusted, but what if he persisted? wouldnt he be a false shepard? or even a wolf?

1 cor 5

[1] It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.
[2] And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.
[3] For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,
[4] In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
[5] To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
[6] Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
[7] Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
[8] Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
[9] I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
[10] Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
[11] But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
[12] For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
[13] But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

why should we follow the advice of 1 cor 5? because false worship corrupts. the corinthians had problems with false apostles, people claiming to be ordained by god, entering the congregation with false ideas. paul commended them on realizing that they were false apostles, but the question is how? they had to have a basic knowledge of the scriptures right?

when looking at the denomination problem, everyone assumes that everyone is ¨under the lord¨ and that we are just disagreeing because we are imperfect. but we forget that satan is actively trying to undermine ¨true¨ worship. even the isrealites were constantly bonbarded with false practices from surrounding nations.

what do we see when we look at certain doctrines? dont we see pagan influence? is it really any surprise?

paul said very plainly that wolves would enter the flock. isnt that what we see?

jesus´parable of the wheat and the weeds. the weeds are left until harvest because noone wanted the wheat to be thrown out by accident. when the harvest arrived, the wheat was clearly noticeable by the fruit it bared. that means right up to the ¨end of the world¨, we have to deal with weeds, people who claim to be christian but by deeds and beliefs clearly arent.

its not a minor thing. since the weeds are to be pitched into the fire and be destroyed, its actually quite serious

new topics

<< 1   >>

join