It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crank Radio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
My crank radio bit the dust last night (run over by a dirtbike) so I need a new one. It wasnt the best unit in the world anyways so I'm not exactly heartbroken over this. Ive been to every website I can find to purchase another one, but Ive had such success buying items reccommended on here I figured I should get your thoughts. Thank you much.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
try ccrane.com
mr brother got one their hand cranked radios and he's been pretty happy with it.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Sony do a nice quality one The ICF B200, as does Philips the AE1000. But on many other survivalist forums The Eaton FR 100 & 200 models appear to be very popular, trouble is they are sold under a different name in the US and I'm buggered if I can remember what it is.

Just remembered its GRUNDIG , Grundig in the US and Eation in the UK
www.pocket-lint.co.uk...

www.etoncorp.com...

another edit, in the US they do FR 250 -300- 350- & 400 models with facilitries specific to the US market
www.etoncorp.com...

[edit on 1-10-2008 by Northern Raider]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Just ordered the FR 500 Solarlink. Thanks for the help.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

Delighted to be of help, will you please post a review on the 500 when you get it ?
NR

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Of course. Its the least I can do. Thanks again, as I mentioned everything that has been reccommended on this site that I have purchased has worked out well. Kelly Kettle, blast match, wet fuel. No complaints, hopefully this string of success continues.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I stumbled across this thread more or less by accident... and Thank You to salchanra and Northern Raider...

I've been looking for a radio like this for a while as well, and have also ordered an FR 500 SolarLink...

Thanks, folks!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic
I stumbled across this thread more or less by accident... and Thank You to salchanra and Northern Raider...

I've been looking for a radio like this for a while as well, and have also ordered an FR 500 SolarLink...

Thanks, folks!

Great, i'm delighted we could help, Unfortunately i dont think they sell the 500 in the Uk so I can not get one myself.

Oops I was wrong again the New UK spec FR 550 is coming soon from Nevada Radio
www.nevadaradio.co.uk...

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Northern Raider]

new topics

top topics

join