It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

700billion Should Be Spent On America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Why are billionaires getting that money? Why not the American people?

Can you imagine that instead of giving those billions to Billionaires so they can fill up their private jets we gave it to America?

Let's divide it up...

305million Americans, say 200million are 18+.

700billion divided by 200million... 3,500 dollars each. Not much is it? But wait...

Instead of giving the money to Billionaires we're giving it to Americans. Americans who will spend that money in AMerica, not on their Mansion in France or their German Car or hide it in their Swiss bank account.

Say some goes to the car loan. Well, banks get the money. What? Some goes to Student loans? More to the banks. House loan? More to the banks. So in the end the banks would get the money, but only after the Americans get it first to pay off bills.

Although this isn't originally my idea, Dennis Kucinich brought it up in an interview on Madow. But after doing the math it seems like a great idea. Instead of giving Billionaires Billions to fill up their private jets and buy more Mansions and foreign cars we give it to Americans to pay off bills.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Or how about just giving every person with a Mortgage 75K?

I really like this idea...

They also understand that for $700 billion, you could give every American $75,000 toward retiring their mortgage, and if this is a mortgage crisis, then give every American $75,000 or $50,000 bucks instead of giving it someplace elsewhere shore up so-called liquidity. They understand if you're going to start passing out money, give it to us.

So I looked it up. According to this 2006 pdf from the US Census, there are 33 million owner-occupied dwellings with first mortgages active." So, "$700,000,000,000 / 33,000,000 = Over $21,000 cash the government could just give to everyone with a mortgage!" Give it to the people that make the country work. People could pay off their mortgages. "If we're going to give $700 billion away, what kind of stimulus would that have on the economy to hand 33 million people $21,000?" I'm not advocating this, I'm just saying -- if we did that once, it's over -- it would be the same thing here as the government owning your mortgage in a sense because they're going to get it back from you one way or the other.

Rush

Now that's something I could get behind...

Semper

new topics

join