It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best temp gig in history

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

The best temp gig in history

blogs.moneycentral.msn.com

Congress wants to crack down on CEO mega-salaries for banks participating in the bailout. And while the politicians argue how best to do that, Alan Fishman of Washington Mutual is headed for the doors with $19 million in his pocket. If that wasn't outrageous enough, consider this: Fishman started the job three weeks ago.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
$19 million for 3 weeks of work! It must set a new record somewhere for most money earned in the smallest amount of time with the least work done. If this is part of the bailout bill then I'm inclined to urge my Rep. from the House of Representatives to vote No on this bill just so this kind of wasteful and outrageous payout doesn't happen. Give me a freaking break.

blogs.moneycentral.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This is just incredibly arrogant of these fat cats. I guess this is the most telling part:

And WaMu shareholders got huge payments of...oh, wait. The stock is worthless. Shareholders got wiped out.

Forget everyone else the top 2 or 3 execs are the only ones that matter.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
That is certainly outrageous if true.

I think the bailout should work something more like the stimulus payments. Maybe send a grand or two this time instead of $600.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It is true, but remember, the board 'approved' that agreement when he came to work for them (work, heh).

If they hadn't paid him, they would have breached their contract with him, and then he would sue, getting the money and more...., unless the company went bankrupt! But there were too many 'foreign' concerns to allow that to happen.

top topics

join