It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ireland commits 500 billion Bailout to banks!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
All I can say is that I am furious at this decision. It is a decision made without even asking the Irish people for the go ahead. The wool has been pulled over the Irish peoples eyes yet again. The Bankers get off scott free and we the tax payers will be the ones paying for it. The amount is also astonishing considering the 700 billion bailout plan for the US. This along with the Irish Government, fresh from announcing an emergency budget in a few weeks time, which will end in increased taxes on the Irish people, turn around and pull 500 billion from their back pockets to bailout the banks. The same government which doesnt have money to put into our Education or Health!
Exact details of the agreement are been kept from the public heres the link to one of the papers covering it.

www.herald.ie...

It is of my opinion that the big fat politicians need a serious kick in the @ss. However if they continue to decieve the Irish people with their Lies and Incompetence it wont be a kick in the @ss they will have to worry about!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
That is terrible. : (

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Welcome to our reality. If anyone thinks a problem of this magnitude is going to simply go away by throwing money at it --- ANY amount of money is deceiving themselves. As we hear of this kind of activity occurring more and more around the world it increasingly appears to be a tactic to allow the affluent (the heavily invested) to recoup one last trunk full of money before it all goes to crap. They're trying to avoid the tenet of 'the bigger they are the harder they fall'.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This is a potential occurrence in ANY country which chartered a 'Central Bank' to 'manage' their currency.

The "Central Bank" model is one of surrender to privately held interests.

I must warn everyone, in every post, to remember the rest is theater. The Central Banks manipulate the market, and make it impossible for any sovereign state to control its own future.

It is THEIR interdependency that we are kowtowing to. Shut them down, issue your own currency, and watch the world blossom. In order to prevent that they will inflict misery on the entire planet, because the control of wealth and power is THAT important to them.

new topics

top topics

join