It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese fake spacewalk?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This was the best forum I could think of for this, so if it's wrong please move it around.

Anyway, pay close attention at 1:05 the astronaut on the right's helmet. That looks like an air bubble, you know..the kind you have underwater...

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I agree. I think it was you who posted in the thread I mentioned in my topic. Good find.

"China's 'space' walk filmed under water?

Ok I know it sounds absurd to some of you, but after a conversation in another thread (where I'll have you know I was opposed to the idea of this being a fake) I noticed something moving in the blackness during the video of the 'space walk'.

At first I thought "WOW! a UFO?" but someone in the thread brought up the word "bubbles". Taking a second look, it really does look like bubbles.

www.youtube.com...

Do you agree?

Now if they are bubbles, what could be causing them? I'm opposed to the idea of it being condensation off of the space suit. Some of those look like big bubbles. It also looks like air bubbles, or possibly, liquid bubbles in space. Liquid in space seems unlikely to me, I thought it would freeze? And anyhow, if that's a leak, something went very wrong. Air also would not bubble in space, atleast I don't think it would.

The bubbles seem to move quickly upwards, changing in shape slightly. Never sideways, which is also very odd.

Air bubbles in water move upwards as air is lighter. But I'm pretty sure water bubbles in space would move in whatever way it was thrust.

So we have a big question here. Was the space walk filmed in space? or in a water tank?

What's your input here? I'd really like to get to the bottom of this. The annoying thing is, I'm not sure we're able

EDIT: Ouch, I'm really sorry, kind of tired and accidentally posted this in the Aliens and UFO's section instead of General Conspiracy's. If a mod would be so kind as to move it there, I would be very thankful

EDIT2: Aww I just noticed another thread on this too which hadn't shown up when using the search function. I apologise "

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Where in the video do you see the anomaly?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

pay close attention at 1:05 the astronaut on the right's helmet

There really are some wierd things about this though.
If it was filmed underwater you would expect to see some form of resistance, none of this is evident. So a logical conclusion is, easy video editing; wouldn't they notice a freaking air bubble?

Ok so let's say it's real, did a someone put the airbubble in for fun? Why?

Operating on the principle of space as a vacuum then one would assume that air, being a gas, would simply dissapate into several different molecules; because a vacuum is such a low pressure environment.
At least that's what this says
www.absolute-vacuum.com...

I don't know anything about vacuum science so if anyone can prove me wrong or support me on that one go ahead.

If that is air coming from his helmet it would mean that he's in a high pressure environment, which is in stark contrast to what his movements, the flag's movements, and his suit's movements indicate.

hmmmm

Adding a direct link to the video because for some reason it's not working for me on here
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 1-10-2008 by Mr Headshot]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
There is also a moment later on where you can see a bubble coming from an astronauts back... sorry it was a different video to this.

It moves sideways ever so slightly (as air does in water when being pushed out) and then rises up to the 'top'.

Surely ever if there were air/water bubbles in space they would not be changing direction like you would expect air to in water???

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
That definitely looked like an air bubble to me, but the astronauts (and the flag when he waves it) don't seem to be moving like they would if they were in water.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by icecap]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
i don't know how flags should look in space, but that waving flag just doesn't look right to me either.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by baconvein]

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biscuit
Where in the video do you see the anomaly?

The bubble is there on the Astronaut on the right at 1:05... I will do a frame by frame capture but put it in the other thread later

Also look at this one..watch at 1:00 and watch his tether keep floating up and he keeps pushing it back down

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Now then...

Any news stories on the RETURN LANDING of these Astronauts yet?

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Why yes indeed there are lots of stories about this but then again nothing exciting happened on their return so it merited very little coverage. No where near as exciting as say the first ever chinese space walk.

Just in case you missed it HERE

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Hey Z, there is a nice air bubble rolling up the helmet of the astronut on the right at 5:52 as well

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Did anyone remember the glove that was blown off into the space from Gemini 4 in the 60s?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
We've already been over this countless times, and for every 'strange' thing anyone can find in the video, there is a mundane explanation. Bottom line: there is no reason to think the space walk was faked. No reason.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by zorgon

Hey Z, there is a nice air bubble rolling up the helmet of the astronut on the right at 5:52 as well

wow,that most definetly resembles a bubble...but...it doesnt look like its filmed underwater..

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420 Bottom line: there is no reason to think the space walk was faked. No reason.

Sure there is...

#1 They reported the conversation from the astronauts live the DAY BEFORE THE LAUNCH

#2 There was no launch on the day in question. I have that from one who's job it is to watch what China launches

However there WAS a launch on the Sunday... but we don't know what that mission was for...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
it's not underwater, but it does look strange. doesn't look the same as the nasa spacewalks. weird.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I think they faked it

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Sir, I must thank you for posting that video (the others before it didn't work - once due to incorrect url and the other one was removed) - I hadn't seen ANY footage of China's missions.

I don't even know where to start so this post is going to be a little all over the place.

After years of being interested in, researching and watching anything physics/space related, I can say that that MUST have been under water - there's no other explanation for the movements. I'm not saying I know everything about physics etc but I DO know how things move - A. Under water and B. in a vacuum.

The footage itself seems to be speeded up to maybe 1.5 times the original (under water) footage. I don't have any programmes with which to play around with this footage so I can't show y'all anything - maybe if someone can play with it ie. speed it up by half, they can post the results here. (Does anyone know of a programme I can download for free that allows m e to do this?)

I mean, this is soooo amature film-maker looking it's incredible that people think it could be real. I always, always remain in two minds about any conspiracy that I may believe in but this? This, I am in no doubt about.

I had trouble locating the first 'bubble' but even without it....and the bubble at 5.52 is so bloody apparent....why has this been allowed to slide?!

Nasa must be laughing their asses off and I'm suprised they haven't called China on their shenanigans.....

Given China's not-too-secret control of the media and censorship and 'do-NOT-question-us state of mind, I do think they're capable of doing such a thing as faking their space missions......this is scary.

Wtf?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Now then...

Any news stories on the RETURN LANDING of these Astronauts yet?

There's a clip of CCTV9 live footage of the landing, but not the whole process, only a few seconds of the spacecraft closing in on Earth.

Also, it was a news story that was prematurely posted. All it proves is that what the astronauts should say during the live conversion is all scripted, which is not surprising at all.

A way to look at this is, the world media (Western media mainly) were craving for everything to put down the '08 Olympics, and yet they would let the scandal of "spacewalk PR stunt" slip away? Unless all media, agencies and institute in the world, regardless of their attitude towards China, are actually helping to cover it up... Well take your pick.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by nighinfinite]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by XHellcatX

Nasa must be laughing their asses off and I'm suprised they haven't called China on their shenanigans.....

in case China shows Nasa up on some of theirs

I think the footage does look good. But that 'bubble' at 5:52 is very unusual. If it was a piece of debris, it wouldn't rise so fast and does seem to originate from neck area of the helmet.
Nice find! S&F

[edit on 16/10/09 by Daisy-Lola]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join