It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could This Be A Stargate? (photo)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Oh, that could definitely be a Star Gate if it's a prop for the series or an upcoming movie.

Seriously people. Grow up.

Do you think this could be an X-wing space ship?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
pffff thats a magnetic fusion reactor, a few research groups led teams to create big reactors back in the 90's, I was only 4 but I still remember it, lol

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fathom
reply to post by sheila947

I am just wondering, did you read anything other than the OP before you posted?

On a side note...damn thats a sweet avtar Fathom...I assume its not a picture of you.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mightymouth

It looks more like a U-joint from a crane loader. The type they use at the port to pick up and stack those huge metal containers that come and go on the big ocean barges. The writing looks like a combination of hash marks to show where to line up the pieces when installing it and some Arabic characters. You know, tab "a" goes here, tab 'B' goes there.
The idea of it being part of a magneto-fusion generator seems, well, a stretch of the imagination, but hey, maybe it’s a big flux capacitor.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by eaganthorn
reply to post by mightymouth

The idea of it being part of a magneto-fusion generator seems, well, a stretch of the imagination, but hey, maybe it’s a big flux capacitor.

Well, thats the official story, although, most on here don't usually buy into 'official' stories, lol. If I remember rightly, there were 12 (or 8?) of them, arranged in a circle, all of them were needed before magnetic fusion was achieved, like explanding loads of balloons to pop a bubble in the middle of them, lol.

Oh yea, and to the smart arse at the top, that is an X-wing idiot, point is it ain't a real one.

EMM

[edit on 2-10-2008 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
where is thyew photo?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
One more time for the 'what's REAL skeptics'.

It's a magnetic fusion containment aparatus. The United States created a few of these in varying sizes with different power couplings; so and so much energy input at beginning to so and so much energy distribution here and there.
There's nothing alien about this. It was a failed experiment as the tempertures of the fusion reaction were too great for the magnets to contain, so scientists gave up the idea of fusion and moved onto cold fusion. When that was realized as another impossibility (with our current technology at least), scientists got hot on the trail of regular fusion again, but discerned that this first draft containment field wouldn't work.

The whole design of the MFG was scrapped and a new proposal, much like the LHC was instituted.

Google "magnetic fusion" and look at the structure/math behind the concepts.

Stargates aren't real yet, we've only just begun understanding quantum pairs.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

Well, I guess people see what they want to see. I did read earlier in this post that someone has said it is part of a magneto-fusion experiment and even supplied a photo, but where some see coils of wire, I only see gear cogs like that of a crane loader.
So, in my humble opinion it is still a u-joint from a large overhead crane loader, like the ones they use in various ports or steel stockyards. And not a Stargate, an unknown alien device or a piece off of a magnetofusion generator.
And if you look close enough to original photo, you should see a loader, the likes of which I speak, in the background to the left.
Then again, a large flux capacitor isn't completely out of the question just yet.

[edit on 10/3/2008 by eaganthorn]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I even posted a picture from the LA Times from back in the 1980s in the other thread. I think sometimes people don't read anything but the OP and then post.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The truth of the magnet thing getting buried is more interesting than an ancient machine. Talk about a great way to cover something up.....just bury it.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
to be honest...

It looks like the base of a large telescope to me.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join