It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS MARS THE FUTURE OF PLANET EARTH???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Was planet Mars once the Mecca of our solar system?

Did civilization originally come from there?

What if Mars was the hub of our solar system? And millions of different civilizations thrived there for eons. But somehow the planet was destroyed. Maybe something similar to a nuclear holocaust. And a few hundred humans(SIMERIANS) successfully escaped, wanting to consult their sun god, set course for the sun but landed on the next closest planet. Planet Earth.

What explains how the Sumerians were so advanced for their time?(being the first recorded civilization)

What if the Sphinx head was really the rooftop of a skyscraper that had crumbled to the ground or still stands buried beneath Mars' surface?

Is Mars the ghost of planet Earth????

Sounds like a TIMELIFE book.
Sorry
Just brainstorming.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
why does everyone always focus on mars as the origins of people? what about venus? it's in the sun's lifezone just as well... also, it already has a greenhouse effect in full. maybe ruining the enviroment did that?

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Theres also the issue of the many evolutionary and transitionary fossils of man before Homo Sapien Sapiens.

But it will be very interesting as further Martian exploration starts to figure out the timescales and sizes of these bodies of water. Thus the implications for the Martian environment and atmosphere.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If humans came from Mars it�s likely that it was from some microbe that hitched a ride on a rock rather than a space ship.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The way I understand it - the sun was hotter when it was younger, which would give Mars the right temperature, and venus could be the future when the sun is a bit cooler. Possibly part of the whole 'new heaven and new earth' thing?

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
When I was really little, (about 5 years old) I saw a pic of all the planets lined up. I just figured that life had existed on most of them, starting with pluto or one of the gas giants, and in order, eventually progressed to earth. I believed this up until about grade 6, when we started learning about the solar system.

Its funny that people are bringing this subject up, because when I was really little, to me it was the irrefutable truth!

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
in my opinion, water got here from comets impacting early earth. these comets also brought amino acids, the building blocks of life. in the primordial stew of the earth these amino acids came together to form the first singlecelled organisms... we came up from those of the years.

Originally posted by Brittany
When I was really little, (about 5 years old) I saw a pic of all the planets lined up. I just figured that life had existed on most of them, starting with pluto or one of the gas giants, and in order, eventually progressed to earth. I believed this up until about grade 6, when we started learning about the solar system.

Its funny that people are bringing this subject up, because when I was really little, to me it was the irrefutable truth!

it's okay. when i was five or six my dad told me there was no color in the world until the 1970s when scientists invented it. i believed this until i was about 13 years old.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Or it could be like Titan AE and the planet would be called Bob.

My honest opinion is that human life on Mars is slim to none... unless something amazing happened in the atmosphere.

new topics

top topics

join