It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the people show outrage or apathy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
When congress pushes this bill through, despite it being firmly against public opinion, how do you think that the people will react? With outrage or with apathy?

You can feel the tension over this bill. Many people are claiming that this is it, if they push this through the people will finally be fed up. Maybe I am projecting here, but I am thinking there will be a lot more apathy than outrage.

I don't expect riots. I think a lot of people will express their outrage online. There may even be a few demonstrations but I don't think there will be riots. I doubt we even get to hear about the demonstrations. The headlines show that the media is being used to sway our opinion of this bill.

We have been too conditioned to just take what they give us. What do you think, will there be riots? What do you think it will finally take to get the people to stand up?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I remember seeing tom hanks on hardball or something, saying that if there was no trouble over the 2000 election, i doubt there would be much over anything else. The mass mental illness that is in the west, just fills people with total apathy, and we will see.

When you remember the way that the africans 6 months ago, where rioting, over stolen elections, you can see that something is going on in western society that is not in africa, or many other places. The russian leaders laugh at how powerful western propaganda is, and how much like sheep we are. Its truely amazing, and a few microwaves and some flouride in the water, acan just make us all zombies.

[edit on 10/1/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

There is a lot of truth in what you said. Another aspect of it though is the media. I was really shocked to see that there were protests after the 2000 election. When I watched Fahrenheit 9/11 I was shocked to see that there were protests in DC. There was even outrage in the senate that was never shown to the public. So the people who relied on the media for thier info, just assumed that the entire nation accepted the results.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

It's tough to make a call on that.

I just hope the good people of America won't take this lying on their backs.

And I just hope that when they revolt, they won't be beaten down.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I think it's what you don't see that will be the story. More people are starting to work their way out of this system. This bail out passing will be the ultimate slap in the face, and the start for some, and the final nail in the coffin for others who don't believe our Republic works anymore. Folks will lose the regard for "rules" and government "laws" they once had. Definitely a seed sower.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'm through taking everything the government does lying down. I have voted in every election since I came of age in 1971, but I have never actively campaigned for anyone. This year I have taken a stand, and I'm not backing down. I am holding Congress and the President (present and future) responsible for their actions.
I will actively campaign for those who do their jobs. I will actively campaign against those who don't.
Obama has never voted yea or nay on any peice of important legislation, yet the people of the state of Illinois kept electing him. Sorry folks, but "present" isn't a vote.
I will be grossly disappointed in the American people if they don't stand up for themselves consdrning this bailout scam, and any legislation that comes up later. We have a Congress with a 9% approval rating. Why do we keep reelecting them?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Why do we keep reelecting them?

I think that people have zero faith in our government as a whole and that includes the election process. Some people believe that it doesn't matter if they vote or not because elections are just stolen these days. Then there is the matter of the nature of the job. Scum bags are drawn to politics. If you vote one out, odds are there is a scum bag ready to take his or her spot.

I think that the entire system is flawed and it will take more than just active campaigning to fix it. I think it will take some bold action by the people, but I don't think that the people will ever be willing or allowed to take that action.

Would you participate in a demonstration? Even if you knew that your odds of being jailed and charged with a felony are pretty high? Most people wouldn't.

Would you organize a demonstration?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I'm leaning toward Fluoride in drinking water as having apathetic effects...

www.geocities.com...

I noticed a great disparity between those who "care" and those who don't and the only common denominator I have found is their drinking water.....mainly those in city/suburbia vs rural.

maybe it just the independent nature of those more comfortable in a rural setting?

[edit on 1-10-2008 by Pinktip]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well, they did it. Bring on the apathy!

Anyone want to bet on when the economy fails now? How much time do we think this scam bought? Probably just long enough to dump it in the next admins lap.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The sheeple will finally 'get it' when the economy collapses by next summer and then the fun will begin. Pay attention to what the guys at HpH have to say in the info from their Web Bots. I am betting that FEMA will totally blow the operation in December when the Earthqueakes hit Seattle/Vancouver and that should wake a bunch of people up.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
put me down for apathy. Seriously, outrage will only stress me out even more. There's absolutely nothing that the little man can do about any of this, so it's really a choice between apathy or high blood pressure... ands seeing how our healthcare system isn't exactly top-notch, it seems like that would be a downward spiral of sorts.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by scientist]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Everyone has their tipping point and the american people are no different. If things get bad enough...and by the looks of things right now we are headed in that direction.......something will happen. I truly believe that.

It's gotta get nasty out there for that to happen though. When a vast part of the poplulation is broke and having trouble feeding their families.....that i think is definite tipping point as it's survival. Most people are still making it and many people i know aren't taking this as serious as they should...hell some don't even know what the hell just happened. I have friends that are paying no attention at all to this, and that is exactly the problem.

And i will admit, until a few months ago, i didn't pay attention to the news. I was busy doing anything but that, just having a good time. The reason i started paying attention to the news? -- the trashing of Sarah Palin. Complete media bias...it's sad really. But upon that i started to see the rest of the world and the US for what it was....it's all out freakin chaos right now and it's everywhere. But yet most people will get up and do their daily routine and go back to bed...rinse/repeat.

But anyway...like i said...it's going to take alot for big uprising. Most people are going to keep hoping against hope for change before it gets to that. But if it does get to that point, there is going to be hell to pay. And it will be a very sad day.

Every great nation or country in human history has fallen. EVERY SINGLE ONE. Why would we be any different?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It will be apathy.

The most important news of the day is what color lipstick Sarah was wearing and did she look good.

All this inspite the fact that Congress's arm was twisted and blackmailed into a YES vote or else Martial Law would be declared on all citizens.

People just dont care to talk about it at all. As long as they think they will get their paycheck come Friday, its all ok.

WE DESERVE IT ALL. THE THEFT. THE THREATS. Although i will have to suffer along with the rest, i have to say, apathy got us here and here we are.

This is the point of no return.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
The headlines show that the media is being used to sway our opinion of this bill.

We have been too conditioned to just take what they give us. What do you think, will there be riots? What do you think it will finally take to get the people to stand up?

Even though the official media kept a low profile, some of them conducted on line polls to see how people would vote if they had the chance to do so. Here is one taken by MSNBC:

Will there be riots? Of course there will be -- if Barrack Obama loses to McCain.

So don't forget to vote for either of them. Well, they voted against you, but that was looooooooong time ago. Maybe they meant well.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Mark me down as apathetic as well.

I am just tired. I hate to say it but the dark side is winning and I have serious doubts that Americans will show enough nerve to do anything other than take the toxic medicine that has been given to us all.

There will be no riots, there will be no upheaval, there will be no revolution, no backlash and no recourse for the crimes commited against us. It is enough to make one angry, depressed, and just completely defeated.

The one and only way there will be any sort of action taken is when the food supply runs out and the people have been forced against the wall completely. This will come after all of our rights have been taken away, it will come after the NAU is implemented, it will not come until every man woman and child in this country is destitute, desolate and completely and thoroughly defeated.

We sit like deer in headlights as our country is hijacked, our savings are fleeced, our children are sent to die and our quality of life plunges like a rock right before our very eyes. There appears to be no will to fight back.

The average citizen is a coward. End of story.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Unfortunately after what has happened to our country with this bill I don't think it matters either way.

I also agree that people probably will not riot in the streets, therefore there is no problem for TPTB.

If people deal with this with apathy not only are they fooling themselves, but that doesn't hurt TPTB either.

So for TPTB it is a win win. We lost. They won. What a sad sad day. Unfortunately I feel this is only the beginning.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
In a way, I think it has to happen like this.

The Sheep willing go to the slaughter because it's what we do. We follow the other Sheep. Only this time we are told that this will prevent more Sheep from being slaughtered. But they will never stop the killing.

I think when a crash (killing) comes anyway, Sheep acoss America will finally get it. They will no longer just follow blindly or loyally.

I think outrage is coming.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Is it over?

I dont think so. We will be kicked in the teeth much harder within a week or two.

This isnt over folks. This is going to get a lot worse, and openly too, it wont be a conspiracy, it will be all out in the open.
Take it like good little sheep and like it.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
plucky is pissed off!

And then again, I don't care....

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
People will likely not take action as a result of this. Those of us who would call for action, will have to wait. Take solace however, in the fact that we are waiting at all. We wait for something that will in fact arrive sooner or later. When, is up to the tyrants. They will decide when we have had enough. They will flip our switches. They will, as ironic as it may sound, be the ones to wake us up. They will do so by coming for our guns. At the moment they begin to fear reprisal the most, they will unintentionally set the reprisal in motion. When they feel that we must be disarmed, our grips will tighten around walnut stocks and polycarbonate handles.

Seemingly overnight, we will remember concepts long forgotten. We will remember things like the Declaration of Independence. We will begin to remember what it truly means to be an American. We will turn our flags upside down. We will meet neighbors who we've lived next to for years without knowing them. We will remember the principals for which our forefathers fought and died, and we will raise those principals once again and display them as they were displayed over 200 years ago.

We will also forget things. We will forget what it is to be a Democrat or a Republican. We will forget what happened on our favorite reality t.v. show. We will forget what it was like to leave our destiny in the hands of whores.

We are a sleepy people, but like a bear, we're going to be hungry when we wake up, and I have faith that sooner or later, we will wake up. It may take another decade or longer, but at the pace our leaders are shackling the masses, I feel it's just over the horizon.

Something dark is coming, I can feel it. I think we all can. That said, the first thing we need to remember, is that we can see in the dark.

Good luck, and Godspeed to us all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join