It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Blackmail - eh Bailout Today 10/1

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Weel, this has been a kick in the teeth!

I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It is outright criminal how they have now expanded this package to $850 Billion dollars!!!

What is the SENATE doing???? What are McCain and Obama doing????

I think the notion of EXILE should return to our society as a remedy. We need to stick every last one of these crooks on a snow melted rock in the South Pole.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Relentless

I am thinking the whole point of this situation is to show the people that this hasn't been our country for a long time.

But, maybe this whole situation has made me too cynical.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by Lurkerzrule]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'm so mad I could chew nails ! is anyone willing to mattress their money in protest ? I would be perfectly willing to take my money out to protest this ,but everyone has to do it for it to work. I 've been posting protests on an almost 247 basis since this started and for awhile it seemed like the tide was turning all I can think of now is to protest it with a bank run if they pass it
Trouble is I'm invisible and I can't have a protest because I have no followers ,I think that's what should happen though

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

It's a "Christmas Tree" bill now. Let everyone hang on it what they want.....just so long as they can pass it.
And, these are the people that represent us.....

Obama was on the floor earlier, around 5:30, preaching for the bill, and supposedly, McCain and Biden have also returned to DC to vote for this farce.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
McCain voted "yes".

Obama voted "yes".

Biden....well, he wasn't in the room when his name was called. He came back and voted "yes".

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
Obama was on the floor earlier, around 5:30, preaching for the bill, and supposedly, McCain and Biden have also returned to DC to vote for this farce.

Both candidates have a pretty good reason to see the bill pass, because both of them believe that they win the election. Both of them bought the scary "financial meltdown a few days away" scenario and desire to run a nice, clean administration. Well, we are already a few days past the apocalyptic vision of Hank Paulson, but nothing is melting yet.

If the bill doesn't pass, the following couple of days would be panicky, but then things get back to normal. Some of the bankers will hire bright kids from MIT to re-package and re-tag the bad paper, and then they sell it to Bank of Iceland.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I just logged on a few minutes ago to my net connection and here is what I found:

It's been passed

I hope that my link of this works. My net connection is taking forever to load the page.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join