It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Replica of Noah's Ark in Schagen, Netherlands

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I decided to post this in CiR instead of O&C.

SCHAGEN, Netherlands — The massive central door in the side of Noah's Ark was thrown open Saturday — you could say it was the first time in 4,000 years — drawing a crowd of curious pilgrims and townsfolk to behold the wonder. Of course, it's only a replica of the biblical Ark, built by Dutch creationist Johan Huibers as a testament to his faith in the literal truth of the Bible. Reckoning by the old biblical measurements, Johan's fully functional ark is 150 cubits long, 30 cubits high and 20 cubits wide. That's two-thirds the length of a football field and as high as a three-story house. Life-size models of giraffes, elephants, lions, crocodiles, zebras, bison and other animals greet visitors as they arrive in the main hold.

[FoxNews]

Wow, all that effort and money into this for something that is a myth. If it was ever real, then it's probably a DNA spaceship

I would love to see him explain how all the animals could have fit in the ark and the logistics of such project.

[Photo Gallery]
www.cbn.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Amazing how we consider everything to be a myth simply because the world doesn't operate the way we want it to. Only someone who expects everything to go their way would call something like this a myth. If you haven't realized that you are a part of something far beyond what your insignificant brain can comprehend. then you are in for a rude awakening.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

The logisitics are pretty simple really, the average size of a mammal is equal to a large dog. I would also counter that the incredible waste of time/money has been on the myth of evolutionary origins. How can nothing produce something? There is no eveidence (Scientific or otherwise) that has ever shown something to produce something differant (ie amoeba= multi-cell, monkey=human, etc) Never. Entropy and every scientific law, all historical observation and common sense refute macro evolution. Things don't 'just happen'. You can still believe that, but don't pass it off as 'science' or anything other then faith in the incredible and unsubstantiated.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
I would love to see him explain how all the animals could have fit in the ark and the logistics of such project.

What do you mean?

The thing is HUGE! He has full scale replicas of all major animals on it right now.

I think the logistics pretty much explain themselves.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

What do you mean?

The thing is HUGE! He has full scale replicas of all major animals on it right now.

I think the logistics pretty much explain themselves.

LOL. I think you were being sarcastic

Do you realize how many species there are in the world?
I would love to be a fly on the wall when he tries to explain how it is possible to the skeptics

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Actually I wasn't.

He has full scale models of elephants, giraffes, and tons of other animals on the boat, and there is still tons of room.

I also would suggest to you that all species we have on earth right now, haven't necassarily always been here. Many species have evolved from others over many years.

It looks plenty big enough to me.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Wow. That's huge. And it's still only a fraction of the size of the Biblical ark:

It was built approximately to scale, however is 1/2 the length and 1/3 the width of the Biblical dimensions

From Your First Link: www.pbase.com...

Or:

But the original ark featured in the Bible was described as five times larger than Johan's Ark.

From Your Second Link: www.cbn.com...

This was interesting, too:

Huibers did most of the work with his own hands, using modern tools.

www.cbn.com...

Wow. lol

[edit on 10/2/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

LOL, I knew you'd post in here.
I am sad to see this thread moved to BTS because it doesn't have "conspiracy angle." I think it does have a conspiracy angle because of the relentless effort of the church to spread their religious beliefs all over the world.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

because of the relentless effort of the church to spread their religious beliefs all over the world.

Whoa. Where did that come from? Who said anything about this replica ark trying to force Christianity onto the whole world? Even if it were, I'd argue that's not a conspiracy. The same could be said of all religions. If you truly believe something, and believe it is the right thing, why wouldn't you want to share it. We're not talking about the crusades or anything here.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

because of the relentless effort of the church to spread their religious beliefs all over the world.

Whoa. Where did that come from? Who said anything about this replica ark trying to force Christianity onto the whole world? Even if it were, I'd argue that's not a conspiracy. The same could be said of all religions. If you truly believe something, and believe it is the right thing, why wouldn't you want to share it. We're not talking about the crusades or anything here.

Church have been trying to push teaching creationism in school. They have been trying to pass laws based on the bible. Remember Moral Majority? That is one of many.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Church have been trying to push teaching creationism in school. They have been trying to pass laws based on the bible.

What's wrong with teaching creationism in schools? We teach evolution right now, so why can't we have another theory? Teaching the concept is not the same as trying to ram a religion down someones throat.

What laws are the church trying to get passed exactly?

Oh, you mean like some of the ten commandments? Though shall not kill?

How dare they!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I think it does have a conspiracy angle because of the relentless effort of the church to spread their religious beliefs all over the world.

Well, it looks like the man who built this was a creationist- not a a church. Also, to me this looks like he was doing a scientific endeavor- not necessarily religious. He was attempting to show how the animals could fit on the ark it looks like. We are allowed to do things like this, correct?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Church have been trying to push teaching creationism in school. They have been trying to pass laws based on the bible.

What's wrong with teaching creationism in schools? We teach evolution right now, so why can't we have another theory? Teaching the concept is not the same as trying to ram a religion down someones throat.

What laws are the church trying to get passed exactly?

Oh, you mean like some of the ten commandments? Though shall not kill?

How dare they!

Creationism is a religious doctrine and belongs in religion and philosophy classes, not science classes.
As for the laws, Jerry Falwell tried to get laws passed to throw homosexuals and evolution teachers in jail.
Believe it or not, the 10 commandments is a christian doctrine and has no place in the government. Separation of church and state, remember? "Thou shalt not kill" is common sense. We don't need some religious people to tell us that.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

I think it does have a conspiracy angle because of the relentless effort of the church to spread their religious beliefs all over the world.

Well, it looks like the man who built this was a creationist- not a a church. Also, to me this looks like he was doing a scientific endeavor- not necessarily religious. He was attempting to show how the animals could fit on the ark it looks like. We are allowed to do things like this, correct?

I guess everyone is allowed to do whatever they want to do

You can not deny the influence Christianity had on this man, right?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

You can not deny the influence Christianity had on this man, right?

Nope. God bless him.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Creationism is a religious doctrine and belongs in religion and philosophy classes, not science classes.

Tell that to Anthony Flew.

Scientists who are beginning to reject Derwin's theory is the "fastest growing movement" in science today. With the advent of modern science findings, Darwin's theories are beginning to be shot out of the water.

Here is one fact:

Since the advent of lasers, scientists can determine the exact rate that the moon is receding from the Earth. With this rate in mind, if the Earth were in fact billions of years old, the moon would be completely out of visual sight.

That's interesting to note is it not?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Here is one fact:

Since the advent of lasers, scientists can determine the exact rate that the moon is receding from the Earth. With this rate in mind, if the Earth were in fact billions of years old, the moon would be completely out of visual sight.

That's interesting to note is it not?
Well not really when you consider gravity - as the moon gets further from the Earth then the gravitational pull on the moon gets less and less therefore the moons gets further away quicker. Considering that today the moon is getting distant by about 3.9cm per year and that it would take 3 million years for the Earths day to lessen by 1 minute (due to the gravitational force of the moon - not talking natural day limits here where the Earths rotation varies). When calculating the age of the Earth and incorporating gravitational strengths, mass and such like I think you will find that the Earth is a great deal older than you imagine. Please check up on 'tidal rhythmites' which backs up an old Earth.

I'm always amazed how quick people are to spout off absolute drivel and try and make it sound quite scientific so that people will believe. Even 5 minutes on Google can provide enough information to dismiss this as absolute nonsense.

Nice try but no biscuit for you this time.

Edit to add: On topic - nice boat, lets see his try and sail the bloody thing in a storm, filled to the brim with real animals, for 40 days.

G

[edit on 2-10-2008 by shihulud]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Very nice, since I live in Europe I might check it once.

I once read a scifi story about a new flood and a billionaire guy that secretly built an nuclear powered ark.

wish I knew who the writer was but I can't remember, I have read so many scifi bundles and books as a kid.

strange that it is now a story that would even be plausible and possible.

And Zion was built before the flood, saith the Lord. The Revelations of Jesus Christ, Section 5.

I am curious if history will repeats itself.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by shihulud

I'm glad you did bring up "gravity". If you want to go that route, then Billions of years ago the Earth's gravity would have pulled the moon to the surface of our planet.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by shihulud

I'm glad you did bring up "gravity". If you want to go that route, then Billions of years ago the Earth's gravity would have pulled the moon to the surface of our planet.

It's stuck in orbit.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by riley]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join