It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October 1. Please Post Here if You See Our Troops in the USA.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mateandbucky06
reply to post by joe_dirt976

I feel ya. I am also so tired of reading all these paranoid threads that we military people are basically heartless demons.

Just as a question...and no need to be ticked off at me either, but as a "military person" as you say, isn't it your duty as a "military person" to follow orders of your superior? I was under the impression that if you disobeyed orders, you would face court martial and then be shot.

So, if you are state side, and on duty, your commanding officer tells you to shoot civilians....for what ever reason, you wouldn't do it?

I'm not saying you are heartless at all... but what would you do?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mateandbucky06

Who is saying that? On the contrary, you recently arrived and served? I appreciate your service and all that you have endured. God bless you and i beleive Americans want their troops home with their families to enjoy holidays, birthdays, and all that is good.

I'd like to ask you something; What would you do if you had orders to bring down random people in the streets? Could you do it?

This in no way is meant to flame you. I respect you and your service to this country. Could you hurt Americans if you had orders?

I ask you because i am married to a Marine and I beleive HE WOULD DO IT. Maybe not, but i am inclined to think that if he had weapons he would go into a war mode and commence killing.

What do you think you would do?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TARBOX

I feel ya. I am also so tired of reading all these paranoid threads that we military people are basically heartless demons.

Just as a question...and no need to be ticked off at me either, but as a "military person" as you say, isn't it your duty as a "military person" to follow orders of your superior? I was under the impression that if you disobeyed orders, you would face court martial and then be shot.

So, if you are state side, and on duty, your commanding officer tells you to shoot civilians....for what ever reason, you wouldn't do it?

For all the people who are still going on about the military / shoot your own people blah blah blah....

why don't you ask the Gunners / Riflemen? RAF here - your Trade comes first, you only carry a rifle in dire measures. Or on Guard. The frontliners are the people you should be asking cause the rest of us have Trade and would be highly unlikely to shoot someone.

I think all of you people who don't actually have a clue, should go to your nearest Careers Office and go and ask them yourself. They'll tell you what we've been trying to say over ...and over... seriously, not being sarcastic, go and ask! Come back and tell me what they say.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
My dorm is by some train tracks and I just heard train doors slam open. Stand By...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Ok that scared the **** out of me. I just went to take a look. No FEMA trains but there was a boxcar with its door open. I know the sound of those doors, I hear it all the time over there. It's not windy or anything so it was probably just some idiots from my dorm.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/10/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
READY FOR THE LATEST?

The POPE will be reading the bible constantly on television all this week.

CAN WE PANIC NOW???????

WTH???????

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Seriously DG? Link?

Listen folks, the reason I am following this thread is because I do think things are about to change. The Bailout passed and the markets responded, and it wasn't pretty. This week all hell could break loose. Monday's open (today) is not looking to posistive.

I personally don't think troops would have to shoot their fellow Americans, but if they are ordered to suddenly appear anywhere right now, it will send a fear through the masses. Can we just watch the situation and see what happens?

If there is nothing to report, nothing lost, but if things start to look strange, I am glad there is a place people can talk about it.

Let's just keep our eyes and ears open this week and share what the OP requested. There is something that concerns me that I am holding back for now, because it is not exactly what DG has requested, but it may be related, but I will bring it up IF things warrant it.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Oh Good god!

Pope 7 Day bible Marathon

Yeah, this is freaking me out too.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
this is just an update. the unit has been deployed:

The 1st Brigade Combat Team of the 3rd Infantry, which was first into Baghdad, Iraq, in 2003, started its controversial assignment Wednesday. The First Raiders will spend 2009 as the first active-duty military unit attached to the U.S. Northern Command since it was created. The unit has been training with equipment generally used in law enforcement, including beanbag bullets, Tasers, spike strips and roadblocks. That kind of training seems a bit out of line for the unit's designated role as Northern Command's CCMRF (Sea Smurf), or CBRNE Consequence Management Response Force. CBRNE stands for chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and high-yield explosive incidents.
www.legitgov.org...

i really think we need to concentrate on the georgia to georgia connection mentioned above. it makes more sense to train our military on foreign soil and not on us soil so as to not panic the american people.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
OK,

Enough is about enough... 24 pages of nothing but a bunch of ranting and raving....

The original request was for a picture of the US Army operating on US Soil.

Not to debate opinions on the matter.

Sorry for maybe being a little bit edgy... BUT I WANT PICTURES TOO

whats the big deal if we want pictures... that doesn't mean we think they are coming to kill us. It is just for verification purposes.

Please I beg of you to stop with all of this. Just take a photo or forever hold your peace.
____
Now 25 pages since I wrote this.....

[edit on 6-10-2008 by arxgen]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

the word might have been designated; however,

started its controversial assignment Wednesday. The First Raiders will spend 2009 as the first active-duty military unit attached to the U.S. Northern Command since it was created. The unit has been training with equipment generally used in law enforcement, including beanbag bullets, Tasers, spike strips and roadblocks. That kind of training seems a bit out of line for the unit's designated role as Northern Command's CCMRF (Sea Smurf), or CBRNE Consequence Management Response Force. CBRNE stands for chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and high-yield explosive incidents.
www.legitgov.org...

and i would like to add

We are at the crossroads of global economic and social crisis. We are indebted to our authors who have provided us with an understanding of the complexities underlying the crisis. We are faced with a barrage of media disinformation where realities are literally turned upside down. It is our sincere hope that our endeavors will contribute to the long-term goals of World peace, social justice and economic development.
www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=10448

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by arxgen

I understand your frustration, but we are making every effort to get the thread back on track. Sorry no one has posted pics for you, but some of us are trying to follow reports, and unfortunately the nature of this scenario is going to be anecdotal for the most part.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gallopinghordes

i for one certainly appreciate your intervention here as i consider this thread important to me, to my family and to all those who think bush remotely cares about us; after all his said

Bush: Constitution “just a goddamned piece of paper”
www.homelandstupidity.us...

we do need to keep our eyes open and think outside the box.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
there is a thread posted 9/26/08 here on ats

Firsthand observation of increased EM/military activity I was originally not going to share this with ATS, but after thinking about it for a few days, I remembered how one thread I started in the past (www.abovetopsecret.com...) turned out that I was not alone in my thoughts, and perhaps I should have mentioned it earlier.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

so we have troop movement in minnesota, georgia, massachusettts, washington, and possibly alabama.

there is also troop movement toward el paso, tx, southern new mexico and california........let me emphasize that this particular movement is in response to mexico's assault on the drug cartel.

The Laguna Journal on March 13, 2008 reported that the U.S. are sending or preparing to send troops to our southern border and reported that “The Laguna Journal has learned that a special U.S. Military Task Force has been created to protect our southern border with Mexico. Members of this task force is preparing to secure the border by responding with specially trained fast response U.S. Army task force military units. These forces are already in place with the heart of the power being concentrated in El Paso and Southern New Mexico with a far reaching responsibility from East Texas to Southern California”.
www.rightsidenews.com... an-troops-patrol.html

i'm not convinced 100% mexico's against the drug cartel is the only reason..................as in so many other scenarios bush is staging to make ready for marshal law

They are being staged and immediately available as emergency "on call" units for use against terrorist threats on the nation's border and local disasters, said Gen. Victor E. Renuart Jr., commander of United States Northern Command and the North American Aerospace Defense Commander.
www.rightsidenews.com... roops-patrol.html

and on this southern border protection patrol

U.S. Command Denies Military Task Force Exists
www.lagunajournal.com...

just remember what our government keep on telling us that things are going to be alright....................bush and our congress are liars and outright thieves.

when people get hungry they get angry.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by musselwhite]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
on friday, october 3rd, a transfer truck hauling 3 military jeeps, soft top hummers pulled into walmart. this was just told to me right now.

Hunter Army Airfield is located in south eastern Georgia, about 8 miles south of Savannah. It is 15 miles west of Fort Stewart. It is home to the US Army longest runway on the east coast and the Truscott Air Deployment Terminal.
hotel-guides.us...

[edit on 6-10-2008 by musselwhite]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by emmy

Originally posted by TARBOX

For all the people who are still going on about the military / shoot your own people blah blah blah....

why don't you ask the Gunners / Riflemen? RAF here - your Trade comes first, you only carry a rifle in dire measures. Or on Guard. The frontliners are the people you should be asking cause the rest of us have Trade and would be highly unlikely to shoot someone.

I think all of you people who don't actually have a clue, should go to your nearest Careers Office and go and ask them yourself. They'll tell you what we've been trying to say over ...and over... seriously, not being sarcastic, go and ask! Come back and tell me what they say.

I was just asking a serious question to a "military person". Why do you think I don't have a clue? I was just asking. The OP asked the same question, but also never got an answer.

And it doesn't matter weather they are a frontliner or "have a trade" as you say. They still would have to follow orders from their superior, because they are "programmed to.

How silly a statement to say...."go to your nearest Careers Office and go and ask them yourself" We all know what they would say.... But it is different when you complete basic training and on the front line. You follow the orders of your superior without question....and that is final!

Look.... I don't frown upon the military at all. In fact, I'm so glad we have them. My Dad was in the army, and my brother was in the Navy. But, if something were to happen here in the states, and our boys had to take action on civilians, it was only because they were ordered to.

But, back on the original topic of this thread.

I live about 30 miles west of Atlanta and I haven't seen anything out of the usual except a "military copter" flew over about a half hour ago at very low altitude. I've lived here for about 5 years now and never saw one that close. I didn't have the camera ready, but it is now in case it comes back.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TARBOX

I wasn't being sarcastic or witty. Please don't take offence - I know what goes on in frontline. I did exactly that when I walked into my AFCO - asked them for God's honest truth.

But hey - the military differs from each country you go to, but please...state exactly where I said that they don't follow orders (because I know they do), but Officers don't make rash decisions and they wouldn't make their Troop fire unecessarily, nor would they fire upon innocent people. But I'm gonna shut my trap before someone else tries to make me look stupid.

At least I know what I'm talking about and what I'm trying to say

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by emmy
reply to post by TARBOX

I wasn't being sarcastic or witty. Please don't take offense - I know what goes on in frontline. I did exactly that when I walked into my AFCO - asked them for God's honest truth.

But hey - the military differs from each country you go to, but please...state exactly where I said that they don't follow orders (because I know they do), but Officers don't make rash decisions and they wouldn't make their Troop fire unnecessarily, nor would they fire upon innocent people. But I'm gonna shut my trap before someone else tries to make me look stupid.

At least I know what I'm talking about and what I'm trying to say

emmy:

I was not trying to make you look stupid, or make it look like you didn't know what you were talking about...or anything else.

I asked a question...and responded to what you had said..that was it.

I am sorry if it seemed like I was degrading you, because I wasn't. As this turbulent time approaches, I am very concerned for my little ones and their future.

Again....sorry if I offended you.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread396607/pg7#pid5059355]

Is there any way this is tied to the recent threats by al qaeda for an October surprise. Maybe the Gov. knows something is coming they are unable to stop but hope to do there best to contain it. I.E. WOMD are in place hear in the U.S. and are going to be deployed but they cant locate all them. Maybe alot of people with small quantities.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Today is the day when the troops will be making the rounds at home in the USA.
Please post here any sightings, if you would. I dont plan to go out today

but would appreciate you doing so if you see anything strange!

Thank you!

Didn't see anything out my way on that day. Just now seen the post on 10012008.
Did hear of a 'far-cracker' and a commotion around that time. Blamed on some drunken, idiot-assed fool that wanted to bang his head on the bridge. A lot of screams and hollerin', too. But, in hindsight I think they were just partying.
A lot of what sounded like hood-ornaments also, screeching through the night. Must have been them there 'bug-be-gone' emitters so many use. Good for getting deer out the way too, you know...

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join