It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October 1. Please Post Here if You See Our Troops in the USA.

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessI didn't see you win any debates here yet Viking, (that's a matter of opinion, apparently yours) and if it is your purpose to be on this thread to threaten other posters with embarrassment, instead of staying on topic like I keep asking of you I suggest you go read the TOS.

Oh you didn't? Perhaps you should re-read the part where the guy was claiming the John Warner Act allowed for martial law, but couldn't even tell me what language the John Warner Act changed as it regards to martial law and posse comitatus. There seems to be very little factual information flying around here, just ridiculous conclusions being jumped to by people who don't know better.

I have been trying to be patient with you since I notice you have only been on the board since yesterday, but I'm getting a little tired of this. STOP baiting people.

Excuse me? Baiting people? It's baiting people to disregard alarmist statements with nothing to back them up? It's baiting people to respond to paranoid claims with facts and substance? What is your definition of baiting?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
OP, thanks for your watchfulness.

I have to ask, though- what exactly or specifically would you like us to look for ?

I'm not being an arse ( I hope ) or a cynic when I say this... but the US is the most heavily militarized ( at least quantitatively ) civilization in known history.

If you drew a 200 mile circle around where I am sitting, you would find dozens of national guard armories, a major army fort, 3 major airforce bases, a marine training area, a major bombing range, and geez- I could go on...

I see dozens ( sometimes hundreds ) of DHS personel just driving to the nearest neighboring town !

Oh, and I live right on the southern border- so that circle ? It could only be an arc...

So, what to look for in regards to unusual military activity in this environment ?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperViking
Excuse me? Baiting people? It's baiting people to disregard alarmist statements with nothing to back them up? It's baiting people to respond to paranoid claims with facts and substance? What is your definition of baiting?

Let's start with the truth slipping out with your threat to embarass posters??? If you want me to make a list it's going to Admin to get you off this thread. Contribute to the Titled Topic or start your own thread to debate the underlying issues - what don't you get? It's a rather simple request.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless

Originally posted by SuperViking

Let's start with the truth slipping out with your threat to embarass posters??? If you want me to make a list it's going to Admin to get you off this thread. Contribute to the Titled Topic or start your own thread to debate the underlying issues - what don't you get? It's a rather simple request.

What I don't get is how you accuse me of this after I was the one who looked up the John Warner Act instead of just dealing with gross exaggeration with no facts to back it up, who made posts after posts explaining that this WASN'T a deployment at all, how it's no different than what happens many times a year in various places except now a specific unit was being pre-designated, trying to illuminate the situation for people who clearly don't know anything about it, and then I'm attacked by ATSfan and you accuse me of being out of line and needing to read the TOS.

That's what I 'don't get', maybe you can explain it for me.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by SuperViking]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperViking

It has been proven this is a new thing that started 10/1, which prompted a member to ask for "reports".

The others have all stopped going off topic, you just keep going, and get a new round of off topic posts every time. Let it go, if you have any reports to add to this thread feel free, anything else START YOUR OWN TOPIC! (preferably not in this forum)

[edit on 10/5/2008 by Relentless]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I found this on another thread that sort of pertains to this thread.

October 3, 2008 Hawk The following information updates pertain to Hawk's Emergency Alert of 10/2 re. the possibilities and probabilities of a "Bank Holiday" Economic Emergency and Martial Law declarations. With the gravity of such operations and the potential for very near time frame of their occurrence......It is imperative to be vigiliant. UPDATES 1. VERY DETAILED REPORTS FROM MULTIPLE OBSERVORS OF HIGHLY DISCIPLINED ORIENTAL TROOPS IN HUMMVEES, TRUCKS, AND WITH BLACK HAWK HELO AIR SUPPORT IN THE VICINITY OF EVERETT, WASHINGTON . COLUMN MOVED TOWARD EVERETT AREA MILITARY HARBOR WHERE TWO LARGE TRANSPORT SHIPS OFFLOADED ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES TO THESE TROOPS. THEIR BILLETING ARRANGEMENTS ARE UNKNOWN THOUGH SOME ANCILLARY INFORMATION FROM ANOTHER SOURCE MAY POINT AT POSSIBILITY OF USE OF OLDER BUILDINGS PERHAPS UNDER HUD CONTROL FOR THEIR BILLETING.. NO CONFIRMATION OF THIS HAS BEEN MADE BUT THESE TROOPS ORIGINATED FROM OUTSIDE MIL BASE AREAS AND DROVE TO MIL PORT FACILITIES PER THE ORIGINAL FORWARD OBSERVOR. ANY ADDITIONAL CONFIRMATIONS OR ANCILLARY INFORMATION IS NEEDED ASAP. NOTE: CLINTON'S OMNIBUS CRIME BILL IN THE 1990'S DID PROVIDE FOR THE HIRING OF 50,000 FORMER BRITISH COLONY HONG KONG POLICE. CONTRACTS FOR UPDATING THEIR SIDE ARMS WERE LET AND INCLUDED TRADE INS OF .38 CALIBER REVOLVERS OF THESE POLICE FOR SEMI AUTO PISTOLS. INCIDENTS INVOLVING ALLEGED CHINESE HONG KONG POLICE WERE REPORTED REGARDING TRAINING OF SAME POSSIBLY UNDER FEMA COG AUSPICES.

Full story
www.stevequayle.com...

I'm not too convinced on the source, but it is a rather interesting read.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Yet to see any photos of any of this...Not saying it is false, but where are the photos? did I miss them? btw, ex military, high level clearance (not current)........

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by habu71
Yet to see any photos of any of this...Not saying it is false, but where are the photos? did I miss them? btw, ex military, high level clearance (not current)........

Do you really expect to? I doubt that the report I posted is real, but do you really think that the mainstream media will let us know if this is going on and is suppose to be kept secret?

The only way we will ever get pictures is if someone....a pedestrian, spots them and takes pictures with his/her camera phone...or the like.

Again, I doubt....because of the source, this is real....but kinda makes the hair on the back of my neck stick up a bit.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

UPDATES 1. VERY DETAILED REPORTS FROM MULTIPLE OBSERVORS OF HIGHLY DISCIPLINED ORIENTAL TROOPS IN HUMMVEES, TRUCKS, AND WITH BLACK HAWK HELO AIR SUPPORT IN THE VICINITY OF EVERETT, WASHINGTON .

Strange. I saw a bunch of oriental people working in a Chinese restaurant today.

Chilling.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Just looked out my window. No troop movement in my backyard which is strange since WW3 is supposedly imminent. What the hell are we waiting for?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
Just looked out my window. No troop movement in my backyard which is strange since WW3 is supposedly imminent. What the hell are we waiting for?

C'mon, dude. It's Sunday. The military isn't going to do anything on the weekend!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

enigmania, please post the original language, not snippets of it from an alarmist article. You're sort of on the right track- it DID add an outbreak of disease or terrorist attack.

No, it added much more:

natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or OTHER CONDITION

In other words, any condition can result in Martial Law, since the changes.

But considering the President could already delcare martial law if he found it "impractical to enforce laws", that's not an escalation of Presidential powers, only a clarification of it.

Wrong, he could only do so if that situation occurred as a result of:

insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy

Definately a big escalation of presidential powers.

Also, this not the result of the Warner Act, but of the modification of the Insurrection Act, as part of the 2007 Defense Authorization Bill.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania

enigmania, please post the original language, not snippets of it from an alarmist article. You're sort of on the right track- it DID add an outbreak of disease or terrorist attack.

No, it added much more:

natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or OTHER CONDITION

In other words, any condition can result in Martial Law, since the changes.

But considering the President could already delcare martial law if he found it "impractical to enforce laws", that's not an escalation of Presidential powers, only a clarification of it.

Wrong, he could only do so if that situation occurred as a result of:

insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy

Definately a big escalation of presidential powers.

Also, this not the result of the Warner Act, but of the modification of the Insurrection Act, as part of the 2007 Defense Authorization Bill.

First, no, it was part of the John Warner Act, read the whole text, it's online. Second, what you (finally) gave me doesn't change anything. The president in the old language decided what was an insurrection or what was conspiracy, so he (or she) could've always used martial law upon those grounds. What is the difference now? He could've used martial law before, he can use it now. There's only a clarification now- it didn't make it any easier.

What is wrong with you people?! Jumping at shadows at every turn.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Enough people. Debate the topic not each other.

Civil behavior towards each other is mandatory.

There will be no further off-topic posts nor anymore rude behavior towards each other. Consider this your warning.

gallopinghordes
forum mod

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I am about 50 miles from an AFB that the President and many others of gov't importance fly in and out of when comming here. I live near an Armory for the National Guard. We have lots of Coast Guard here.Not to
mention many Air Force Bases . One AFB of which I see activity from a couple times a week.

All seems normal here...

I would like to remind everyone that 'Hunting Season' is open.
I am in Michigan.My property backs up to a gigantic 'State Game' property.
Granted it is 'Bow Season' here,but I have seen hunters in full dress camo,carying full ruck sacks, cantines and other small bags attached to them.
I've seen them walking out of the woods. I've seen them at the gas station.They are in restaraunts, grocery stores etc....

I have a friend who is active National Guard .We speak nearly every day.No mention of from him, of any activity ,and he would let me know if something of was in the makeing.
By the way, he spent 18 Months in Iraq, and would 'Not Kill' me if ordered to do so.

Are State Militias more active than normal?
That may be a way to tell if 'Martal Law' is "creep'en up on ya"
Are there any Militia Members (State or not) here on ATS ?

I have been ready, with survival supplies, since GWB and his #1 partner in crime bought their way into power.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by azureskys]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I am not seeing any more military activity than I usually would here, which is those who are leaving home to join the service, with their fresh haircuts, new uniform, pride and determination to serve this great nation with their best efforts. I am not afraid of my own servicemen and women, they do what is in the best interest of our people. That does not make me a sheeple, I make the decision to support the USA military, and trust it will serve and protect it's people, and the people of other nations who request our assistance in reaching the same level of safety and protection that our military provides.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
There will be more and more troops returning to the states,what with the scream to 'bring'em home'.

They need to perform military duty while still 'active', and even if they are 'Short' they would need a job as 'civies'. We all know there not enough jobs.The Gov't has to give them work.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by azureskys]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
i find it hard to imagine american soldiers attaking american civillians. but it may depend on how bad economic conditions become there.

there is talk that this credit crunch may see huge numbers of credit cards frozen, and holders will no longer be able to use them. i can imagine that would create some upheaval.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ecidemon
hmm well... I figure whatever is going to happen, is going to happen and there isn't anything that I can do to change it.

Worrying is like a rocking chair; it gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere.

If you're prepared, there's no need to worry.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO, the confluence of events is just too much to ignore. It’s all coming to a head just before the most important election since the war between the states. Nothing would surprise me at this point. The globalists are without question making their move, and I will be looking for military movements and posting pictures if possible. I hope that the skeptics are right, and that such freedom as remains will continue. I am not optimistic at this point however.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by joe_dirt976

I feel ya. I am also so tired of reading all these paranoid threads that we military people are basically heartless demons.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join