It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October 1. Please Post Here if You See Our Troops in the USA.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
So where will it start? My guess is those parts of the US already hit with little or no gas. People are already on edge there. All it would take to set things off would be a little push and shove from someone who needs gas. The cops are called, there backup our own troops. Wham it all gets bad. I pray that it never comes to a time when our troops are protecting us from us...bil

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

well its public knowledge anyways so what does it matter, besides there are no terrorists in your country, that is unless a civil revolt takes place then the entire population will be terrorists,

man its going to be interesting to see what happens to your country in the next few weeks/months

im guessing whatever happens will end up coming up north to canada as well so i guess i shouldnt be laughing for too long

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
I always assumed each town had those sirens. Every Monday morning ours go off as they are used to alert for tornados and stuff.

Do they go off on Mondays as a test alert to make sure they are working for when there are tornados and stuff?

So maybe they don't have them everywhere- because wouldn't they have to test them, to make sure they work? Maybe they just test them really really quietly.

And yes Karl, people would certianly lose it if they went off- someone like me, who has never grown up with them and is not in a place with frequent tornado warnings would assume that it was an air raid alert.

I still jump when I hear the emergency broadcast testing until they announce that it is just a test and in a real emergency further instructions would have been given.

Alright, I am off for a jog to Fourbucks, as I call it. Will check back in later

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Well, I am not asking for an exact location, as in "FYI, troops will be in the area of the Starbucks at Scottsdale and Indian School today."

Just heads up that the military will be doing training in the Valley on such and such days would be fine with me.

Further, I think running the risk of having unsuspecting people upset over simulated drills is more of a threat to the troops. I do assume these troops are armed- and they were in Iraq, they are used to terrorists.

I also suspect that maybe the army wants a "natural reaction" to such drills- I can assure them my first reaction will be to get the heck home as soon as possible.

And the conspiracy side of me believes they want us accustomed to seeing this so it is not as much of a shock later. Which is bull.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by joe_dirt976

It's not the fact that we think the military will assault us (I mean military personnel are people too..just like you and me and everyone else)

It's the fact that IF people get out of hand, there is no doubt in my mind that the military would step up to keep order.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
No activity in the SW. Border is the same, military base is the same. Soldiers behaving normally. Apathy at an all time high.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

your post made me curious as to the number of men in a brigade.

A military unit consisting of a variable number of combat battalions or regiments
www.answers.com... couldn't get an exact number so i looked up battalion

A battalion is a military unit of around 500-1500 men usually consisting of between two and seven companies and typically commanded by a Lieutenant Colonel. Several battalions are grouped to form a regiment or a brigade.
en.wikipedia.org... so, just how many battalions are in the The 3rd Infantry Division’s 1st Brigade Combat Team has several companies. several being of a number more than two or three but not many.....or a great number. www.merriam-webster.com... so, if we take the least number of men in a battalion (500) multiplied by the least number of companies (2) we have about 1000 men. on the other hand, if we take the greater number of 7 battalions with the greatest number of men (1500) we would have 10,500 service men in this brigade. staggering...................scary...................! i definitely will keep my eyes open.

edited to correct mathematical equation! not very good a math

[edit on 1-10-2008 by musselwhite]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Its funny, on my way to work this morning i have to cross a set of train tracks....and every morning i get stuck there of a passing train hauling coal and oil and other stuff....but this morning the train only hauled tanks, and personnel carriers, and humvies....i was wondering why....could it be in preparation for something?

i live near Ft. Hood in Tx, the largest military base in the USofA

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

The command is at Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado Springs, Colo., but the soldiers with 1st BCT, who returned in April after 15 months in Iraq, will operate out of their home post at Fort Stewart, Ga., where they’ll be able to go to school, spend time with their families and train for their new homeland mission as well as the counterinsurgency mission in the war zones.
www.armytimes.com...

evidentially georgia is on northcom's mind. so, if you are living in the state of georgia where we have all the gas, water and food shortages we are in for a big surprise.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'd imagine that if my small town of about 50,000 people had a siren, which went off quite frequently, most towns in the country have one. The first time I heard it in real life all I could think about were the WWII movies in which it goes off before a bomb is dropped, so it scared the living s*** out of me!

Also I just wanted to add that I live near Camp Lejune and I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary at all regarding troops, etc.

Edit: spelling

[edit on 1-10-2008 by Alexander_Supertramp]

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Wow...you people, especially the OP, are off your rocker.

Do you really think this would happen? What kind of B-Movie do you think life is? Do you honestly think that simply because congress is again going to try to get this bill passed, that people will be revolting in the streets, to the extent that the situation will have to be contained militarily?

Do you honestly think that our stupid President is stupidenough that he thinks he can create a police/military state and effectively supress the population? Do you know how heavily the general population outnumbers the police or military? Do you think this would work? Ever?

You people need to find a hobby. Possibly presciption drugs too.

Every time I come on this board I'm astounded at the things people type. Evenmore, the fact that you had to think these things before you typed them...Wow. A great big Christopher Walken Wow...to that.

Calm down.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The only tank I saw in the streets today was an ancient Caddy driven by an ancient woman that was doing about 10MPH in the 35MPH zone.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Double post....fat fingered the "post" button.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by jerico65]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DOcean

DOcean, if this board disturbs you so why do you allow it to have so much power over your emotions and senses or stay under the rock? just let it go and move on to a topic that soothes your soul and leave us alone w/our dulusions. as far as taking pharmaceutical drugs, it simply is not an option as that is what the big boys want the american people to do. i prefer being sober and free from drugs which side effects are more dangerous than the disease.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DOcean

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It is in contemplating the unimaginable that we avoid the unexpected. However, ostriches have survived a long time without such ideas, so it may not be that great of a survival skill. Then again, the ostriches don't have armies.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOcean
Wow...you people, especially the OP, are off your rocker.

Do you really think this would happen? What kind of B-Movie do you think life is? Do you honestly think that simply because congress is again going to try to get this bill passed, that people will be revolting in the streets, to the extent that the situation will have to be contained militarily?

You people need to find a hobby. Possibly presciption drugs too.

Calm down.

Well if you read my posts one of them says the essentially that I don't think we should be worried about this yet. But I don't think insulting people is necessary. You are on a conspiracy site- tends to lend itself to more paranoia than other mainstream media websites. Which is not always a bad thing. (And I should note that even callers on AirAmerica have brought up PD51 and the possibilty of a cancelled election.)

And no, at present time I do not think we will need to be contained militarily, as you put it. As far as "could" they do it? You betcha- "they" can do anything. Look what Hitler and Stalin did. It has happened before, and those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

Anyway, I just returned from Starbucks (I am pretty sure the Cafe Mocha and sausage sandwhich I ate negated any health benefits I may have attained from jogging there) and it is the same as always here in the Valley of the Sun at 8am our time. Will post later if something is afoot when I go to run errands.

[edit on 10/1/2008 by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Edit for double post.

[edit on 10/1/2008 by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

they will be stationed out of ft stewart, georgia

The command is at Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado Springs, Colo., but the soldiers with 1st BCT, who returned in April after 15 months in Iraq, will operate out of their home post at Fort Stewart, Ga., where they’ll be able to go to school, spend time with their families and train for their new homeland mission as well as the counterinsurgency mission in the war zones.

www.armytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I was driving westbound on I-20 towards B'ham, AL yesterday morning and passed a convoy with about 40 vehicles. Of those vehicles there were about 10 tanks, medical humvees, and other equipment that I could not identify. This convoy was heading east on I-20 towards Atlanta.

Edit to add: There is a base in Anniston, AL. This is the probable destination.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by Mudman21]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join