It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October 1. Please Post Here if You See Our Troops in the USA.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I was told that US troups have indeed been deployed in the USA. What for? What does it5 mean? How many?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter

Call for help if you are always looking over your shoulder,
call for help if you think a lot of people are thinking or saying bad things about you,
Call for help if you think you are special and super human,
just call and talk to someone. Please, for this worlds sake... stop ranting about lies. Stop living in fear.

Thank God, I'm not alone in shaking my head at the level of paranoia that has engulfed us. Just browse the threads on the front page of this site and you will see posts proclaiming:

- Oriental Troops on the ground in Washington State
- Riots in No. VA over Gas Shortage
- Martial Law imminent
- Martial Law instituted
- Bank of America warns managers of impending bank holiday
- Catholic organization orchestrates global financial collapse
- Armed Guards patrol banks

Other than the fact that it is likely banks have begun posting police details in front of banks (likely out of fear of the very paranoia that is reaching ridiculous levels on this board).

Why should I care? Well first of all, it's not healthy to go through life feeling that everyone is out to get you and that the end of life as we know it is but days away.

Get a grip people. If you want to prepare yourselves for martial law by buying truckloads of Doritos then, by all means, have at it. Do yourselves a favor though and walk away from the PC and from ATS for awhile. Go outside and remind yourselves what a gift life is.

Is this really the view of the world that we want to pass along to our children? A view in which we are constantly under siege and that death is at our door?

If that's your thing, then I suppose you are entitled to it.

As for me, I look out my door and see bright sunshine. I look around my house and see my two beautiful daughters who see all sorts of wonderful possibilities in each new day. I remember that it is Saturday which means my son will call from college and we will have our wide ranging discussions about the world events, the upcoming election and of course the Boston Red Sox.

And, I see my wife who literally changed my life so many years ago.

That's how I see life. We are experiencing financial difficulties as are so many. We are doing what we can to work through that. What's important though, what life is really all about, is that I get to share this life, whatever it brings with people who God has blessed me with.

I'll take that.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

As Ex-Militairy myself

Americans Soldiers are not being ordered to kill Amercan Citizens... they will however Kill American Citizens who are paranoid and firing at them or threatening the very life of any solider or the security of their base or bases that contain weapons or things of importance that you dont want Paranoid delusional skeptics having in the event that there is no threat but they are die hard I feel it, so it must be true...

So they will kill paranoid people that fire at them in the case of no event.

So if there is no event, why would there even be soldiers to fire at?

This doesn't make sense.

The crazy part is that I keep seeing confirmation that soldiers will in fact shoot American citizens, if they threaten the soldiers, or their mission.

Funny how (ex)-soldiers come in here saying this is all BS, and then imply that they would have no problem firing on citizens, under circumstances.

[edit on 4/10/08 by enigmania]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

i think that for most of us, the days of denial are over. If you don't see anything wrong here, good for you.

If it bothers you, take your own advice.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania

i think that for most of us, the days of denial are over.

The days of denial are over?

Yes indeed.

Good luck with your dark world.

Don't forget to stock up on Dinty Moore beef stew.

It's a yummy last meal.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
the level of paranoia that has engulfed us.

This is a conspiracy site. Paranoia tends to happen with us.

Is it paranoia or is it being more insightful then the average sheeple?

Time will tell.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Enough out of you. Stop flaming this discussion. If you dont like the thread you know what to do, huh?

Nothing to see here. You can have an opinion without being a wise butt about it.

Either contribute peacefully, or leave.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
As for me, I look out my door and see bright sunshine. I look around my house and see my two beautiful daughters who see all sorts of wonderful possibilities in each new day. I remember that it is Saturday which means my son will call from college and we will have our wide ranging discussions about the world events, the upcoming election and of course the Boston Red Sox.

So carpe diem, I guess? You don't worry about what tomorrow brings, or the storm on the horizon. Ignorance is bliss. But it doesn't put food in your belly. I already have a solid grip on reality, and I'm not going to blindly trust things to work out well for me on their own by means of Uncle Sam. That's why I take initiative to stock up on food, etc. now, rather than when it will be too late. Better safe than sorry doesn't even apply, imo, because I've been expecting this to happen for about 4 or 5 years at least now. Smart financial advisors have been saying for decades that this would happen eventually as a result of our debt-based system anyway. That the economy is beginning to headline our news every other day for something terrible only strengthens my convictions, and I'm sure the worst is yet to come.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I wanted to add this.

If this whole idea of Martial Law is so prepostrous, why did they change the laws to make it legal in the first place? We didn't make this up, the government did.

Why the Patriot Act? Why allow troops to patrol the homeland, it has always been unconstitutional.

Everything happens for a reason.

Did the American government change all these laws, to be prepared for a situation they don't think will ever occur?

Just the fact that they can, is enough to be paranoid about.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I live less than a mile as the crow flies from an airport (it's listed as an international one, but you know, we're nothing like a NYC one or anything). Within the past month, because I work from home and can grab my camera quickly, I have video of numerous military choppers, military airplanes, and aircraft I have never seen before flying over my house. I'm not jumping to any conclusions about these incidents, I just think it's "very unusual."

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

my post sir! was a reply to another post which sounded like it was derailing a post which was fitting i also brought my post back in line with the topic at the end of the post. like i will do to this one.
if your a survivalist then you should certainly be familar with the meaning of flags.
also you shoud look at you post and tell me where you stand in relation to the topic!
back to the original post of dgtempe:
no troops here today!
no trains moving either
no coast guard helicopters

moderator: if my posts are off topic please remove them. don't move them

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperViking

So the article here is a lie?

Inflammatory comments don't help convey your position on the matter. Want to try again?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon
reply to post by SuperViking

So the article here is a lie?

Inflammatory comments don't help convey your position on the matter. Want to try again?

That article isn't lying, whoever is saying that says the unit is deployed in the US is lying.

Do you get it now? Or should I expound? US military units are garrisoned throughout the US, at virtually every military base that exists. They live and work there, like little cities that you need an ID card to get into (or get searched to get into). Those guys are still living on Fort Stewart or in Savannah just like before, except now they've been pre-designated to be the unit that responds in case it happens. For example, after Katrina members of the 82nd were sent to New Orleans where they walked around (without weapons) trying to lend some type order to the situation. Now, instead of being pegged at the last second like part of 82nd was, this unit knows well ahead of time that if something occurs, they'll be the one to go.

Thinking this means troops on the corners of your town is incredibly, incredibly ignorant. Troops aren't 'deploying' anywhere, half of them are probably sitting around their houses as we speak, just like half of all the military in the US right now.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Wow - it's getting bitchy in here?!

I realise everyone has an opinion, and I realise some people are just damn right rude, but the last couple of pages have really got me. Some people had some sincere, yet realistic views, and get accused of flaming???

Again. Wow.

Nightwatchman - Kudos to you

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Enough out of you. Stop flaming this discussion. If you dont like the thread you know what to do, huh?

Nothing to see here. You can have an opinion without being a wise butt about it.

Either contribute peacefully, or leave.

I'll contribute anyway I damn well please. Of you don't like it, you leave.

You want only to read opinions that agree with yours, I guess. Well, I will tell you something, it is important for someone to speak out against the paranoia that is so rampant here.

You DG, are among the most egregious offenders but I have never called you out on that. You flitter from thread to thread hysterically screeching. Yo think that is productive? Do you think that creates intelligent discussion? But if you are going to tell me that I either agree with this silly business of hyperventilating everytime someone sees a military vehicle or hears a plane overhead or leave, well then, it is time for me to answer you back in kind.

I hope there are not impressionable young people reading your words and panicking because you, someone who has been on the Earth for sometime (as have I) and should know better, is telling them that their govt is about to turn the country's military forces against them.

Yes, this is a conspiracy site and I appreciate that. I'm not sure when conspiracy discussions turned into abject and unthinking hysteria.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by Night Watchman]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperViking
For example, after Katrina members of the 82nd were sent to New Orleans where they walked around (without weapons) trying to lend some type order to the situation.

Was Blackwater there with weapons? You sure there were no weapons in New Orleans from any type of Government sponsored organization?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join