It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October 1. Please Post Here if You See Our Troops in the USA.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well, this thread is going to be a long one. It's only October 2nd and it's already 14 pages long. I scanned through a few posts along the way to see what people are saying. I'm pretty sure that NO ONE HAS ACTUALLY SEEN THIS US BASED UNIT IN ACTION yet. Isn't that supposed to have been the focus of the thread?

Since everyone else is Doing IT, I guess I'll chime in with my 2 cents as well.

If something happens and this unit is dispatched the commander might find himself in a tough position. Who should he support The Government or The People?

I sure hope he's wise enough to be able to discern the difference.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by LazyGuy]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania
reply to post by Dewm0nster

You think your real smart with your sarcastic and "witty" remarks. You like it don't you.

This thread's premise is legitimate, and even if it wasn't, you have no business ridiculing or talking down to other members.

So, go vent your anger elsewhere, quit projecting.

Also goes for the Federation of Light thread, just shut the hell up, and wait till Oct. 14, 15,16 whatever it was.

Well excuse me.
Maybe you're misreading what I'm saying.
I know that can be hard- Since this is text.
I having nothing but, admiration, for Dgtempe, and the believers of this conspiracy.
I thought I made that clear!
Well, perhaps I'll start using emoticons to make my message more clear.

I believe telling me to "Shut the hell up" violate the TOA.
Fortunately, I can find it in my heart to forgive you, this time I guess.
Though, I found the comment to be both rude, and hurtful, I know it's only because you failed to see the true intent of my post.

I can forgive you, Enigmania.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dewm0nster

I having nothing but, admiration, for Dgtempe, and the believers of this conspiracy.

Spare my your innoscence act, nearly all your posts are sarcastic and meant to ridicule. And you seem to think you're really funny. You're not.

This thread is also not about conspiracy, it's about fact:

www.armytimes.com...

I believe telling me to "Shut the hell up" violate the TOA.

By any means, contact a mod. See what they think. I've seen you doing nothing other than ridiculing people.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

Well now this is getting offensive.
Here I am, explaining myself and apologizing, and you sit there and continue to belittle me.

I told you- Text is hard to interpret.
Everyone knows that- And I've been told that many times on these boards.

Well, let's let this go no further then- I'd hate to take away from the topic of this thread.

Still no Canadian troop movements- Just so you all know.
We are your neighbours, after all. (:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I'll just add to all of this.

I'm very aware of October 1 that this brigade is heading home. I'm personally not concerned with the date of October 1. I am, however, I little concerned with the 14th or so of October. Why??

Vigilant Shield. This takes place 15-October to 20-October. It's an exercise that involves NORAD, USNORTHCOM (same group in charge of the Brigade that arrived on the 1st), U.S. Pacific Command, the Department of Homeland Security as well as local, state and other federal responders. In conjunction with several partner nations including Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom, as well as the Territory of Guam. As per the factsheet, "National Level Exercise 1­08 will include the simulated detonation of three radiological dispersal
devices within the USNORTHCOM and U.S. Pacific Command areas of responsibility. These
exercise events and others are designed to test the full range of incident management response
procedures at the local, state, and federal levels."

As per the success of Exercise Vigilant Guardian (that was taking place on September 11, 2001), yes, I'm a little concerned.

During this time table, I should add, we also have Space shuttle Atlantis launching on the 14th. Following it is Space Shuttle Endeavour "The delay also pushes back the launch of Endeavour’s space station mission to Nov. 16. Endeavour will serve as the rescue ship for Atlantis, if needed. It is the first time that NASA has ever had a space shuttle on the launch pad, ready to blast off as a rescue ship if there is an emergency."

There is a lot of hubbub as well referring to this UFO sighting on the 14th? Personally, I don't really buy it. I do, however, recall reading about Project Bluebeam (google this). "The second step in the NASA Blue Beam Project involves a gigantic 'space show' with three-dimensional optical holograms and sounds, laser projection of multiple holographic images to different parts of the world, each receiving a different image according to predominating regional national religious faith. " So, I'm considering the possibility of this happening. I'm considering how freaked out everyone would get and how they would need to have the military 'protect' them.

On a side note, which someone else (pages and pages ago) mentioned, I too saw a couple planes fly by. It's dark out, couldn't tell if they were civilian or military, but I did notice the flashing red lights underneath. They were spaced about 3 fingers width apart in the sky, one following the other. Quite odd I thought. Don't planes have some kind of flight path?

So, if anything were to happen, I'd take a bet on the 14th or so of October before the so-called crap hits the fan.

I would add also, that if the US were to impose Martial Law, I would think it wouldn't be something expected. I think it would have to be MUCH bigger than banks failing. Just my guess.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I know this isn't a troop sighting but is along those lines.

My girlfriend was driving into Boston for work today (around 8am) and said she saw a "big black helicopter", which i'm assuming was a blackhawk. Then on the way home (around 5:45pm) a "extremely fast moving, low-flying, back jet." This really intrigued me as i instantly thought stealth bomber but she couldn't see it that well because it was moving too fast.

Now she dries into boston everyday and has never seen anything like this or anything flying as low as the jet. Anyone else in the area have a similar sighting?M aybe a training exercise?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

“I can’t think of a more noble mission than this,” said Cloutier, who took command in July. “We’ve been all over the world during this time of conflict, but now our mission is to take care of citizens at home ... and depending on where an event occurred, you’re going home to take care of your home town, your loved ones.”

While soldiers’ combat training is applicable, he said, some nuances don’t apply.

“If we go in, we’re going in to help American citizens on American soil, to save lives, provide critical life support, help clear debris, restore normalcy and support whatever local agencies need us to do, so it’s kind of a different role,” said Cloutier, who, as the division operations officer on the last rotation, learned of the homeland mission a few months ago while they were still in Iraq.

I’m not really concerned about our own guys. The men and women of this great nation swore to serve and protect it, and by nature they, being Americans themselves, pose no threat to Americans. They love their country enough to die for it, so this isn’t Martial Law being put into effect. That would be done with troops from another nation who lack affection or sympathy toward U.S. citizens.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I'd like to thank all those who saw this thread for what it was meant to be.

A slight aprehension as to why we would have troops on our streets. It

was a valid question, it wasnt meant to instill fear or fearmongering among

the ATS community. I'm all set for points, so i'd like to direct you to a

thread ( with all due respect to the OP), that has a message of pure FEAR.

Wont you please read the message on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'" target="_blank" class="postlink">www.abovetopsecret.com...'

DID YOU ALL MISS THIS THREAD???

I didnt. Perhaps you will now respect mine a bit more since its so mild and mundane as opposed to ^ this one, mine.

Again, thanks for your input and no hard feelings. My skin is 5 inches thick.

NOTE: i HOPE YOU WILL ACT CIVIL IN THE THREAD I REFERRED YOU TOO.
THE OP. OF THAT THREAD SIMPLY WAS POSTING FROM SOME SOURCE AND IM SURE ITS JUST TO INFORM ATS AND NOTHING ELSE***

[edit on 2-10-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by apaulo

They love their country enough to die for it, so this isn’t Martial Law being put into effect. That would be done with troops from another nation who lack affection or sympathy toward U.S. citizens.

Executive Order 12919: "National Emergency"

Should President George W. Bush proclaim and put into effect Executive Order 12919, "the President would put the United States under total Martial Law and Military Dictatorship." [2]

If a situation X happens, and Bush gives the order, do you think that every soldier will not follow the order?

Will there be a mass mutiny if Georgie gives the order?

I think your a bit naive in your thinking, it's just not that easy to break the chain of command.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I agree, it isn't that easy.
I imagine, 60-No, 65% of troops would still stay loyal to him.
I say sixty five percent.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Didn't see a single troop today, or were they "undercover".

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Vigilant Shield. This takes place 15-October to 20-October. It's an exercise that involves NORAD, USNORTHCOM (same group in charge of the Brigade that arrived on the 1st), U.S. Pacific Command, the Department of Homeland Security as well as local, state and other federal responders.

As per the factsheet, "National Level Exercise 1­08 will include the simulated detonation of three radiological dispersal

As per the success of Exercise Vigilant Guardian (that was taking place on September 11, 2001), yes, I'm a little concerned.

This...is just too much. This is unbelievable.

edit: Never mind this exercise was last year, sorry.

[edit on 2/10/08 by enigmania]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I agree.
Vigilant shield is most likely the end of freedom in America.
I agree full heartedly.

I would even have said this is super impossible.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I have been hearing a lot of helicopters today. I can hear another one as I type this. The activity has increased since yesterday.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I do believe that Martial Law will eventually be enforced, and that American citizens will be placed in FEMA concentration camps, but will it be enforced by American soldiers?

I may be wrong, and I do think that many U.S. troops would choose to follow orders, but I have heard enough about foreign troops being trained on U.S. soil for the purpose of enforcing Martial Law that I believe it wouldn’t be our own military.

FEMA Camps
Is This Interview With A Real Marine?

...In light of coming MARTIAL LAW, which he admitted WOULD COME DOWN IN AMERICA, I discussed my theory that THE US MILITARY THAT IS BEING HARDENED THROUGH SUCH PRACTICES IN IRAQ TODAY, will be the ones brought home to PERFORM THE SAME TASKS AGAINST THE US CIVILIANS IN THE FUTURE UNDER MARTIAL LAW.

MARINE MENTALITY-FIRING UPON WOMEN AND CHILDREN AT COMMAND-

He did not deny this. And when I mentioned my concern over whether or not they could get our own US troops to fire upon America citizens, even women and children, he explained to me the MARINE MENTALITY.

Quote:

"These Marines have been hardened to KILL UPON COMMAND. They have been taught to NOT QUESTION THE ORDERS OF THEIR SUPERIORS OR COMMANDING OFFICER. THEY WILL KILL WHOEVER AND WHENEVER THEY ARE COMMANDED TO. " He let me know that concepts of MERCY or COMPASSION are diametrically opposed to WAR and military mentality.

He had trained men himself in the Marines, and admitted he was one of those people hardening OTHER Marines to kill without regret or conscience...even under MARTIAL LAW IN AMERICA.

MILITARY STRATEGY UNDER MARTIAL LAW USA-

We then discussed WEAPONS OF WAR. I fully admitted to him my position in the upcoming MARTIAL LAW holocaust. It was SAFE: we were on neutral ground and martial law has not been declared here YET.

I then discussed my honest assessment, however, of Patriot/civilian resistance. Coming from the kind of military background family I do, I had a much more realistic assessment of modern military might versus civilian resistance. I said,

Quote:
"I always give a salvation message at the end of each radio broadcast I give on the subject of MARTIAL LAW SHOWDOWN...I let the Patriot militias out there know that while I admire their intentions as they stand up for freedom and against the NWO, they frankly have no realistic concept of how highly armed and trained and prepared the military forces of the NWO really are...and that a lot of these good folks are going to factually die with what is coming down when they offer resistance... SO I tell them, 'at LEAST ensure yourselves the ULTIMATE VICTORY of knowing you have ETERNAL LIFE thru Jesus Christ in case you die....and many of you WILL END UP IN HELL should they take you out WITHOUT CHRIST...so GET RIGHT WITH GOD NOW."

I have no way of proving or disproving the validity of this website or these quotes.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by apaulo]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It's Oct 2.. still nothing. Still get my coffee every morning, still use my check-card to get gas. I havent seen any troops, soldiers, cops, or anything. Nothing out of the ordinary. I dont expect to to be honest. Am I going to Gander Mountain to buy an AR-15 to help defend my family? F*ck NO! Nothings going to happen. Jesus the worst that can happen is hearing Palin say the word "Maverick," another 300 F'ing times. Cheers.

[edit on 07/23/2007 by drink2forget]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by drink2forget

Hey man.
Back off here.
All Tempe was saying was that something, maybe, possibly could sorta happen- Perhaps

If you came here to judge and mock us, you're in the wrong place.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Not mocking, I just find this thread one of the funniest things i've ever read here. If I ever was planning on mocking someone I wouldn't come to this awesome place.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by drink2forget

Fair enough.
But you know- Sometimes people find it hard to tell whether you're mocking or not because we use text here.
One time someone thought I was mocking them- But they were wrong.

But yeah.

You don't think Tempe was right for posting this, to keep us all alert..?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
No, I think it was a good speculative thread that lead to some good debates/arguements/ect. It's completely unrealistic but a hell of fun read. Sh*t, it made me start to observe my surroundings at home a bit more. Especially since I live a couple miles from an Air National guard base. Yes, there was a C-130 flying over yesterday. But there is Always a C-130 on Wednesday. That is the day they do line checks or operating experience on their pilots. So far, nothing weird.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join