It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October 1. Please Post Here if You See Our Troops in the USA.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Bond AND Rambo on the same thread...?! This could be my lucky day, buah hah hah

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

Angry U.S. mob marching at and against the military. Well sucks for everyone involved but at least it would only happen once. Order restored.

I thought this implied that the militairy would shoot the mob, and set an example.

Did you not mean to say that?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have high respect and salute to all military personell. They have a job to do and put their lives on the line for the rest of us to sit on our duffs and be armchair analyists and nay sayers.

People need to realize that soldiers are human, not programmed robots! If anyone thinks that when a soldier goes into combat and has to kill an enemy and doesnt have that regret or sad feeling of taking another human beings life, even when that human being is an enemy, had better wake up and get their heads out of their arses.

As to riots and chaos when things get worse...the good will step in and do what they have to do to protect those who are not causing riots and chaos. It is their job to do so because they are not only protecting the innocent, but protecting their own and themselves too. When the chaos and riots get too out of hand for local authorities to handle, they must call in help to bring it under control, be it the national guard or a number of enlisted and active service troops.

They are not going to just kill because they are combat soldiers..they are going to do their job and do it well.

They learn something at the begining of their combat training...

.."check your target and your aim".

They become so proficient in that, that they can do this in a fraction of a second.

Thank God for their ability!!!

SALUTES TO ALL WHO SERVE OUR COUNTRY!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I said IF there is going to be an economical collapse, cr*p will hit the fan. Both are very well possible, given the current situation.

Don't get all upset about my observations.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

Was in the military, not anymore. Don't get me wrong no one (except maybe a few on ATS) would want to see this happen, least of all the parties involved. But... if forced the outcome i dont believe would be a huge uprising. It would be more a "forest gump" reaction "stupid is as stupid does"

And remember a huge majority of this country in a situation like this are happy to see the military because it is such a drastic minority who wants anarchy.

Also if i saw someone raise a gun against a U.S. soldier especially on our soil I would not go Rambo more like Pulp Fiction.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

This was a point I was trying to get across earlier. And you managed to say it better than I ever could
Do you have family in the forces, or have you / are you forces yourself? (sorry, i know it's offtopic, my bad!)

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Why would essentials run out, i get the economy is not great and there will be a fall, gradual fall to appropriate levels. And my wife is a soccer mom and i am a rural dad and no i would not take out my neighbor for food. Maybe because where i live people would be helping others not hurting. BTW at that point i would be praying for the military to arrive.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

No, i meant if the mob decided to fight there way through and were the first to fire.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I just saw a MASSIVE 200+ military vehicle caravan- humvees, trrop transporters and large covered rigs heading down I75 in the south Atlanta area. Also several large completely white vehicles that I've never seen before.

Traffic was terrible and these guys just poked along. I've NEVER seen so many troops and military vehicles in one place, any idea what's up?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I saw my town cop hitting radar at 13:00 hours zulu.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
So fourteen pages is a lot to look through, has any one seen any activity? I live in Minot N.D. and we always see a lot however there is a helicopter flying around town the last couple days.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

Well, that still proves my point that escalation in is inevitable in such a situation.

And the fact that a lot of people express their concern for a situation doesn't mean they want it to happen.

And those concerns definately are justified, given all the pieces of info that suggest it.

I know one thing, Martial Law and deployment of American militairy on domestic soil, is a legal option since the Patriot Act, and Bush can do it at will.

That alone is enough reason to worry.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Close this thread. Clearly, nothing is happening, and the posts are getting even more off base.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad

Edit, didn't want to post the comment, but still did by accident.

[edit on 2/10/08 by enigmania]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I'm as hot headed and quick to blow up as anybody, but I would NOT see our soldiers as the enemy and would NOT raise a finger against them unless THEY attack first, which I HIGHLY doubt in ANY situation. Rioting is NOT any kind of solution to REAL problems, and most Americans are not going to turn on each other, if things happen to go worse, we must ALL stick together against the very few who are trying keep us torn apart. We can stop them by NOT giving the bankers access to our money, by NOT using their credit system. We can TRY at least to stop those in the government who work for the bankers, by OVERWHEMINGLY voting those who vote yes on the bailout OUT OF OFFICE! So overwhelmingly that not even Diebold can hide it, if they ignore the will of the people when we use the channels we have, the military is BOUND to remove them from office, which I'm sure they would gladly do. OUR SOLDIERS ARE NOT OUR ENEMIES!!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by emmy

Look people, I'm not saying this will happen, I'm not advocating it, I don't want it to happen, I'm just saying that in certain situations, this stuff can happen.

Please don't shoot the messenger.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I have been watching this thread grow to major proportions over the last few days and I must insert a comment at this time.

There has been an awful lot of conjecture on what would happen and how people will be treated once the troops arrive back home. If you would like to engage in grand conjecture then I would invite you this thread titled [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread396804/pg1] Revolutionary Questions To Think About; there is much there to be considered that not only affects the military but the rule of law and our survival as a nation.

To return this thread to the stated topic, I was at school yesterday, 10/01/08 and ran into a group of young ment that eventually I surmised to be about twenty in number, there were all wearing the same clothing, the same haircut and had a very strong military presence. They addressed me as "Sir" at all times and were very courteous. They even had a pole with a small flag on it like the ones carried by each platoon in Basic training. This was in California, near Los Angeles ... and due to my background and knowledge I was able to deduce that they were indeed ... members of a training class for the United States Army Reserves.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I saw a marine in full dress uniform eating lunch at a coney island with his family. Does that count?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Did he have shiffty eyes, any helicopters? maybe a plain.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Fett Pinkus

reply to post by Fett Pinkus

You must understand that you live in Germany, not the US. US citizens get very sketched out about this kind of thing, and there are legal provisions against it (see Posse Comitatus Act of 1878).

I know it's easy to make fun of people on this site, but if you don't have nothing nice to say, maybe you shouldn't say anything. It's not as though you'll change anyone's mind; if anything you'll only solidify their convictions.

I'm a bit worried about all this myself, not because I think that the troops (three of whom are my friends) would do anything wrong, but because there's a LOT of bad stuff happening in this country (compared to the roaring 90s anyhow) and people are wondering how it will all shake out.

If you think the people on this site are so gullible and stupid, then start your own site/blog about it and leave the paranoid people alone. After all, they're just taking facts (and rumors in some cases) and putting them together to form a worldview that they believe to be correct, much like Rush Limbaugh, Keith Olbermann, Ron Paul, or anyone else with a strong conviction about something (granted all the people I just listed are American, but I'm Italian, so I don't know who Germans popularly support who has a lot of conviction in their country today).

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join