It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October 1. Please Post Here if You See Our Troops in the USA.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grafilthy
Ever heard of the Civil War????

Ever heard of the times changing?

This thread is getting ridiculous. I've never felt so shocked at the amount of bashing against the military, however big or small the comment.

I personally think some people should be ashamed for bashing. I'm going to set the scene now. Imagine the Medics, right (My now ex-trade), out in a warzone. Next thing, your best friend gets hit. You run to help and drag their ass out of there. Next thing you know, you make it back, but attending their funeral.

Do you people really think we join up for the sh**s and giggles? Or do you not think we want to help make a difference, optionally aiming NOT to use bombs, missles, rifles etc...I get the impression some of you think we're vegetables tought to shoot and thats about it!

All I'm asking is that you show a bit of respect and compassion - I bet if you were put in their position you wouldn't last 5 minutes in a warzone.

If you don't mind me asking, maybe we could get back to the topic at hand? I realise I may come across as ranting and raving, but hey. If you dont have anything nice or constructive to say in reply to this message, don't bother, please - as someone mentioned earlier this place is for healthy debate and that's what I'd like to see more of, if it's not too much to ask? Thank you

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This is an odd thread. I think someone here is really really trying to stir something that just won't happen.

The Military/Army/AF etc is made to protect it's people and it's land. That's the US protection...granted the National Guard is the force that defends the country.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

I like you. You're constructive in thought. Yey.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by emmy

I like you. You're constructive in thought. Yey.

I was completely flustered and confused during the part about the forces...the thread twisted my brain in a basket weave.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by emmy

I think no one is bashing the militairy.

But imagine, if the system brakes down, because of economic collapse, or whatever reason, there will be rioting and chaos.

These soldiers will have to uphold order, and that's how it will be presented , and most, if not all will follow orders. They have no choice.

Once that happens, things get ugly, the American people will defend themselves.

In that scenario, it doesn't really matter what ideology you follow and who's side you're on.

People will get violent, and so will soldiers if they feel threatened. See how that can escalate?

I'm not saying soldiers will like it, but I think that if such a scenario occurs, initially most will have no choice.

I mean, I know soldiers don't sign up for killing civillians, woman and children, but still it happened in Iraq.

The soldiers are transferred back from a 30-60 month tour in Iraq, for operations in America.

What happens if situation X occurs and they are faced with an angry mob.

They have their orders, they won't run away. No one is going to suggest to defect to the other side first.

I'm not saying this will happen, but like all Civil Wars, it's people vs people.

It happened before, and circumstance could put you on either side of the conflict.

Once again, I'm not saying this will happen, but do not deny the possibility, things like this happened before in history.

I have a deep respect for all soldiers and all medics, just so you know.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

You just answered your own question.

If you riot and cause hell, then expect to get a response. All this talk about the worst crap happening and that "we need to riot" or "bear arms" etc...geez, are we in the 1800's again? Where's my musket??

It sounds most can't think of a civil way of getting there point across to the feds. All that I see is people wondering about the worst of the worst if the army etc starting marching the streets, yet none of you have given any reason as to why....just reason as to why you'd set yourselves up for it.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

No, I'm just realistic. If there is an economic collapse, wich is imo, imminent, sj*t will hit the fan, there's no denying that.

It just has a big potential for escalation.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

So the best solution is to go primitive and act like animals?

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Don't put words in my mouth. I don't advocate it, I'm just being realistic, like I said.

If disaster strikes, there will be chaos and riots.

For instance, the riots in New Orleans.

Don't play dumb, it's just predictable behaviour.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I thought I'd just reply rather than quote, too long

See, in small doses, what you said is true, and right. Of course there will always be orders, no denying it. However I think someone is s*** stirring and basically making out that the military will be killing/wounding those who don't deserve it...

..and they probably wont! However the enemy also have orders to follow. And if the civillians get shot - dont blame us, we are still trying to protect you. However no one is going to accept blame for their actions.

No worries, I liked your reply, at least it wasn't bitchy (It's easy to tell IMO lol!)

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania

Don't put words in my mouth. I don't advocate it, I'm just being realistic, like I said.

If disaster strikes, there will be chaos and riots.

For instance, the riots in New Orleans.

Don't play dumb, it's just predictable behaviour.

The riots in NO are a completely different from this topic. I didn't see the military anywhere.

If disaster strikes people come together.

Don't put words in your mouth...you don't advocate it yet you say your being realistic about people rioting and causing hell?

edit; And one other thing? Play dumb? I guess I'll be realistic...no riots, no chaos nothing, just everyone worrying, talking about what they would do to the feds, but at the end of the day, they'll all go home and do it all again tomorrow.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Tomis_Nexis]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Angry U.S. mob marching at and against the military. Well sucks for everyone involved but at least it would only happen once. Order restored. Helpful advice, if people come up to you and say "hey heres a gun were going to march on the troops and demand they leave" express your rights and freedom by saying "no thanks sounds like a bad idea".

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by emmy

That's cool, but I feel a liitle bit bad now for painting this horrible picture, I don't want to sound like a fear mongerer, and I'm also not an American, so it's a bit easy for me to say this.

It's just something that worries me.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

It's predictable behavior by certain portions of society. Hate to say it but it's true. Look at the demographics where riots happen in general....

1. Poor or lower income
2. And they are ..........................................

I mean no offense to anyone but the truth is the truth.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'm quickly growing to hate one of the most overused expressions on ATS: "When the *crap* hits the fan." The really amazing part of it, to me, is how frequently the fear mongers are the same ones providing both the crap and the fan and then, seemingly, try their damndest to egg others into joinging them as they throw handfulls of the crap against said fan. Case in point: this thread.

We've got some of our service men & women returning stateside. (I thought this was a good thing) furthermore, we have an economic crisis of epic proportions brewing on our stovetop here at home (this is bad). Unemployment is way up (bad), new jobs aren't being created (also bad), and much of our industry is actually declining, with very few growth industries currently appearing (you guessed it, b.a.d.). So, considering we have troops starting to return home (good) to a nation with virtually no available jobs for those newly unemployed (bad) the government (the only entity which doesn't seem to be pinching pennies right now... and yeah, that was a GROSS understatement) is trying to invent job descriptions and busy work tasks for these returning soldiers to keep from further saturating the unemployment market with new bodies.

This is the fan... Our friendly band of merry fear mongers have found this article and have wheeled the fan up onto the stage, plugged her in, and turned her on. Meanwhile, bucketfulls of crap in the form of fear mongering buzz words like "martial law," "police state," and "domestic millitary action" are being carried to the other end of the stage and setup for easy access.

"Now come one, come all! Test your throwing arms and help us throw these terms against the troops as they return from the battlefields of Iraq. They're bloodthirsty and that thirst was only heightened by the atrocities they committed in the desert in the name of the United States! Watch as they patrol our American streets, using their warfare tactics against Americans! Help us spread the fear by telling all around you whenever you see a serviceman or woman on the street of your town! etc. etc. etc."

PT Barnum ain't got nothing on the fear mongering crowd. The showmanship, the vivid imaginations, even the abillity to deny any and all logic... it's mind boggling at times. Folks, we have enough REAL problems and REAL "doomsday" scenarios to deal with without turning every firecracker on the 4th of July into the gunfire of an approaching army. The bailout being a screw job, I'm with you... the American people being viewed as a bunch of slack jawed rubes by our so-called representatives, I'm right beside you... our millitary being used against us in a planned martial law, you've lost me.

If we do degrade into martial law, it will be an example of self fullfilling prophecy, just like the so-called "peacefull protests" that inevitably turn violent being blamed on the police. If these protests remained peacefull, then the police would remain peacefull... but throw rocks at them, spit on them, destroy property, BREAK THE LAW, and you, yourself have just forced action by the police. You are to blame, you are the catalyst. The same hold true here. Let's say people start rioting in the streets, of course the millitary would be used. No rioting = no reason for martial law.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

Jeah, but that "order" will represent Bush and NWO, in the eyes of the people.

Angry U.S. mob marching at and against the military. Well sucks for everyone involved but at least it would only happen once. Order restored.

Are you in the militairy? Because comments like that nicely illustrates the point I'm trying to make.

You would have no problem with taking these people out. To set an example!?

People have guns too you know. If you do that, that's when it all escalates.

Thanks for proving my point Rambo.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'm not sure, man. I'm not saying the military will just blindly and suddenly act against citizens... but given a few months of civil unrest, and given enough time for society to break into factions, and given that some factions will probably be used as a scapegoat much like Arabs/Muslims...

I could see ANY person military or not targeting their fellow citizens, and it just so happens that the military is highly trained in warfare and has all the weapons and intel... so I dunno, it's just possible that troops on American soil will, given the right conditions, eventually be eating their own words without even realizing it.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

similar environment over here in places. Although I've never seen posh ghetto boys attempt a drive by shooting.... ah, words paint pictures huh?!

Although anything can happen, I guess, so I wouldn't say it were to be predictable for lower class people to be more, full on, as it were...

Although if chaos did break out - I think there's be a lot of cases being "Looking Out for Number One!" hm, makes me wonder...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania

You would have no problem with taking these people out. To set an example!?

People have guns too you know. If you do that, that's when it all escalates.

Thanks for proving my point Rambo.

Considering the Military has done absooolutely nothing to the citizen's, why would they attack the troops?

People do have guns yes, the key is being smart with them.

Later Bond.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I can't believe you would come up with that, although it was expected.

Do you think that the average suburbian soccermom and dad will take it easy when living essentials run out.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join