It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October 1. Please Post Here if You See Our Troops in the USA.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Today is the day when the troops will be making the rounds at home in the USA.
Please post here any sightings, if you would. I dont plan to go out today

but would appreciate you doing so if you see anything strange!

Thank you!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I I guess its not enough to have police in riot gear.

I think something is about to happen BIG TIME and its known which is why they will be here.

Please contribute to this and do not let something important die. I realize its early, very early, but i have a very bad feeling about this one.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I think it is a bit early. I also think that when whatever is going to happen, happens... we will all know.

I don't expect anyone will see troops patrolling the streets before they are needed. It very well could hinge on this bailout bill passing or failing this week.

If it fails, the timing will be like a perfect storm. The short sale ban will have expired and people will short the hell out of the market. It could very well be a major meltdown.

OR Bush just passes it anyways despite the majority of people opposing it and this could cause some major civil unrest.

Either way, the outcome of this bill just might be the catalyst.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Yes, Karl, i'm reading on another website that they will try to force it through today.

I suppose that is when we will see some action unless they get out there ahead of the situation for intimidation purposes.

Here is the story:www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-10-2008 by dgtempe]

+39 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I just ask that before anyone says anything off hand or otherwise degrading. We are sworn to uphold the constitution. Even if you disagree and you're pissed off at us military folk, just remind us of that sacred document that founded our great nation [not the politics, but the people]. I am still quite baffled as to why so many think we are going to assault everyone without any reason or regard. Just because Pvt Johnny might seem like a monster in Iraf, things are different stateside. I guess I'm just tired of all the military bashing. We're people of the same country, with families and friends from many walks of life too.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I will be out of the safety of my home in the swamp around 9 this morning. Going to get my flu shot.

Will let you know what I see. I do hope it's business as usual.

Then this afternoon I will be taking my dogs to the groomer to get their nails clipped.

Have plans to go beach walking tonight. So if anything is amiss I'll see it with my nosey self.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by joe_dirt976

Oh i agree. So the purpose of this thread is to see if there really are troops patroling as reports have said the past two weeks. They are due here today, and they are under orders. I do not blame the troops themselves, i just dont know what this government is up to since this is 'A FIRST'- SEE?

This is not a call to bash our troops- now that you mentioned it.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I will be out and about today, and walking/riding my bike close to home, as I have no valid license for a few months. I will certainly let you all know if I say anything.

But, just to clarify... isn't only one brigade supposed to be patrolling? How many people are in a brigade? Certainly not enough to patrol every state?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I cant say that i know the exact number.

Thank you for keeping an eye out- i have a feeling there will be enough of them to be obvious.

I think it has to do with this bailout bill passing tonight!

[edit on 1-10-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
That’s why they make google…

Brigade
The typical NATO standard brigade consists of approximately 4,000 to 5,000 troops. However, in Switzerland and Austria, the numbers could go as high as 11,000 troops.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Wait, with what passing? The bailout bill didn't pass yet. Did it?!?!

Here is a link to the article in The Army Times. It does not seem to say how many troops are involved, unless I missed it. Nice correction at the very bottom, though. www.armytimes.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Ah, the Google... OK so let's say it is 5000 troops, and we count only the mainland 48 states. That's about 104 troops per state.

I would think that they will be practicing in specific cities and areas in mass, not spread out, no?

In other words, I don't think most of us will see them out and about until they are either training in our areas as part of a pre-planned group exercise, or (God forbid) there is an actual emergency somewhere.

In which case, they better give us a head's up of when they will be training in our areas. I don't want to be walking over to Starbucks and have a tank roll by me unexpectedly. Not cool!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole
I don't want to be walking over to Starbucks and have a tank roll by me unexpectedly. Not cool!

iTS headed this way. tanks in the streets will be the norm. OMG! this is just too much too soon! I knew about it but hoped it was just my imagination running wild. It is here now.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I think we have a ways to go before that starts. Because it's still business as usual for most people. Like me, who is walking to Strabucks for a 4 buck Cafe Mocha while our economy is on the brink of possible collapse.

And don't forget, NORTHCOM did some training exercises last October, and nothing came of them, as far as I know. My Mom lives out by Luke and didn't notice anything, and I live pretty close to the National Guard Training base and didn't notice anything, either.

But I have another question perhaps someone on here can answer. You know those emergency air sirens? Are those in every city? The only reason I ask is because I have only heard them once- in Ohio, as a tornado warning.

But I have never heard them in Jersey where I grew up or the Phoenix area where I live now. We don't get too many weather emergencies in either place. But that got me to thinking- if we were under attack, would sirens go off in the city? Do all cities have them? What about suburbs?

Oh, and DG, please try not to worry too much! You must be doing wonders to your blood pressure.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole

But I have another question perhaps someone on here can answer. You know those emergency air sirens? Are those in every city?

I have wondered the same thing. I tell you what, that would give the people a serious butt pucker if they started going off and they had never heard them before.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I always assumed each town had those sirens. Every Monday morning ours go off as they are used to alert for tornados and stuff.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Call me paranoid or call me patriotic, but reporting troop movements here or anywhere in the world gives strategic information to people who may not like the troops too much ie. Terrorists, foriegn or domestic. Putting our troops in harms way by telling people their locations is not a good idea.

Just my .02 cents...............

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Sometimes when I find myself thinking this stuff is really possible I leave ATS for awhile. When I come back its easier to be entertained rather than caught up.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Who are these domestic terrorists that we have dispatched a batalion of soldiers to fight? For me, that is the big question.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Putting our troops in harms way by telling people their locations is not a good idea.

So instead you'd rather we were in harms way? If we were talking about troops in or around a war zone, I could see it, and would agree. But this is homeland USA, and we have reasonable cause to be vigilant, which is all dg is asking for.

dg, you go girl, as usual

[edit on 1-10-2008 by TrueAmerican]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join