It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Info on Ancient Astronauts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Hey guys.

I'm trying to get information on Ancient Astronauts and am having trouble -wikipedia was quite skimp.

What resources can you guys graciously share with me?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

Have you heard of Erich von Däniken?

Here some links to start you off

Erich von Däniken
Ancient astronaut theories

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Hmm. Yes I've seen him in some documentaries on aliens.

Have you seen any of the 'Is It Real' documentary series? I've believed ETs have visited earth in ancient times since I was little, mainly due to cave paintings. One of the skeptics said that the depictions in the paintings were just Gods, and I'm thinking Yes, that's exactly what ET's are going to be worshipped as! That's likely how worshipped figures came to have a hominid representation in the first place.

I have a book on Ancient Egypt and ETs round here somewhere.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   

I have not seen any of "Is It Real" documentary series.
I have read all books by Daniken and Sitchin. I do believe Daniken. However I am not so sure about Sitchin.
I KNOW (well my opinion
) that the ETs have visited earth. I came about this belief, get this, by reading the bible! I was a christian for many years. Then I read Daniken books and it cemented my belief.
I agree with you about skeptics.

Take a look at these pictures:

Just Gods? Yeah indeed, they worshipped what they saw!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
Just Gods? Yeah indeed, they worshipped what they saw!

I know, right! These aren't imaginary spirits! The Bagdad battery and the lamp that is supposed to have gone with it are more intriguing evidence.

Anyway, you said you gained this belief as a Christian. Me too. I was the only person in church who believed in aliens. I justified it by saying why would God just make us and then make the vastly gargantuan universe devoid of life.

Then at a christian event, I saw a book on aliens in Egyptology in the christian book store. This was the book I mentioned.

My mind has been pretty much made up on the subject since I was 8!

[edit on 10/1/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   

The criticism section on Däniken's wikipedia page is quite harsh.

[edit on 10/1/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf

The criticism section on Däniken's wikipedia page is quite harsh.

Yeah I know. That is to be expected. Everyone makes mistakes. I still support him.
He made a strong case in my opinion. He has done extensive research and have visited many places.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Check out the Stargates are real thread here, very interesting and tons of references to possible ancient astronauts.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Check out my thread-list and my ancient astronauts debate in the ATS Debate Forum.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Try the book of Ezekiel in the old testament/Torah. For someone who was much more primitive than we are, he gives a fair description of Elohim(ancient hebrew plural term meaning those whom come from the sky, mistranslated as god[singular:eloha])flying around on lems craft, circling 'The Glory of God'(name given by ancient Israelites to the Elohim's giant Mother-ship). The early bible is full of our references to our creators. Genesis, Noah's ark(spacecraft containing dna samples. It even states that the ark was lifted ABOVE the water in the bible, Jacobs ladder, Lucifer explaining to early humans that Elohim were not gods but men and women not to disimilar to themselves(adam & eve and the 'apple'). That really pissed-off Yahweh, Lucifer was exiled to Earth for a time for that infraction(I see a link with Prometheus and his civilising men with the gift of fire). Read authors Von Danniken & Rael.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Yea, I've read a few things in the bible that struck me as somewhat less magical than they are written to be.

One thing that I recalled was very UFO-ic was the pillar of fire/smoke that protected and fed Moses' people in the desert. The fire seems to parallel the lights we commonly see in the black triangles to day and pillar of smoke has a striking similarity to the cigar shape UFOs we hear a lot about.

Then there is the mana.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Books by Colin Wilson and Graham Hancock are about older civilizations, although they do mention a little bit about ancient astronauts. They tend to theorize we did everything, but lost the knowledge.
Von Daniken's older books are suspect, I have not seen any of his newer books in English. (I have been told he learned from his past errors)
Sitchin is a fun read, but it is ultimately his take on what the tablets mean.

Try to get your library to order some of those books. The authors also have other authors of similar themed books.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Hey there 'Sky' you beat me to it, I was just about to suggest the OP took a look at your old thread. I seem to remember it was packed with info.

Woody

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Hey there 'Sky' you beat me to it, I was just about to suggest the OP took a look at your old thread. I seem to remember it was packed with info.

Woody

"Packed with disinfo" is more like it.

Sky's "debate" is filled with bull - from ancient Egyptian helicopters to using the "Vymaanika Shaastra as translated by G.S. Goyser" - a "channelled" text from the Twentieth century - as if it were an ancient Vedic reference.

The whole AA idea rests on fictional acnecdotes. Sky, in the debate thread, even goes as far as to state that Michael Cremo's Hindu Ceationist book - "Forbidden Archaeology," "...contains tons of evidence proving beyond a shadow of a doubt: Ancient History was different than we were taught at school."
What a load of bunk. There is nothing in Cremo's book that indicates any such thing. In fact, very few of the thousand or so anecdotes related in that book are even fact-based, much less true.

Harte

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I'd check out stuff on cargo cults, and the cult of John Frum on wikipedia. It's shocking how easily man will worship that which he does not understand.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by woodwytch

Woody

"Packed with disinfo" is more like it.

Sky's "debate" is filled with bull - from ancient Egyptian helicopters to using the "Vymaanika Shaastra as translated by G.S. Goyser" - a "channelled" text from the Twentieth century - as if it were an ancient Vedic reference.

The whole AA idea rests on fictional acnecdotes. Sky, in the debate thread, even goes as far as to state that Michael Cremo's Hindu Ceationist book - "Forbidden Archaeology," "...contains tons of evidence proving beyond a shadow of a doubt: Ancient History was different than we were taught at school."
What a load of bunk. There is nothing in Cremo's book that indicates any such thing. In fact, very few of the thousand or so anecdotes related in that book are even fact-based, much less true.

Harte

Bad day at work? Relax and take a deep breathe.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Not really.

I just can't stand Cremo.

His book is a pack of lies generated to further his Hindu Creationist agenda.

I hate these people that are con-artists disguised as "researchers."

It's a VonDaniken thing. That dude fooled me once - never again.

Harte

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Its been known that pseudoskeptics focus on character assasination of Michael Cremo, Daniken, Hancock etc. rather than the issues brought up.

Ever since your type (pseudoskeptics) have called me a religious creationist, a racist and a con-man only for being curious and asking questions (I am neither religious nor do I believe in the inferiority of any race) Ive lost all trust in their "rational judgement".

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
In the words of Carcenomy:

"Topics. They're for staying on."

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Ancient Astronauts Debate (Summary of pro-AAT points)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join