It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What my father told me back in February...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I want to share with everyone what he had to say, at the time I didn't even give it any thought. But after reading the What will the US look like in 4 years? thread, I remebered what he had told me, and I'm starting to see what he meant. Here's an edited [for grammar] version of what he told me...[and if anyone want's to see what he originally wrote, please, don't hesitate to send me a U2U.]

---I am not claiming this to be a prediction, so don't read it as one. It is a dream. Wether you decide it is or not is up to you.---

So the dream I had was interesting, I had it back in november. It was telling me that things would be hard in the next year
Not for me, but everybody. Prices would go up, on everything. People would be getting upset about everything. And what this dream basically said, was that it was it is starting. Whatever that means to you, I dont know. That was just how it put it, that it was starting. But as prophetic as it may seem it is not going happen as once thought, what it said there is nothing to stop it, and that wars and just things in general would be worse. But different as we have become accustomed. It said that it would be a gradual thing, and that noone would actually see it coming. In such a way that we dont fight it.
What the dream said was, you have to keep your faith, NO matter how hard it may seem, you have to be strong. Temptations will be easy and in your face to take an easy way out of a problem.
But you have to take the hard way out, and believe in God.
What happens when you take the easy way out is that you will start to do it each time, become accustomed to it, and eventually depend on it. So your faith will easily be swayed as your beliefs are broken down. It is a process.
That is just what the dream said, I really dont believe it. But what I’m seeing is what it did say. People are taking the easy way out and from what I can see, it is like they have given up on trying because they believe there is an easy solution. Rather that prepare for a hard time people are assuming that they have that money in the bank so to speak. I am not talking about you. But they are exhuasting their resources and soon there will be nothing in the bank. So after that is gone people will be desperate to survive and they will take advantage of you and you in turn will follow suit.
It is a process. What the dream said was that it is a war, but not like you were taught in the sense of good versus evil, it would be a war in the sense that it is like an individual attack on one’s soul. And when all is said and done, what you will have after it happened, is people selling their souls to survive.
That is how it happened in the dream.
It said it would start in the beginning of february and just progress from there. But you have to believe in God and your faith. You have to be strong no matter how hard things get. You must not give up on anything… your job, your family, or yourself. You just can’t be weak. Your job may become a challenge and you will give up on trying, that is part of it too.
Well that was the dream, you have take it for what it is worth and use what you can. But I am seeing some of what it said. So just be strong Joe.

I am starting to see alot of what he said, take place in the here and now.
-_-_-I will post these thoughts in a second post as it takes up more space than I am allowed.-_-_-

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
okay and here's the rest.

It said it would start in the beginning of February...

Alot of what set things in motion happened in Feb. this was when oil started to climb to record highs. Source-Gasbuddy
A surge in home foreclosures..
www.foreclosurelistings.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
Source
Increasing bankruptcies
=http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/05/business/05bankruptcy.html]Source-NYTimes

...Prices would go up, on everything. People would be getting upset about everything...

Wall St. Gas Prices, Commodity prices, Bailout, Gas Shortages
No source needed if you work/ go outside of your house

...and that wars and just things in general would be worse...

Russia's latest aggresive behavior, Pakistan, Iran

Your job may become a challenge and you will give up on trying, that is part of it too.

This struck me good. At the time he told me this I was enjoying my job in the military. But over the coure of the year I started to become apathetic towards my duties. Although as of late I have found that passion again and am proud to serve the Constitution of the US and it’s citizens. [I love my country, not it’s politics, so lets stay off of that] In essence he “predicted” that dead on I guess.

…what it said there is nothing to stop it…

To me this makes sense when compared to the $700 bajillion bailout. We’re damned if we do and we’re damned if we don’t. I can’t see anything that would improve from either outcome of this

…But as prophetic as it may seem it is not going happen as once thought, what it said there is nothing to stop it, and that wars and just things in general would be worse. But different as we have become accustomed. It said that it would be a gradual thing, and that noone would actually see it coming…

If someone would have told me about how bad things we’re going to get, I would not have belived it. And there are a lot of things going on in the background that I have to actually look for in order to find out. To me this means as a general populace, we are getting so overwhelmed with troubles, that we can’t keep up on everything. This spells trouble for everyone.
Despite the fact that we had succeeded in stopping the initial vote on the bailout bill, the treasury crapped several hundred billion dollars out it’s butt a few hours later. But for some reason, I did not see it on any headlines.

Well that was the dream you have take it for what it is worth and use what you can. But I am seeing some of what it said.

And I’m seeing it too.

Well, this is my first serious thread. Please share your thoughts.

[edit on 2008/10/1 by joe_dirt976]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
seriously? no replies? I wouldn't bump this if I didn't find it relevant. Can someone at least tell me why they find it to be unimportant?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by joe_dirt976

Russia's latest aggresive behavior

Russia aggression??

what are u talking about ....

it was US backed georgian genocide in South Ossetia , that led to russian response , its naked US provocation

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
USa will be hit hard no doubt and become a third world banana republic like Russia was in 1992,to save itself it will have to return to agriculture , particularly biofuels to stave off collapse and may become a big biofuel exporter exporting biofuel to african third world nations and maybe China too......

if USA continues with the useless military buildup , its doomed to collapse

[edit on 26-10-2008 by sadchild01]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   

It is a process. What the dream said was that it is a war, but not like you were taught in the sense of good versus evil, it would be a war in the sense that it is like an individual attack on one’s soul. And when all is said and done, what you will have after it happened, is people selling their souls to survive.

to me, this seems to be talking about slavery.....not just having to work at a job so you can pay your bills....but rather, being forced into doing a job, not necessisarily of your chosing, with the authority that you are giving to the boss extending far beyond what is granted to a boss now....
you no longer have any hope of hearing your spirit's desires, or acting according to what your spirit is leading you to do...

dependancy=servitude..
and well, I fear that far more people in this country is dependant on the government, or credit for their basic necessities more than we can imagine....

it was far too much easier to grab the credit card, or seek the government aide than it was to actuallly earn the money that was needed to obtain the necessities, and so that is what people did. and the more people did that, the more the cost of living was inflated, the more the wages were stiffled, and thus, the harder it was to obtain those necessities on your own, and so, more people found it difficult, and went to the credit and the government for help, which increased the cost of living more, a nice cycle, leading us into servitude....
all that is needed now is for them to tighten the leashes....and we will be slaves....

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Okay, with the russian aggreession thing, i'm not all up to speed but the jist of it showed that we [the US] are in essence too tied up to do anything. I've been to focused on the markets to pay attention to it. But thanks for pointing that out, I 'will look into that.

military buildup, at this point to keep afloat, will have to pull out of these wars that in the long run will cost us more in many more aspects than just money/costs.

as for slavery, thats an interesting interpretation, I took it as just doing what I know is right and in good judgement. This could apply to everyone in the sense of easy credit as you said, that once you've lost your ability to live without debt you essentially become their slave. I doubt they would enslave the people or the government be overthrown to be run by a corporation, for one being in the military, we have sworn to defend the constitution. And while this current admin did a good job at violating it, they did so as to leave it in a gray area. But if they were going to attempt to enslave anyone in the old fashioned sense, it ain't happenin'. Take my word on that.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by joe_dirt976

VERY SOBERING.

Rings true, to me.

I don't know about timing. Haven't seen any of us get timing very right.

But the outline is true, to me.

And particularly pregnant--the easy way out tendencies . . .

we MUST hold tight to our belief in God etc.

AND AVOID selling souls . . . our lives, our eternal lives down the river.

God have mercy on us all.

top topics

join