It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dennis Kucinich On Madow Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I'm watching late at night and see Dennis. He voted no against the Bail out and explains why.

His idea is instead of giving Billions to Billionaires like Bush and McCain wants, he wants to give it to the American people to pay off their homes. His plan is to go through and instead of giving the money directly to banks, give the money to the people to go to the banks. So the Banks still get the money just now the people will have their homes.

Of course the republicans are against this. How dare we give money to American citizens when their Billionaire friends need it.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
you fail on logic. democrats are the majority. they passed the bill. republicans were highly against it so your argument that it is the republicans fault is false. who the hell are you, barney frank? get out of here with your lies and deceit

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I'm an independent who supports Kucinich, that idea had the attention of the two or three people who can see our way out of this, of course he's always out there twisting in the wind alone ,virtually ,as far as the Dems thing goes that's true they are the ones who did this for the most part because the Democrats and the Republicans are two sides of the same coin ,good cop, bad cop. We need a new paradigm and less partisan politics ,maybe something like if you are running for office you're running as yourself no party affiliations allowed . I don't know that just popped into my head as I was writing

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GordonJQ
I'm watching late at night and see Dennis. He voted no against the Bail out and explains why.

His idea is instead of giving Billions to Billionaires like Bush and McCain wants, he wants to give it to the American people to pay off their homes. His plan is to go through and instead of giving the money directly to banks, give the money to the people to go to the banks. So the Banks still get the money just now the people will have their homes.

Giving money to the people to pay off their homes encourages individuals to take mortgages that they can't afford, exacerbating the problem. Giving money to the banks fixes the problem.

You might ask why it doesn't encourage banks to give out mortgages their costumers can't pay, but that answer is readily apparent. There's only a handful of people in charge of a handful of banks, and they can clearly see, just as we can, that those bills barely passed and with much public outcry- lightning won't strike twice for them. But homeowners? If even 75% of them understand how close they were to not being bailed out, that's hundreds of thousands of people that will continue to make poor decisions.

Give the money back to the people that made poor choices? Fine, if they don't make any more poor choices, and fine if it didn't encourage people to default on their mortgage (neither of which would happen). Give money back to the banks that made poor choices? Fine, considering they're much more financially savvy than homeowners on average, and considering it doesn't encourage insolubility because that would be mean corporate takeover.

I know it sounds good to say "Give the money to the people!" but use your head.

top topics

join