It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What caused the stock market to kind of fail in the way it did?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I don't think any of us saw this coming. A lot of us knew they were going to try to intentionally engineer an economic collapse in this year but I don't believe anyone would have thought it would have resulted in the loss of several companies.

Who is behind this? Are the corporations really evil and they need to be reformed? Should we be sympathetic to them? What should we do?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
It failed because it was expecting the government to bail out all the big firms and when it surprisingly got defeated it had an equivalent reaction to you finding another guy f***ing your wife. It came back with a good day today gaining back over half of what it lost. Now how much of that is them betting on a bailout plan that will be passed, I'm not sure. A very positive sign was that the international markets didn't tank when they opened after ours did. Had that happened then I would be saying be ready to wait in the bread and soup lines.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
The economy is being eaten by the interest monster. As all our money is "loaned" to us at interest, the interest payments themselves keep getting bigger and bigger. But the interest money is never created itself, it has to come from the original loan. So, if they loan out $1000, you are expected to pay back the $1000 + the interest. But they never created the interest money, so is it possible to actually pay it back?

You can't. It's impossible. The only way you can take care of your own personal loans/interest is to take away money from another person. So that you can pay back the loan, plus the interest. Which is just passing the buck, and eventually someone, somewhere is going to come up short. And when that starts happening, then things start falling down.

In the past, they have been able to create more money all the time, and then that new money is used to pay the existing interest(which also comes at interest). So it was allowed to happen for awhile. But today we are now to the point where the amount of money needed to be created is HUGE just to keep it going(thus those big numbers they keep putting out). But as that money also comes at interest, all they really are doing is delaying the inevitable.

But the number they give isn't even the true number. I've seen people ask - why are they giving the money to the banks? Because the banks are then allowed to turn that money into 9 times the amount due to fractional banking laws. You give them 1 trillion dollars, and they will be able to legally turn it into 9 trillion dollars. The people aren't allowed to do this, we would go to jail for counterfeiting.

So basically, we are borrowing money to pay existing debts. There is a scam that is now illegal that use to be done with people using checks. You write a bad check 1 day for $20. You use the $20 to live on. The next day, you cash another bad check for $40. You then use $20 of that money to pay the previous check, and then $20 to live on. And then the next day you need to write a check for $60, and then on and on. Eventually you get to the point where they are like - yeah right, don't think so because you are trying to cash huge checks. And you are screwed and your entire financial situation comes crashing down. Now imagine if you could do that, and then at the end of it, the government just came in and took care of those debts for you. That is the bailout.

It's economic slavery. The noose has been around our neck for many years. It's just starting to tighten up now.

join