It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow Falls On Mars!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Snow Falls On Mars!

afp.google.com

WASHINGTON (AFP) — In an unprecedented discovery, NASA's Phoenix Mars Lander has found snow falling from clouds on Mars, scientists said Tuesday.

A laser instrument collecting data on how the atmosphere and surface interact on Mars detected snow from clouds about four kilometers (2.5 miles) above the spacecraft's landing site. The date found the snow vaporized before reaching the ground.

"Nothing like this view has ever been seen on Mars," said Jim Whiteway, of York University, Toronto, lead scientist for the Canadian-supplied Meteorological Station on Phoenix. "We'll be looking for signs that the snow may even reach the ground."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Scientific Evidence Of Life On Mars!! Why is NASA Obfuscating The Truth?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Vindicated! Well, that's what we've been saying all along, There's snow, water, moisture on Mars and these are vital ingredients for life! Primitive or advanced, the discovery of life is the next logical step making it the biggest discovery in the history of mankind.

I had given pointers to the evidence of life on Mars in my thread Scientific Evidence Of Life On Mars!! Why is NASA Obfuscating The Truth?

Cheers!

afp.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Is it carbon dioxide that falls on Mars as snow? Not actually water?

Please dan't ask me if that is possible or how...

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Hardly. They found the snow high up in the atmosphere. And life, at least as we know it, needs liquid water to exist. On the martian surface, the water is either ice, or vapour - it sublimates.

So no, it's not vindication. It's something that scientists have thought possible for a long time, and have not held back talking about. I don't know why you're getting so worked up about this!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
So no, it's not vindication. It's something that scientists have thought possible for a long time, and have not held back talking about. I don't know why you're getting so worked up about this!

Well falling snow is discovered for the first time on a different planet then our own. The whole scientific community is thrilled by this discovery but you think it's no big deal.

Great thread Mike. It looks like more and more conditions for life are being discovered on Mars.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Ya I love the Trickle feeding of info from Nasa. It seems that way to me. Not saying the new about this but just in general througout there history.
They are a very seedy and shady outfit.

I strongly believe they will find fossil evidence and even perhaps life
conditioned to live on mars in its current state.

But other than that we need to revamp our planet here and fix our social structure so we can actually live at peace and dedicate all our efforts into Human space exploration. And I mean all.

Everything derived from achieveing a goal of securing our race in this cosmos will bring us to a higherlevel and more harmonous way of living.

Instead we think short sighted and not much further beyond our individual life span. Instead we are compacted and crowding a dwindling planetary ecosystem here on earth. poopers.

Besides my buddy in the Secret Space Corps Told me mars has the best skiing in the solar system.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by GodshipForAll]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

I feel sad for you and indeed anyone else who does not feel amazement and wonder at the prospect of snowfall on another planet.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
This is indeed very amazing ! Now I have at least one reason to wanna go there. I am already packing my bags and snowboard for a fun holiday. Anybody wanna join ?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Wow...that would be one heck of a ski/sleigh ride down the side of Olympus Mons.

Next there will surf through the canyons there.

Great find Mike..

The only person on the planet to discover things faster than NASA

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
S&F
Great news

If there is snow on Mars then there is hope for us that there will be life on Mars and that we will find it.

This also helps in our Mars manned mission because then the snow on Mars can be used for water and other purposes when they land on Mars.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
It seems to me that life most definately existed on Mars at some point and possibly still does.... The Truth will reveal itself!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Hi Mike good to see you back.

I made a small video for you tube to show everyone on the findings that NASA has found in regard to water on mars it is my first try hope it helps though.

thanks

ocker

new topics

top topics

join