page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
read these 2 links to see how interesting this is:

www.mit-kmi.com...

news.scotsman.com...

"Brain Fingerprinting" Could Read Terrorists' Minds

"A thought probe that can spot guilty secrets with 100% accuracy could be used to identify terrorists before they strike, it was claimed today."

"The system’s inventor, Laurence Farwell of Brain Fingerprinting Laboratories in Fairfield, Iowa, USA, said: “We cannot download the contents of the brain. But what we can do is determine whether the suspect recognises details significant in the context of a crime."

if these new inventions can save lives than i am all for it...

the only bad thing i think is that this is a precursor of people being able to control the entire world through brain-wave and etc...

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
any1 have any ideas on this subject and how it will affect ALL of our lives soon???

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
And as with a normal polygraph test, the problem will be "false positive" results.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
That's all well and good if everyone has the exact same concept of morality. If everyone were universally homogenous in their ability to distinguish right from wrong. This machine is very Emersoniam, but does not account for cross-cultural differences.

Besides, how would you go about looking for an "ah-ha" effect using a scene of a crime as a trigger when the crime has not yet taken place?

I think Guantanamo is going to get a lot more crowded.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
we've been going electronic for a few decades now but i've never heard of a brain fingerprinter. i'd love to get my hands on those.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
silQ- lol but this could be a precursor of sum mad man trying to take ova da world and making EVERYONE slaves...

scary sh*t man...

top topics

join