It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dibrom, what do you think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Ok so Houston has a problem with mosquitos, and thanks to Hurricane Ike it has gotten bigger. I was in my porch this evening and there was a mosquito spraying truck spraying insecticide, it was a Harris County public health and environmental services truck. I went onto their website and looked up their PDF for the spraying. It states that they are using Dibrom to kill mosquitos, now I've been researching this stuff and am going to provide links but to sum it up its just bad, its toxic to the nervous system, reduces brain size, in lab tests caused Leukemia, and pancreatic cancer, increased aggresiveness, deteriaration of memory and learning. Dibrom, or Naled as it is also known, is most toxic when exposed through the air than any other kind of exposure. To top it off it does no significant damage to the mosquito population and actually studies showed that the population actually increased. Dibrom is the only mosquito adulticide in class 1, highest toxicity, is the only one that states in its label: inhaling can be FATAL. HCPHES states the last night for sprayings was yesterday, yet the trucks are around my area spraying as we speak, havent heard the planes yet, maybe they already sprayed us. Im staying inside during these sprayings but the damn pesticide will persist in the air for up to three days afterward. Am I just being paranoid? Should I just disregard it as nothing, Im not saying oh its a huge conspiracy to kill us all or dumb us down, maybe Harris county didnt do their homework, or maybe it is something sinister? Please would really appreciate feedback, thanks!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Here are some links I found:

The Harris county public health and environmental services PDF on the sprayings: www.hcphes.org...

Informed Choices website: www.wtv-zone.com...

No spray: www.nospray.org...

Brevard Research: www.chem-tox.com...

Journal of Pesticide Reform: www.pesticide.org...

AMVAC Chemical Corporation: www.american-vanguard.com...

Virginia Department of Health, says its not bad?: Ok Link wont work so just google dibrom and look up Khizar Wasti Ph.D.

[edit on 9/30/2008 by SHADO13]

new topics

join