It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the ascension limits the possibilities...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
here is my THEORY on the ascension of Christ...

Christ ascended into "heaven" right???

that means heaven is "up"

heaven is NOT a "spiritual dimension" or anything because Christ went "up" to some place...

He did NOT go into another "spiritual dimension" ("heaven") because i am 100% positive that even God cannot open dimensions...

so where did He go???

He went "up" to some place

i think that he went to a ship (aliens if YOU will)...

i think this because he went "up"

heaven is "up" and is in our (humans) reach while we are LIVING!!!

if heaven is a place ONLY for souls (spirits) why would we have to go up??? wouldnt our souls go to "heaven" some other way that i can never explain because i am living now??? why would souls be limited to "up"???

if our souls were made by the ALL powerfull God why would they be limited to "up"???

so religion and people and movies that say heaven is "up" are wrong in my view...

MAYBEE heaven is a planet(s)...

i thought about this while i was praying last night so bear wit' me on this 1...

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
My thoughts are similar as to the possibility the our creator is a physical being that is one with his own spirit. I've often wondered about the ascension of Christ as well as Moses and Elijah. Their physical body can't reside in a spiritual place. I think we will get a new body and the water of life is really a drink.

However, we just need to know he is there. Understanding it all will come when we get there.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

i think that he went to a ship (aliens if YOU will)...

It is possible that "up" is referring to some kind of space phenomena, as I get the idea of the God coming from above us in the sky.

Then, there is below, what we refer to as hell, where the demons go. So, below us, underground, reside demon like beings that we are unaware of, those we consider the evil aliens.

[Edited on 23-3-2004 by IMMORTAL]

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
i thought he became santa clause

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
i thought u couldn't have animated avatars

yes heaven is a physical place like new jerusalem at the end of revelations

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Jesus's assension was just symbolic that is all. God is omnipotent you are still stuck into a physical scientific state of mind. If God is omnipotent (which he is if you are talking the God of the bible) then he can do what he likes with dementions.

ET3

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Keep thinking, the answers are there in the bible, just read it and not religion�s many publications that will only confuse the issue. At least you are thinking.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
my personal beleif is that while there is some truth to the bible, a good majority of the bible is based on human interpretation of the paranormal and alot of thier primative theological biases where incorperated into the bible including the idea that the earth was flat, was at the center of the universe, and that heaven is up in the sky and hell is underground. hence the belief that jesus had to ascend into heaven.

although i have my own personal theory that jesus could have been an alien hybrid sent to earth by a race of aliens trying to help out the human race and the assention could have been jesus returning to his ship as they see all allready mentioned. its just a theory though, i could be wrong.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
i thought he became santa clause

I got points taken for this response being too short. Seriously though Ive read Revelation before and it makes a referece to Santa Clause. Read it for yourself because Im not going to post the verses.

You think it is a coincidence that Santa Clause visits durring Christmas?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
jrod- ive read revelations and how does it make a referance to santa clause???

ALSO- i personaly think that sum of da boble was written as an egsageration (sry for spelling) and ect.

makes you think...

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   

here is my THEORY on the ascension of Christ...

Christ ascended into "heaven" right???

that means heaven is "up"

Or it means he went to a higher place spiritually. It doesn't need to be a physical "up"

1 a : to move upward b : to slope upward
2 a : to rise from a lower level or degree b : to go back in time or in order of genealogical succession
transitive senses
1 : to go or move up
2 : to succeed to : OCCUPY

heaven is NOT a "spiritual dimension" or anything because Christ went "up" to some place...

He did NOT go into another "spiritual dimension" ("heaven") because i am 100% positive that even God cannot open dimensions...

Why would you think the creater of dimensions would set it up so He Himself couldn't open a doorway into them?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
im pretty shure there is only ONE dimension which is ours...

so IF there is ONLY one dimension then when he went "up" he went to a PHYSICAL place because in this dimention there is ONLY physical beings...

just my THEORY...

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that Heaven can truely be a " Physical ". Makes a good bed time story, no ?

Deep

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
the ENTIRE christian religion or any other religion makes a good bed time story.

religions were created to give men a purpose of living and answers and etc.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   

so IF there is ONLY one dimension then when he went "up" he went to a PHYSICAL place because in this dimention there is ONLY physical beings...

Now correct me if im wrong but the bible is supposed to be up for some sort of interpretation, what if "up" has nothing to do with ascending at all? perhaps up means to another stage of life or enlightenment?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Somewhere in the first chapter of Rev. kinda makes him sound like a santa like figure. What is the deal with St. Nick visiting on Christmas, there has to be something signifigant about that.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
jesus, being the word, and the spring from which the water of life flows, indicates that the water of life is the word of god.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
NEW THEORY: Jesus ascended into heaven right???

christians and every other religion believe that heaven (afterlife) is ONLY for souls (spirits)...

when Jesus ascended, his body went "up" too!!!

that is why we dont have His body...

i thought that heaven was ONLY for souls hmmmmmmmmmmm...

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   

NEW THEORY: Jesus ascended into heaven right???

christians and every other religion believe that heaven (afterlife) is ONLY for souls (spirits)...

when Jesus ascended, his body went "up" too!!!

that is why we dont have His body...

i thought that heaven was ONLY for souls hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Hank Hanigraff (The Bible Answer Man) wrote a book on that theory, and he really believes it. Although I disagree with his theory, the book's name is The Third Day. Check it out if you're interested in that theory!

top topics

join