It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Selfrunning free energy machine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hello, found this while on Youtube and would like to see what you guys think?

"Waterpump waterwheel powered electrical generator powering itsself and in addition a 100 Watts light bulb.
Amazing machine."

The above is the claim made by the Youtube poster "overunitydotcom".

Here is the link to his site which is being updated at the moment.

www.overunity.com...

video.google.com...

Please excuse any mistakes as this is my first post.

If this already exists feel free to delete or move.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by bharata]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bharata

I had always wondered about using an electric generator to power an electric generator? Would that work, because it seems all you would need is the initial crank and it would be free power as long as the generators worked to power the opposing.

Peace

edit to say...welcome to ats bharata...nice to have you!

[edit on 30-9-2008 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
That would require both to be above 100% efficient.
Have to figure up losses from friction, ohms in the wire and other variables.
It would break Newton's Law #1

Every body perseveres in its state of being at rest or of moving uniformly straight forward, except insofar as it is compelled to change its state by force impressed

The only way I can think of this to work is to put another energy source between the two generators. IE Use the electric power from generator #1 to create a spark to burn fuel, releasing heat, powering a Stirling engine which powers the second generator but all that creates even less efficacy.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Thinking in terms of physics, an overunity machine over unity by any significant factor should blow itself to pieces by overspeeding without a load on it. If it doesn't it then there isn't much overunity energy available besides enough to overcome frictional loss from a bit of extra speed. At that point it should be operating at unity.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
reply to post by bharata

I had always wondered about using an electric generator to power an electric generator? Would that work, because it seems all you would need is the initial crank and it would be free power as long as the generators worked to power the opposing.

Peace

edit to say...welcome to ats bharata...nice to have you!

[edit on 30-9-2008 by letthereaderunderstand]

The actual act of generating electricity causes physical resistance proportional to the amount of electricity generated. Due to the nature of induction and back EMF, you can't just spin a shaft at some RPM and get any amount of electricity that can be drawn at the generated voltage. if you aren't powering anything, the generator will be easy to spin. If you are, it will be harder, by an amount that corresponds to the amount of energy that you're using (and a bit more because of generational inefficiency, electrical resistance in the windings, and mechanical friction)

so expect to only get 80-95% of the power a generator uses back in the form of electricity. Motors run about 95% or less efficient (usually less).

You can quite easily plot a decay curve of the energy in such a system. It won't be on for long.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Have I missed the patent pending notice?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I have gone through the whole discussion, and this is clearly a fraud case.
The inventor could not come up with a clear video or any other details, except he is asking for investments.
There is no working replication and no testing by independent parties.
You can see the patent here
overunity.org.uk...
Full discussion with inventor's posts :
www.overunity.com...

Now there are so many free energy hoaxes and claims that the field of alternative energy has become muddy beyond recognition and they are giving a serious competition to the ghost and ufo hoaxes.....

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Thanks for your response.

I am aware that organic breakdown will occur with any substance given time. I don't know a thing about how electricity works other then it can kill you or not. I guess I always tend to think of electric engines as frictionless, not sure why.

I was thinking you would always need the initial turn over to begin such a "power generating power" scenario. Thank you for the info.

Peace

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I think that the physics arguments are redundant. If someone comes up with a device that shows an improvement in energy conservation, as measured against the industry average, a Youtube presentation is decidedly not the logical and expected step to take in order to realize the project.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
"If someone comes up with a device that shows an improvement in energy conservation, as measured against the industry average, a Youtube presentation is decidedly not the logical and expected step to take in order to realize the project."

I agree, Youtube would not be your first stop. Thanks for your views on the subject. Its always good to hear all opinions.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
his body language is telling me its a load of bull, of all of the systems i have seen this is the least convincing, simplicity is the key but not on the part of the inventor

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
weve got this great big fireball in the sky that has powered biological life since the dawn of life, surely by improving and building better and better solar panels thats the answer to free fuel. If the effort was put in we could undoubtedly maximise sun power or is it a limited source, my knowledge on the matter is virtually non existent but what is holding us back. surely moores law would apply to solar panels with the right investment and research they could be releaseing better models that often they would put ipod to shame.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I have no opinion about the device shown in the video however I think there may be something to the idea of using falling water to power a pump that lifts more water up. Consider the following. The force that a falling object exerts when it stops falling is proportional to the square of the distance that it fell. ie. if it fell twice as far, it would hit with a force 4 times as great. SO...since the energy required to lift a mass twice as high is only 2 times as great, then in theory it should be possible for water, which is falling from a high point, to power an electric generator or perhaps a pump directly with kinetic energy, and that pump sends more water to the top. Obviously the efficiency of the generator and/or pump will waste some of this surplus energy but if you had a source of water sufficiently high, then you would get a huge amount of kinetic energy to begin with and even with efficiency losses, there should be plenty of energy left over to power the pump AND generate surplus electrical energy for other useful purposes.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

I don't think ou. com shares your opinion, while their might be some individuals who do. He states he will produce another video showing the device more clearly, and because of negative comments, he has stated he will not be discussing his current progress with the machine. Makes me sad that every time an inventor wants to share something they are bombarded with negativity, almost as if people hate the idea of a more efficient machine which in turn would benefit everyone..I don't blame the guy for not wanting to share anymore. If I read the responses from people I wouldn't want to post anymore either. People just don't understand the different between efficiency and cop. The environment can do wonderful things when given the right stimulation.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The three laws of thermodynamics for non-scientists:

1. You can't get something for nothing
2. The best you can do is to break even
3. You can't even break even

These work. Sometimes, the laws seem to be violated because we don't know all the sources of energy that may be influencing a process. If you end up with net energy output, it had to come from somewhere. All we have to do is figure out where.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Here is a recent update, the generator is complete and running as intended, I will now be contacting the right people to do the documentations. And I will be making a new video for my viewers very soon outside in the parking lot.

James

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Here is a recent update, the generator is complete and running as intended, I will now be contacting the right people to do the documentations. And I will be making a new video for my viewers very soon outside in the parking lot.

James

top topics

join