It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the internet the next oracle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I have Been watching a number of doomsday clips on you tube of late and while watching these a came across the possible internet oracle site called web-bot.com that is apparently predicting the future. This got me thinking about how this could work and how it could be expanded. This is my theroy on the idea. Look at the world as a whole especially the wild life they have a natural sense of danger from the enviroment and their behaviour exhidit their natural senses. Humans are the same with their senses how many people from time to time out of nowhere have a sense of dread or nervousness for no reason then within a couple of days they find out bad news from somewhere wheather it be a death in the family or they get called up to go to war what ever. Thats where my idea sets in if there was a program that could map out the trends of all online uses so when something major in the world is about to happen and 200-300 million uses online are all sensing something is wrong their mood changes they are on edge for a reason they dont know why but as a result their online habits change they start looking at differnt things online that could very well pedict the future as if you are plugging into the collective subconscious again this is just a theory and the task at hand would be massive but when you have such a massive collection of peoples trends as the mood changes around the world surely there is the possibilty

[edit on 9/30/2008 by mullet35]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mullet35
...but as a result their online habits change they start looking at differnt things online that could very well pedict the future ...

First... paragraphs and line breaks please. It makes it so much easier to read.

Second, I do not remember the name of the study, but behavioral scientists found an amazing penchant for GROUPS OF HUMANS to make correct decisions. An individual, or a few people would make random wrong decisions, but when you had a big group, they almost always made the correct choices.

What this means is up for interpretation. But remember this: Humans have instincts just like any other animal. It is both a blessing and a curse that we can choose to ignore those instincts.

new topics

join