It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Problem... She's out of her league

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CapsFan8

Believe what you will, but essentially a quest to find some candidate that appears smart is going to leave you with the same politicos in office.

Politician is simply translated into common language as BS ARTIST

Palin isn't a politician So what? It can be nothing but a good thing.

Blanket comparissons between wholely different people don't help either. Bush and Palin are nothing alike, Palin is for whatever it's worth and please by all means disagree with her beliefs iof you choose, but she is:

A Republican Conservative true to those she represents and he was... a wanna be dictator attempting to sieze power

and Party has nothing to do with it, nor does IQ

and frankly if the point is Bush was dumb... because he was not the smoothest peach of a politician on the tree in terms of his speaking voice.

And reality check, he almost subverted fully the nation on Earth with the strigest system of checks and balances, gave the presidency unrivaled power, uccupied a handful of nations and... surely got what his Supportersd wanted, whatever the real agenda was... and seems to have gotten away with it

Bush, can not be called stupid... just because he shat on the heads of the people, Bush was a success at whatever it was his intentions actually were, of that, have no doubt.

To mock Palin on...Political jargon, insider politics and buzz issues... is a joke, there is no telling what decisions she may or may not make... that goes for any candidate.

But look for a smooth talker... and you will get one.

I'd challenge any of us to get in there and do a better job on all levels, knowledge, politics, theatrics and get elected... Good luck

To mock her is to say... You or I couldn't be President, that the ordinary American is not capable of making what in the end amounts to...

Basic judgement calls given pertinent information

and the truth

again

None of them are actually experts at anything

Not Economy,
Not Military,
Not Diplomacy,

None of them... period

They are expert Politicians, expert game players, experts at WORDS

Palin, maybe... maybe might make some genuine off the cuff decisions given the chance to...

or they will mold her into a lapdog

I don't know

But my vote goes for anyone from outside the system and thier degree or experience matters little in retrospect to any hope of getting...even if by accident someone into ofice who is NOT a Genuine Political Figure

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
i'm sorry...but palin makes "W" look smart. i think she is in way over her head...i mean really...can't anybody here remember the newspapers or magazines they have read? ...not the content or even the headlines, but just the name of the publications? wow!!! this was such a simple question and she froze up like it was a trick question...huh? now, can you think of how she would react to a world crisis? i mean c'mon...this is bizarre. i mean, even joe six-pack must be feeling like a genuis when listening to her.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

I cracked up listening to her..Seems like our choices for leaders are diminishing every year..

If anyone wants to see the snl version -

www.nbc.com...

[edit on 1-10-2008 by Freezer]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
joe six-pack for vice-president of the united states!!!!!!!!!
...is she serious?...huh? who in h*ll wants joe six-pack for vice-president? is she even aware of what is coming out of her mouth? does she have any idea how this sounds to rational and reasonable people? people in alaska must be stunned that she is the governor of their state and she sounds like this...how embarrassing.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
One would think that with her Russian international experience see could have at least come up with Pravda

Seriously, this is frightening. She is like a deer (moose) in the headlights. She knows it and it shows. I actually feel bad for her.

~edit to add~

My mother actually said to me before the SNL skits...." She really looks like Tina Fey". And after watching the skits.....she not only looks like her, but has her down pat

[edit on 1-10-2008 by Connector]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Comon, this isn't complicated stuff. What paper do you read? You mean you can't answer that simple question? How can one function in the real world in any context without having the ability to communicate even something so mundane? I don't believe a person can be that dumb, this thing itself is some kind of political trick I think. Trick the dumb hillbillies and women into voting for her, even though she is an affront to those groups. I don't buy that many other people are buying it though.

I'm not in the tank for the "smooth talking" candidate as you say.
I'd jump at the chance to vote for Ron Paul. He's genuine and pretty sharp.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by CapsFan8]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Funny. Looks to me like somebody is worried Palin has a good chance of getting McCain elected. Otherwise, why all the mudslinging and spin?

While everyone here is attempting character assassination against Palin, let's keep it balanced... (playing devils advocate)

What about Obama and his stuttering?

His belief that there are 57 states in the US.

How poorly did he perform in Chicago's District 13 as state senator and activist and senator? (He got rich and the poor stayed poor.)

His association with former terrorists. (William Ayers)

His association with rascists. (Pastor Wright)

His association with Farrakhan. (radical Muslim connections)

Exactly what are his credentials?

There is another part of this story that has never been really uncovered by the Main Stream Media, which is just how is Barack Obama's district doing that he represented in Chicago's 13th district? Since Obama ran it, it must be a place overflowing with milk and honey. Why it must be a wonderland and joyous place to live, since Obama surely brought his ideas of "Hope" and "Change" to his own district. One would think.

Well let's see what "Hope" and "Change" Obama has brought to the 13th district of Chicago. The man who is going to rescue you and me with the pretty words of his, this superman.

Here is your next American Idol, Barack Obama and the Hope and Change he brought to Chicago's 13th district, his district;

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Looks to me like he surrounds himself with racketeers. (Fannie Mae)
www.youtube.com...

Do we really need a ghetto president with that kind of job experience?

And finally...

With a background like that would he even pass a background check for Secret Service or FBI? Do we want that kind of person handling national secrets?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
After watching the daily show, a guest on the show said that Palin takes the bibles words literally...

I am not sure on the credibility of that but that itself makes me believe she has a VERY myopic view (I am not talking out against the Bible, and I also support McCain more then Obama...).

I prefer McCains policies over Obamas but I do not know if I give the republican party nearly as much credence as I did before.

If I were to vote now I would say McCain but these upcoming debates will affect my decision.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix1111
Funny. Looks to me like somebody is worried Palin has a good chance of getting McCain elected. Otherwise, why all the mudslinging and spin?

You should start a thread about the Obama stuff. This thread is about Palin. Why all the spin? Is it 'spin' when Palin responds to a question about the bailout with some nonsensical response about health care, new jobs and so on? Seriously, playing devil's advocate is fine, but trying to insinuate that it's 'spin' that's making Palin look like a giant idiot and not Palin herself...... That's ridiculous, sir.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

You are trying to mis-represent the situation. You see, you are drumming up the fact that Sarah Palin is not a politician. First, I would comment that this is an absurd statement since she's been elected to the governor's office. Face it, she is a politician and just like you stated, masters the art of BS to some degree.

But even that is moot since being a politician or not being one is not what people are concerned about. What people are concerned about is a complete failure by Sarah Palin to express a coherent view on issues that are quite important. If she's not capable of that, she's hardly capable of leading people, and that's not just a "politician's" skill, that's you basic leadership and governance skill. She has very little of that and I dread the possibility that she enters the White House in ANY capacity. My auto mechanic makes more sense than she does.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Palin is an average women with intelegence. The so called League are the elite and they are the ones that cannot seem to get this country on the right trac. Maybe she is what we need and more of them. Cannot do any worse than the so called elite. Maybe they might do a better job.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
That last video in the post by yeti101 says it all.

She thought she could bamboozle Couric, but Couric kept asking and Palin become completely flustered. She was afraid to answer either out of embarrassment of what she reads or doesn't read. The real problem here is nobody would of cared much if her reading material was fish and fly magazine and the local newspaper. Instead she attempts to cover up the question and ends up making a complete numb skull of herself. Palin needs to be herself - She doesn't have the capacity to hide that nor to come off as something she is not.

Couric interview
Couric asked "What magazines & newspapers have you read?"

Palin - Oh yeah, I've read most of them, (then to try to appease Couric - Palin says)again, with a great appreciation for the press, for the media. (thinking she buttered up Couric enough)

Couric says - What specifically, I'm curious?

Palin - All of them, any of them that have been in front of me over the years. (Get out your waders, cause it's getting deep, baby)

Couric (not sure about her precise words as Palin talked over her) Do you have anything?

Palin - I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news.
(OMG
)

It's clear from that interview that Palin lacks the skill set to engage in an unscripted conversation of even the lowest intellectual capacity. I can only hope that she was extremely nervous, as if this was any indication of her intellect, she's just one mutation above retard. Okay I'll even entertain as one poster suggested, maybe even a third of our fellow humans walking the earth are partially retarded like this, but that's not the third I want running the show - thank you. I know that's not nice, but I'm not sugar coating it or being politically correct today.

If it's true that she just got a passport - it's clear she doesn't have an accurate world view either.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix1111
[
Adapted as in learned to think on his feet and speak publicly.

Geez, I'm always amazed at how people get their "panties all twisted," thinking somehow one party is better than the other. If you really believed in the existence of the "pattern of satan,' you'd know he plays both sides.

No your being silly now. Please dont write back more sheeple post.

He learnt all this to be aware and do public speech and everything you said long before he became president. So in fact your woofuly wrong. He didnt adapt to anything while as president. Why would he, when he choose to do as he likes.

I'm now taking this topic off now, But please don't talk such nonsense.

He doesn't play on both sides, He plays for his side and his money business.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Yup, you wouldnt want to hear what she said on world issues

Honestly why on earth did the republican party pick someone so stupid, its just not even funny. Of all people they picked a vice president candidate that has never in her life went outside of her own nation. She has never actually seen the world at all.

Although did she see iraq. Of all places to go see. Some perspective on the world.
To make it even more scary it was only last year, and it was the only reason she got a passport at the time, so she went to see Iraq

And I don't even want to know what she went there for!!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

So what league are you referring to - the dirty, corrupt, career politican who will say anything to win your vote, then stab you in the back. The likes of Obama and Biden are just what we are trying to avoid. Palin is much more normal, down to Earth, bulldog that needs to lead the fight.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagledriver
Palin is much more normal, down to Earth, bulldog that needs to lead the fight.

Bulldog? I thought it was Pit bull...

Anyway, she's out of her league as far as having any intelligence and education about the world. And it doesn't matter if she's a Miniature Poodle, she cannot stand up to Biden, Obama or McCain as regards intellect.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagledriver

So what league are you referring to - the dirty, corrupt, career politican who will say anything to win your vote, then stab you in the back. [snip] Palin is much more normal, down to Earth, bulldog that needs to lead the fight.

I do not want some jerk giving us a lick and a promise either. Palin though in that interview where she could not answer a question properly about what news papers she reads was frightening to say the least.

She seems like some midwestern mom that has no clew about how the world works.

Can you imagine her making decisions against real world leaders in a time of a true crisis?

Think of a scenario like when JFK had to make a hardcore decision against a hardcore world player like Premier Khrushchev during the Cuban missile crisis. You need to understand how the human mind works and how to take it to the wall without causing the wall to crumble.

If she one day falls into being the POTUS we will see a hard core leader take her to school...and her evangelical need for rapture may come to pass...as well as the rest of us.

How did things get so bad so fast.
I really feel something bigger than us is creating our biggest lessons, and those lessons will be very painful.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I think her brain works faster than her mouth. The problem is that she's trying too hard to be lockstep in line with McCain's speaking points. That may be necessary to an extent, but she really ought to go out and talk her talk. That's why she was chosen (or one of the reasons) and the McCain camp is sorely doing her an injustice by not allowing her to be who she is.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg
I wonder how any one of us would do if similarly interviewed?

Thats besides the point as none of us is competing for the second highest office in the country, but I tell you what, listening to Gov. Palin answers it looks to me that MANY people on this borad is more inform than her on MANY issues, thats why this interviews of her are so perplexing, she doesn't know anything about anything.

There's a lot of stuff the Prez has to know and it looks difficult to make a reasonably informed comment on some things that aren't at the top of the list.

She was ask about the BAILOUT and Sen. McCain record as a reformer, sorry, but I think those two things should be a the TOP of her list, its unexcusable!

One reason for the cabinet, experts in a particular field and the like.
The Prez can order up information and make decisions as required.

And right now Sen. McCain by picking Gov. Palin is showing he has poor judgement. If he elected this lady for the 2nd HIGHEST office in government, I can't even imagine who he is going to place in the cabinet.

Aside from picking on presidential hopefuls, we should take a look at our congress and think about what many of them know or have experienced.

It is a different matter although you have a valis point, but congressional representatives are elected to represent the people from their districts, they answer to the interest of those few.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
As I read on a blog about Palin somewhere recently...

the scary thing is that she only needs to be as smart as the people that vote for her.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join