Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Palin Problem... She's out of her league

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

No one hates saying that more than I do. Like so many women, I’ve been pulling for Palin, wishing her the best, hoping she will perform brilliantly. I’ve also noticed that I watch her interviews with the held breath of an anxious parent, my finger poised over the mute button in case it gets too painful. Unfortunately, it often does. My cringe reflex is exhausted.

Palin filibusters. She repeats words, filling space with deadwood. Cut the verbiage and there’s not much content there. Here’s but one example of many from her interview with Hannity: “Well, there is a danger in allowing some obsessive partisanship to get into the issue that we’re talking about today. And that’s something that John McCain, too, his track record, proving that he can work both sides of the aisle, he can surpass the partisanship that must be surpassed to deal with an issue like this.”

When Couric pointed to polls showing that the financial crisis had boosted Obama’s numbers, Palin blustered wordily: “I’m not looking at poll numbers. What I think Americans at the end of the day are going to be able to go back and look at track records and see who’s more apt to be talking about solutions and wishing for and hoping for solutions for some opportunity to change, and who’s actually done it?”

If BS were currency, Palin could bail out Wall Street herself.

article.nationalreview.com...

It doesn't get more conservative or GOP supporter and feminist that Kathleen Parker and she is one of the latest conservative figures to point out what it is painfully obvious, Gov. Palin is not only not qualified she just dont know anything about anything.

This is Gov. Palin in her latest interview with CBS Katie Couric (go to 4:25, she can't even cite Sen. McCain track record on reform after saying that he had a better record than Obama)

YIKES!

Another piece where se says that the bailout is all about....HEALTHCARE!!

So according to Gov. Palin the bailout is about healthcare reform to shore up the economy and also job creation, that ultimately is going to accomplish fair trade under the umbrella of job creation....Huh?

No wonder why Sen. McCain has been hiding Gov. Palin and shielding her away from reporters, no wonder why Sen. McCain created all the drama abour suspending his campaign last week the very same day that this interview was taped, now we know it was clearly an attempt to deflect the attention from this interviews. No wonder why the McCain campaign want it their debate of last Friday to take place this week and cancel Gov. Palin and Biden debate altogether.

She is clearly wait out of her league in this election, I feel bad for her in the sense that she might be a good politician but she let her ambition to get the best of her, she might have been ready 4 or 8 years down the road but right now she has no clue about anything, she dont even have a clue about his running mate record or about what the bailout is, two things that are just unexcusable at this point.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

I think she is too. But I have to say... I am so glad that this is apparent NOW and not later. If people vote for this ticket (as McCain is sure to croak sooner rather than Later) they deserve what is coming to them. Simple as that.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is true and it is a real problem. I am an absolutely in the middle, uncommitted voter. I have been leaning one way or another for weeks. However when I take the entire tickets into account I think Obama could be President, McCain could be President, Biden could assume the Presidency, but Palin can't, she just does not not seem to have it in her.

It is a problem for me as the only real job she has in Washington is to be able to take the Office of the Presidency at a moment's notice.

Nobody can be honest and believe that four months from now Sarah Palin can be the President of the United States.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Mainer]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mainer

I was the same way but since they announce the Palin choice that did it for me. Given McCain age it would be naive not to think that he would not fall ill or even pass away during his term.

Given the issues we face or the ones I that matter to me, I was leaning towards Sen. Obama not by much though, but when the Gov. Plain pick was announced that did it for me.

This lady is as much of a threat to this country overall stability that is even scary to think having her at the Oval Office. She is just simply not ready.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

This lady is as much of a threat to this country overall stability that is even scary to think having her at the Oval Office. She is just simply not ready.

I would argue that she never will be. She just doesnt seem sharp enough. You need a certain kind of mind to be able to handle the job of President. Ideally that mind would be accompanied by a certain kind of character as well.

I will leave the question of her or any of their characters out of it. People can judge for themselves what they think of that, but quite frankly, she just isnt quick enough, decisive enough, nor does she appear to be intelligent enough to handle the job. Not now, and I would say that by the age of 40 whatever she is, her intelligence is what it is always going to be. Experience is great, but you have to have natural innate intelligence to handle the unknown, the unexpected, and the unplanned for. Nothing I have heard from Sarah Palin indicates to me that she has more than a moderate intellect. Not bad for what she was doing, but not good enough for running the whole country.

Clinton, Barack, McCain, Biden, all have that quick intelligence. Regardless what I think of their policies, characters, and platforms. Sarah does not.

To me, it is an indication of one of two things.

Either they just wanted "a woman" (and didnt really care if she was competent ) for political reasons, and poor Sarah was "it" because she was younger and cute,

OR- (very conspiracy minded here) they (the powers that be behind the scenes) planned to get McCain elected, and have him die (of natural causes of course) in office so that they could have a simple, inexperienced, not so bright president that would be very easy to influence and control and the choice of Sarah was very deliberate and well thought out.

Either way, aside from being a puppet President, I dont think Sarah will ever have what it takes mentally to truly fill the role of President. She is not a moron, I am not saying that, but she doesnt stand out as an intellect at all and I think one needs to be pretty sharp in that position.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong when I say this, I'm not implying that anyone has done this, but when I listen to her speak it is almost as if someone has edited different sentence fragments together. The end result is an absolute mess. The OP's premise is right on the money. She is so out of her league, and she knows it, that she can barely form a coherent thought.

Like myself, and many others have said, picking her for VP shows a very serious lack of judgement on McCain's part.
The sickening thing about it is that the republicans are now forced to stick it out with her so they have decided to basically remove her from the election process. Not letting her speak to the media, trying to do away with the debate process. They are parading her pretty face in front of people HOPING that people are still ignorant enough to vote for the best looking candidate.

Sorry, but I think that THIS election may be different than most, especially given this latest crisis. The people are waking up en masse now and they are going to be looking for good leadership. Sarah Palin is not that.

However, I am remembering the bitter disappointment I felt when people re-elected Bush. I thought, at the time, that he didn't have a chance in hell of retaining office, but I was sorely disappointed.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It amazes me that, she judges herself as a pitbull with lipstick.

On one hand, sometimes, I feel that she actually is just that! In every way. Do you think a pitbull with lipstick, is what America needs right now. After we had the whitehouse filled up like a zoo of all sorts of animals, dogs and species of bears and the bush family!

Do we need Pitbulls to the 8 year colllection of wild behaving beasts?

THATS my two cents?

P.S she has only got a passport last year! Never seen the outside world, but the war in Iraq. Now that's enough for me to run without my legs!

[edit on 30-9-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
They definately saw an opportunity with picking a female but they did had better choice, Condy Rice, Sen. Hutchinson and Carly Fiorina they are all more than qualified but all three had potential downsides.

Gov. Palin they assumed had a lot of upside with minimal downside but they clearly underestimated the downside. Is now showing that it was a clearly political pick, not a country first pick, it shows that Sen. McCain leadership of "suspending" his campaign was a political stunt to try to deflect attention about this interview that obviously hasn't got the coverage it would if not for the crisis.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
They definately saw an opportunity with picking a female but they did had better choice, Condy Rice, Sen. Hutchinson and Carly Fiorina they are all more than qualified but all three had potential downsides.

Gov. Palin they assumed had a lot of upside with minimal downside but they clearly underestimated the downside. Is now showing that it was a clearly political pick, not a country first pick, it shows that Sen. McCain leadership of "suspending" his campaign was a political stunt to try to deflect attention about this interview that obviously hasn't got the coverage it would if not for the crisis.

I agree with you, but Palin was put in thier for limelight she has the looks and has the qualities of a strong women, but with nothing out of ordinary or for this job,

She was put there for the shock and boost of the flagging Mcain ratings. and to get the female vote. The sad fact, Alot of people in America will vote for her because she has a strong middle class background and because of her status and been a stunning woman....Fine if you don't believe me you all, but I think there enough stupid people there who will do just that IMO.

They thought she would fit the purpose and the goal, for McCain to get back on top purely. But the fact now arises, she is woofully ignorant and single minded and not in any make or shape for this vice presidential role. Palin has no experience what so ever on world politics or foriegn policy. It's just frightening. So it does appear, that McCain is fooked it up
It proves his intellegence anyway.

I don't personally think she was put in there as a "vice president" at all. I say it again, It was just to get the Hilary vote. But I agree with you, on the fact the republican party should have thought about their female candidates a bit more throughly.

But it's up to the people of America now to realise, how biased and incompetent the republican party actually is after all this crap. AGAIN.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I guess I was just blinded by the whole absurdity of the pick that I never considered your conspiracy idea. I've been so permanently warped by my time on ATS that I may actually believe it.

I started a thread a few days ago dealing with what a VP stands for;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Biden on the other hand is somewhat of a "loose canon" so who knows who he might p**s off if he had to take over.

And the likely scenario of either of the VP's being called upon is highly likely IMO. McCain is old and sometimes I wonder when the torture that he endured will take its toll. Obama, on the other hand also brings up a point that I don't remember seeing here. As much as we don't like to admit it, racial bigotry is still a problem in this country and I can just picture some good old boy taking a pot shot with his favorite possum gun to "do the country a favor".

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
To me it seems as though she knows political key words and phrases, but not how to use them. Like when Couric asked her about the bailout, she responded with health care, new jobs, and fair trade, as pointed out in the OP. Those points were actually irrelevant to the bailout question, and her answer was nonsensical, but in listening to all of her interviews it is the same: a potpourri of key points conglomerated into a mishmash of confusion.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Everyone is jumping on Sarah Palin as though she is running for president. Folks, she is the VP candidate. Yes, she may well come to office. It is highly possible that Joe Biden could come into office as well!
The death of either McCain and Obama are both at risk!
See my thread

Sarah Palin; The Conservative Liberals Love To Hate

I think you find she may be as qualified as any of the last four governors that were elected to office.

Don't dis the woman, because she stutters or repeats herself. Obama does the same thing when he doesn't have a teleprompter to read from.
And lets see how she does on the debates Thursday.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I like your grasp and thoughts on this.

I would agree with the behind scenes too. But I actually think in this point in time. The illisionists and puppet masters. Have not decided themselves who they want.

I mean you could even say the same with regards to Obama, being a black president. The conspiracy behind him lies, the very same solvent behind what you've stated the possiblity of Palin and McCain combo.

My thoughts of Obama, would be that he's a shock factor for America, been the first black president in history. This is enough to distract the entire country, and make the nation forget the itty gritty behind scenes. So the powers above can do their bidding, just like your scenario of Palin becoming president

I'm going off topic. But in saying all that, I actually feel the people above all have not made up their minds who they want in power. Elections in America is more hideos than cartoons, they way things jump, bounce, poll after poll, who is cool for wednesday and who's cool for friday.

I think the whole elections are staged to be honest. But I think your thoughts on it seems a likely scenario anyway.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Obama at least makes sense when he speaks. She really does not and she flusters easily. Not good qualities, especially for a VP.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith

Don't dis the woman, because she stutters or repeats herself. Obama does the same thing when he doesn't have a teleprompter to read from.
And lets see how she does on the debates Thursday.

Your are biased in saying that.

Why on earth would you want, somebody so full of herself she can't see past her own achievements. Shes a complete hillybilly, who think's Iraq was a mission from God.

I could sit here, and give you 100 more examples on how unsuitable she is for the job. I don't thnk you even have to dis here at all, to know this fact either.

Your probably the type that would vote for George Bush again, after you saying that.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

Not only that she oozes arrogance and put others down. She is just so dizzy in interviews it's to disturbing to listen to what she says.

She only strong when she repeats her acheivements or tell's how biden lacks or anyone she dislike has lacking in. I watched her at the Republican convention thingy on youtube. And someone should actually give her a smack for the crapology she was saying.

That McCain is the only man running that is a hero and has adversity. The only man that has been through the mills for all of you. That was just the final straw for me. She is a nasty woman for disrespecting other's for playing that card in my books.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Once again, the people who claim Palin is not qualified, or is out of her league, put the same focus right back on Obama.

The leftist media did their jobs, they managed to get an interview with her and hit her with "gotcha" questions. Then focus on it for weeks. But let Biden slip up and say he saw President Roosevelt on TV in 1929...it is virtually ignored....ah that's the good ole Joe we know and love!

I'm looking forward to the debate Thursday, then we will see who is out of their league.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

I'm sorry but I dont agree, go back an read Illusion post, he couldnt put it more clearly.

And like I said before not only she is not qualified, she has no idea about the issues, she gets ask one thing and dance horribly around the subject like someone that has no idea. She doesn't even has an idea about Sen. McCain record for crying out loud. At this point she is nothing more than a political tool intended to bring in the PUMA vote, the Bubba vote and women vote.

This showing of incompetence is no fault but hers.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Yes we know by now that in your world two wrongs make a right. This thread is about the Qualifications of Sarah Palin as VP. I think Biden is an idiot too but she really[/] isn't better. I would go so far as to say, she is worse.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

I starred you by a mistake!

But don't want to leave it as one liner, just because it's your opinion that she is qualified doesn't mean she is
Oh sheeple talk I'm hearing again!

Whoopsie doo! It's better just to ignore this, and what you said, than get annoyed and upset by your nonsense. After all it's just opinion!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join