It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will ‘BORDER SECURITY’ be the #1 issue in Oct 2008/Election?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Will ‘BORDER SECURITY’ be the #1 issue in Oct 2008/Election?

See ‘October 7th, 2008’ Terrorist Chatter www.homelandsecurityus.com...

Could the above alert regarding next week and a potential terrorist attack coincide with the proposed ‘bailout’ after our leaders return from holiday?

Will we read something like this in the newspaper next month???

See below…

Mark my words, if this happens (and I pray it doesn’t)….the nation will be discussing BORDER SECURITY again…it’s a shame it has fallen off the front page…I wonder why???

FICTICIOUS ARTICLE BELOW…

Political Leaders Took Their Eye Off The Ball!!!

“While our leaders were focused on the economy, America was hit again by terrorists. After years and year’s debate on how to handle this inevitable event with open borders, disagreements from our leaders, and clear early warning signs, many directly from the terrorist’s mouth…even on our own internet.

We now know the death total is well over 5,000. On the day after it happened, President Bush commissioned a group of top philosophical, business and community leader to access ‘why.’

After much internal fighting and debate The ______ Commission decided to utilize a business process assessment tool popularized by a money-making machine, The Toyota Motor Company. The problem solving tool is called 5-Why. The tool’s basic premise is to ask ‘why’ at least five times, which for many decades have led business leaders to the root cause of a number of issues.

Interestingly enough this tool is counter-intuitive. For example, if you were told that the reason the Jefferson Memorial building was decaying much more quickly than it should be…….and that the reason was because the lights were being turned on, you’d question that logic, wouldn’t you? But it’s true and here’s how the 5-Why gets you there.

Effect - Jefferson Memorial decaying prematurely.
Why? Building being washed to remove bird feces.
Why? Lots of birds coming to eat nats.
Why? Nats are plentiful.
Why? They are attracted to the light coming on early.
Root Cause-Turn on the lights later.

Less nats + less birds + less feces + less washing = longer lasting building.

So the reason the building was falling apart is the lights were turned on!

This same logic was applied to the latest terrorist attacks.

Effect – Over 5000 Americans died.

Why? Terrorists got close enough to kill.
Why? Terrorists went undetected and garnished killing devices.
Why? Terrorists blended in our population.
Why? Terrorists got across the border unimpeded.
Why? Border security had holes in it.
Why? Washington Leaders couldn’t compromise on a solution to protect it’s citizens.

Maybe now they will???

Lesson Learned – Tighten the Borders, please!!!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Not in a bad way, but your comment made me think of the saying:

if

a=b, and b=c,

a=c?

cows and white, polar bears are white

so, Cows=Polar Bears?

I could come up with some better examples, but I encourage you to be creative...

a=b, b=c, a=c?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Thanks for your response!

????

Are you saying my logic is flawed?

Do you deny 'open borders' are a threat?

OT

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

No, I'm not saying it is flawed, I'm just saying that it is a cool way to look at things, a different way. I was not being sarcastic,

a=b, b=c

A SHOULD equal C

And my positions on Open Borders:

Close Them

I don't want any Mexicans, Canadians and others coming here to make the problem worse.

I say get our country back into shape, then open them up.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Oh ok!

Border security may not be #1 on the presidential candidates platform now, but if something happens IT WILL BE.

My take is...if we know this now...why are we avoiding it ?

What's to say Binladen has not had his folks living in Mexico for yrs? Learning the language , blending in, and getting ready to come over as a 'migrant worker' ?

If it happens, I hate to think 'hindsight' will be our only answer...we should be 'thinking' ahead, right?

OT

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
As far as most people are concerned. Terrorism is something over the ocean. Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq?, etc...

Nope, until we have a wake up call, people will be ignorant about border security and how crucial it is to the safety of the nation.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Man I hear you...regrettably!

Are there other ATS-ers out there who think we dropped the ball around border security ?

Can we send a needed message or is OT out to lunch?

We have always been ahead of the curve, right?

My hope is for our kids...

OT curious?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Yes, especially with the recent economic crisis, people are less prone to know or care about other topics such as border security.

I seem that it is vital, since we spent who knows how much money building a Wall.

Yes a Wall between Mexico and the United States.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

ts3, thanks so much for being on it...how long u been with ATS? Some smart people frequent the site, huh?

OT

edit: big night for the m-twins, huh? Are they winning?

[edit on 30-9-2008 by OldThinker]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Minnesota Twins, hmmm, last time I checked, Jim Thome hit a hr, depressing.

It seems here on ATS we are made up of very like-minded 'conspiracy minds' that are able to expand our discussion though the tools the internet has provided us.

It seems that the world outside ATS has not to many bright individuals, such as on ATS. Since the ones who find ATS, are the smart ones.

For example. I eat lunch with a group of guys who are 'different' one is very anti-government and has convinced himself that all his conspiracy theories about corrupt government are correct. While on ATS, we have intelligent discussion and not ranting, exactly why I love it.

Partly, he still finds he is able to find Fox News as unbiased. I'm not going there.

Either candidate has failed to field on confident plan on how they are going to be president.

That is why I am a libertarian and am voting for Bob Barr.

Smaller Government, Less Taxes, More Freedom

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
ts3, Thank you for responding...I agree about the level of our ATS-ers...

Thome' huh? Just saw ESPN...he hit that ball a long way...sorry for the Twins...great yr...

Thome' has not hit a homer since Sept 19th...whew!

Maybe in the AM we'll get some others to read our posts and respond, ok? Good night sir!!

OT Sleepy!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

The text addressing the nature, location and timing of the planned attack, although specific to the U.S., appears otherwise ambiguous. For instance, the timing appears to focus on the Tuesday following the end of Ramadan, which would be October 7, 2008. The nature of the attack is less clear. Although the author appears to talk about a strike greater in magnitude than the 9/11 attacks and makes reference to the possibility of it being nuclear in nature, the text references to the nuclear aspect of the attack appear somewhat muddled.

The details of this find include...

---Instructions for actions Muslims are to take before, during & after an attack in the U.S. posted;

---Message suggests activation of worldwide jihad following U.S. attack;

---Message indicates large-scale attack within the U.S., perhaps early October;

---Text, posting under analysis by U.S. Intelligence officials

Readers, do you have any cross reference support?

OT

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
Oh ok!

Border security may not be #1 on the presidential candidates platform now, but if something happens IT WILL BE.

My take is...if we know this now...why are we avoiding it ?

What's to say Binladen has not had his folks living in Mexico for yrs? Learning the language , blending in, and getting ready to come over as a 'migrant worker' ?

If it happens, I hate to think 'hindsight' will be our only answer...we should be 'thinking' ahead, right?

OT

I am shocked that they have not smuggled some sort of dirty bomb across the Mexican border yet.

That border is a terrorist's best friend, anything and anyone can cross that line at whim and they fail to take advantage of that. Either we totally wiped them out in Afghanistan or they are coming up with a different approach probably involving small groups wreaking havoc on a local area via shootings, car bombings, bombing infrastructure, etc - all with manpower and material smuggled across the Mexican border.

Mark my words, unless we seal off that border we will one day pay dearly for our apathy and ignorance.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hey, does anyone know exactly what type and size of the supposed WALL on our southern border...and how far are they? And how far is the goal? 100%?

Seems pointless (or at least ineffective) if it doesn't go the entire length, huh?

OT

[edit on 1-10-2008 by OldThinker]

new topics

top topics

join