It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do 9 Of The People Who Voted NO on Bailout Have In Common?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Actually, let's add another three who were left out of the conspiracy:

Sen. Feingold, Russ (DEM-WI)
Sen. Sanders, Bernard (IND-VT)
Sen. Wyden, Ron (DEM-OR)

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Oh man!!!! I'm SOOOOOOOO freakin confused!! Is it the Jews or not already!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
So this and the Federation of Light are at the top on ATS today? Coinciding with preparation for possible bailout and destruction of our dollar? And you wonder why no one takes anything we have to say seriously.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by TylerKing]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Every Jewish person I have ever known was a good person. Any emphasis on money is about family security, not greed. Nobody is stopping anyone from getting into the finance banking business world if you think it is lopsided with people of the Jewish faith.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
What an incredibly misleading title change.

If anything, it should say "What do all BUT 9 of the people who voted NO on Bailout Have In Common?"

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

It's not a misleading title change. The original title implied that everyone who voted no on the bailout was jewish. The thread took on a nice mob mentality while nobody bothered to actually look up the facts.

The orignal post, along with the original title are intact.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Let me see if I understand the ATS rules today.

You cannot post and debate the character of Obama and McCain, correct, because character is not a position or platform point?

But it is allowed to bash an entire religion, as is evidenced by this thread, correct?

Someone needs to take a simple course in logic, before they impose such standards. Yes, it is ATS, and the owners can do what they want. But, really, are you proud of this thread? This religion-bating is actually illegal in several European countries, as I understand it, and it goes against plain old human decency.

[edit on 2-10-2008 by ProfEmeritus]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
This religion-bating is actually illegal in several European countries, as I understand it, and it goes against plain old human decency.

First off I see everyone here has jokes. Loam especially because he finally got one up on me and proved what I thought to be a truth wrong. In my initial scan I saw no one but I wasnt 100% sure which is why I put in the first post if I am proven wrong delete the thread. I actually gave Loam a star when he proved me wrong. Even Mybigunit is wrong once in awhile, although rarely.

Second in regards to this post religion baiting isnt actually illegal in european countries that I know of. Being a "holocaust denyer" is. Basically that means if you have questions on what, where, how, who in regards to the holocaust and WW2 you are not to ask them. This thread wasnt intended to race bait even though me saying this will fall on deaf ears.

Human decency? Heh

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

the original post implied that jews were controlling the bailout vote. That jews control things is, unfortunately, an ages old conspiracy. It was proven to be untrue here and the original post was edited to reflect that.

Are you implying that I (or we at ATS), by allowing the discussion in the first place, are promoting anti-semitism?

If so, let me state that we are doing the exact opposite and this thread is a great example of it. Some ridiculous theory surrounding the jews was posted, some members jumped all over it and some, thankfully, thought to actually do some research. The thread is now a great example of mob hatred. The lie was exposed we are left with an example of how quick people are to jump on the hate bandwagon.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
This thread wasnt intended to race bait even though me saying this will fall on deaf ears.

judaism isn't a race.
why is it that people assume judaism is a race but catholicism and other faiths are religions?

if anything it was faith baiting.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Are you implying that I (or we at ATS), by allowing the discussion in the first place, are promoting antisemitism?

No, what I am saying, is that by allowing bigots to voice their hatred concerning an entire religion, but NOT allowing people to voice their opinion about a single candidate, you are being quite inconsistent. Bigotry is defined as hatred directed towards an entire GROUP of people, whereas comments directed against ONE INDIVIDUAL is not bigotry.
It appears as if you are giving bigotry a platform, but not allowing comments about an individual. Can't you see the illogical of that? Furthermore, character is an important trait regarding any candidate, and to arbitrarily prohibit it, leads me to believe that you don't think people vote or don't vote for someone based upon their character. Again, I think that is illogical and unrealistic

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
As something of a student of people as much as of conspiracy I am always disappointed with the aspects such as it being somehow a great Jewish conspiracy. Even on a smaller level it is fairly silly as we know that all groups of people have had small groups with that have conspiratorial works in effect. There have likely been conspiracies carried out by groups within most races and religious orders.

When we try to look at the big picture we need to remember the old rule. Know your enemy. A broad sweep that hopes to find some concise group that can be clearly identified as the heads of the conspiracies in our world will fail. This strikes me as misunderstanding truly wicked people. It seems to be an error to look for high level New World Order types that you may imagine are anything like yourself.

Truly wicked conspiratorial high level persons would not be interested in some cause that helped their fellow race or some other group that for them would be arbitrary. The motivation is far more individual, you are choosing knowingly to be a representative of dark thinking, dark modalities and a completely selfish perspective.

At such a point the only reason one even bothers conspiring is for furtherance of ones own desires for power or control. Any person in that position realises the need for others to work with them. To gain power takes people in many places that can work to a loose common ideal. Loyalty would be hard earned as obviously everyone you work with would love to destroy you and strip you of whatever power you had amassed. Past the trust born of having helped each other gain power there would be little loyalty.

Perhaps because of my own investigation into the more mystical and spiritual issues often turned up in conspiracy revelation. I tend to look at the idea of acquiring personal power, something I am familiar with and can comprehend. There is certainly an aspect of humans that can become more powerful. One can gain remarkable control over others and in my opinion they can control much of the world around you and nearly all that it contains.

I appreciate that people outside of the more mystical conspiracy camps may have trouble following my thinking. If you believe the power of an individual mind/spirit can never really be modified or increased in power by much, then this will be ignored. My own experience with working with self power has shown that amazing abilities are made available to us that could be very useful for gaining powerful positions.

When you look for people that are both inclined toward the secret mystery cults as well as positions of control, then the field narrows. At that point distinctions such as Asian, Jew, Aryan, Islamic or whatever you choose, become irrelevant. To be an excepted conspirator you must already have amassed personal power and magnificent levels of knowing regarding reality and humanity.

If I was going down that path It would be irrelevant what your background was, your race, religious upbringing or nationality. Any political leanings would be only loosely of note. If you were powerful, hungry to get more power and I reckoned you could assist me towards it myself. That would be enough to get you on the team. Cattle need not apply.

Just my musings on this.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It's true the Jews run the world banking industry.

The Rothschilds are Ashkenazi Jews from the now current region of Georgia. Back when the king ordered all of them to convert to the Jewish faith.

The Rothschild's own Israel. The Jewish star is not even a Jewish symbol, but rather the symbol Mayer Rothschild had over his shop.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by mybigunit
This thread wasnt intended to race bait even though me saying this will fall on deaf ears.

judaism isn't a race.
why is it that people assume judaism is a race but catholicism and other faiths are religions?

if anything it was faith baiting.

I personally know many atheists who consider themselves Jewish. Are they lying to me?? Was Einstein Jewish?? Is it a culture, a race, a religion or a state?? Seems like it is whatever is convienent at the time.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I said it was a religion. that's what it is. not sure what, exactly, you're getting at.

Originally posted by DisabledVet
The Rothschild's own Israel. The Jewish star is not even a Jewish symbol, but rather the symbol Mayer Rothschild had over his shop.

the star of david? um, yeah, you're dead on there.

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

but this is all off topic. we aren't talking about the star of david, we're discussing the completely wrong opening post and the lovely hatred that followed.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

So being a Jew is simply a matter of faith???...no family...no culture...no blood just faith? I disagree.

Anyway I hope the Palin debate is funny tonite! I like you Cracker! Are some of your best friends Crackers???

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I happen to see a lot more anti-Semitism on ATS than anti-Christianity, and maybe even all other religions except maybe Islam. It kind of doesn't seem fair, because this mob mentality is a tad intimidating. I'm really glad so many people stood up to this thread, because sometimes I try to, but usually I end up being drowned out and golly, sometimes it's just not fair.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Okay folks, get your calculators back out.

Lets see who flipped flopped on this new revised bill, should be interesting...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

is being catholic a race thing? is being muslim a race thing?

being a jew is a religion/faith thing, not race.

saying it is a race thing is saying we are physically different. a different species. is that what you are implying?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join