It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do 9 Of The People Who Voted NO on Bailout Have In Common?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

OH PLEASE!!! Spare us another anti-Jewish tirade...

... there is one legitimate thing that everyone who voted against it have in common... they are up for re-election in hotly contested districts. Those in safe districts voted for it for the most part.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
This isnt a hate thread and please dont derail it.

Derail it? Don't you think that because the entire premise of your post and conspiracy theory was completely wrong that it's sorta derailed itself? I mean, you said "All 100 Jews vote for the bailout" whereas there are only 30 Jews who could have cast a vote and they were split in how they voted - in fact split to pretty much reflect how the rest of their respective parties voted.

So the thread has become meaningless hasn't it?

How about you change the title of the thread to something more accurate, like: "Some Protestants, Catholics and Jews vote for bailout, many don't". Doesn't quite have the same ring does it?

Now watch Luke Duke and I have a nice history debate your more than welcome to join.

No, lets stick to how utterly wrong your OP was.

[edit on 1/10/08 by FatherLukeDuke]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

OH PLEASE!!! Spare us another anti-Jewish tirade...

... there is one legitimate thing that everyone who voted against it have in common... they are up for re-election in hotly contested districts. Those in safe districts voted for it for the most part.

Anti Jewish? Ahh I guess because I am against the Italian mafia and think they are bad people Im anti Italian. How about the Muslim extremists because I dont think to highly of them Im anti Muslim. Sigh

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Yeah, because of all my anti-semitic statements and bigoted verses?

LMAO. Come on.

The sport of basketball is dominated by black people. Am I racist?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FatherLukeDuke

Ahh so you want to come in and make statements like the Mafia Jews didnt fund killing their own and then not back up your statement. I stated in an earlier post to Loam I tried changing the 100 to 30 and it will not let me. The edit button is gone. So you come in here and make statements then when I prove them wrong you dont want to debate them. Sigh. One day Ill be proven right in history. Similar to McCarthy who tried telling everyone our government was hi jacked by the communists it will be known that our government and banking industry was hi jacked by the Jewish version of the mafia, Zionists, or whatever the hell you want to call the clan.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

This isnt a hate thread and please dont derail it.

Um, excuse me??? Wasn't it you who said:

If someone can show me where one voted AGAINST the bailout then please delete this thread and I apologize for wasting server space.

I showed you nine.

This thread title is: "What Do All The People Who Voted NO on Bailout Have In Common?"

You claimed Jews and I've proven otherwise.

So how am I derailing this thread????

Please enlighten me on where the hate is? Where have I advocated for the harm of a group or race or religion?

It's expressed by your reckless disregard for the truth. You began this thread on bogus information and used it to support a premise that Jews in Congress are behind some sort of sinister plot.

Hate does not have to be solely expressed in terms of harm. More of that infantile-paint-by-numbers-logic, I see.

Delude yourself, if you wish. I have no problem identifying IGNORANCE when I see it.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by loam]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

And I gave you a star for that you disproved me wrong on the number. You are derailing it by telling anyone who stars and flag it they are subscribing to hate. I went to your thread about the banana republic though I agree with your thread if I didnt I wouldnt go in and say your pushing hate your just anti americans and must be one of the enemy. Isnt that denying ignorance?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   

reply to post by FatherLukeDuke

Ahh so you want to come in and make statements like the Mafia Jews didnt fund killing their own and then not back up your statement.

Actually it's up to you to prove the Rothschilds funded Hitler -it's your claim. Go on - prove it. Show me substantive evidence.

So you come in here and make statements then when I prove them wrong you dont want to debate them.

So are you trying to derail your own thread now it's been proven utterly worthless?

If you want to debate the funding of Hitler, start a thread, u2u me and I'll be there.

Sigh. One day Ill be proven right in history. Similar to McCarthy who tried telling everyone our government was hi jacked by the communists

Errm, not sure McCarthy and his paranoid theories are looked upon particulary kindly by history. But you carry on mate - one day they shall all speak your name as a prophet!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Oops, should have read the whole thread.

Informative, anyway. s&f

I say leave it up because mistakes happen...it's how we learn.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by mmariebored]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
There are actually 30 Jewish members of the House--1 Republican and 29 Democrats. Nine voted no: Berkley (NV), Filner (CA), Giffords (AZ), Hodes (NH), Kagen (WI), Rothman (NJ), Schiff (CA), Sherman (CA), and Yarmuth (KY).

There are also 13 Jewish Senators -- 2 Republicans, 9 Democrats and 2 Independents.

I believe the party affiliation had more influence on the vote than religion.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Guys, Guys... Everyone relax. I am about as pro-Israel and pro-Judaism as a non Jew can get but even I don't see MBU as antisemitic or spreading hate. He simply started a thread on a subject he felt was interesting but it turned out to be wrong. It would be one thing if he continued on with it and started ranting about Jews but he admitted error. He was simply debunked and he took it gracefully. I don't see an issue needing to be made.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
let's see, change the 100 to 29 and the no votes to 9? is that correct?

what about changing the title, which implies that all the no votes were people of jewish faith

perhaps the title should read:
what do 9 of the people who voted no on the bailout have in common?

of course, by giving the real figures, the whole evil joo aspect of this thread is lost and the bulk of the members talking about which one looks jewish (nice cartoon by the way) and which one has a jewish sounding name makes the majority of you sound like you are sitting around a table in some small town in europe during WWII, trying to figure out which villagers get on the bus and which ones get to live.

so, let me ask you mybigunit, you want me to change the title and the opening post to reflect those figures?
29 jews voted,
9 voted no

do you want me to change the opening post and, therefore, expose the mob hatred mentality of tha majority of the posters in this thread?

if you really want to express the "evil joos own all the money and rule the world" theory, then you would realize that yes votes would have lined the pockets of the zionist masters that control the banking world.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

You can delete the thread as I stated in my original post. I was proven wrong so you can delete the thread. If you dont want to delete it then please correct my 100 to 30 because it wont let me do it. Change put in the main part that 9 did indeed vote against.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
First, I'm not Jewish.

Second, I have a lot of respect for many members in this thread, some are on my "friends" list.

Third, I absolutely feel that the U.S. is too concerned with and supportive of Israel at the espense of our own national interests.

But I still have to say this thread disturbs me. Trying to figure out who is Jewish and who is not by their names? What centrury is this?

I whole-heartedly agree that there is a deep rooted conspiracy related to our current financial crisis as well as our political process. And most certainly as it pertains to our Military Industrial Complex. However, it is perpetuated by greed and a thirst for power which can be found in people of all religions.

Scapegoating the Jewish race is exactly what they tend to use to their advantage in manipulating our Foreign Policy in support of their own interests. Perpetual victimhood.

We need to deny ignorance.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I vote for leaving the thread as it is. It's good demostration of how posters should run some very simple fact checks before starting a thread which makes wild claims. It also demonstrates how many people are willing to swallow BS and embrace ignorance just because it fits their pre-concieved, probably anti-jewish, ideas.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

And you could be right and I havent denied this at all in my thread. I posted already religion could have nothing to do with the big international banking conspiracy that it could be out of greed. Wont get me to deny that. But to throw it off the table doesnt deny ignorance either.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Well, it is widely believed that the Jewish people enjoy superior intelligence. It would appear that they are indeed too intelligent to vote for a 700 billion dollar giveaway to the speculators that caused this crisis.

Your post indicates that this is a conspiracy. Any conspiracy status should be conferred on those that voted "yes" to this undebated mud sandwich.

For a great article on the situation (not regarding "Jews per se" please go to LA Times

Our National resources need to be conserved and specifically directed at targeted relief that will restore liquidity and avert unnecessary foreclosures.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke
I vote for leaving the thread as it is. It's good demostration of how posters should run some very simple fact checks before starting a thread which makes wild claims. It also demonstrates how many people are willing to swallow BS and embrace ignorance just because it fits their pre-concieved, probably anti-jewish, ideas.

Fair enough btw did u get my U2U?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join