It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group shouted at death fall youth

page: 1/
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk

Police in Derbyshire have criticised onlookers who shouted at a teenager who later fell to his death from a shopping centre car park.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Lost for words,i know the family and i seriously doubt that he would have jumped if people were not goading him.
The chanting mob below should be prosecuted and they should have been moved on before it came to this horrible end.
What is this world coming to when a 17 year old is encouraged to jump to his death?
I am disgusted by the people who live in the same town as me.
I hope i get to find out who some of these sick individuals are.
Someone should be held accountable in fact many people should be held accountable.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This is so terrible sad. My heart go out to this youth and the grieving family.

David Bowie wrote this song called "Jump" as a tribute to his half brother Terry, who committed suicide in 1985. I think it should also be a tribute to Shaun Dykes, who only lived to be 17 years old. He had his whole life ahead of him. Perhaps he would have been alive today if it wasn't for the crowd and their comments.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by ziggystar60]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Police in Derbyshire have criticised onlookers who shouted at a teenager who later fell to his death from a shopping centre car park.
Shaun Dykes, 17, from Kilburn, Derbyshire, died after he plunged from the roof of the Westfield Centre in Derby on Saturday afternoon.
Police said he had climbed over a railing on the top level of the shopping centre's car park.
Trained police negotiators spent three hours trying to talk him down.
'Small minority'
A spokesman from Derbyshire Police said they were not helped by the group of people who gathered to watch.
He said: "We are disappointed that people decided to stop and watch, and some people decided to pass comments.
"According to one of the police officers involved it was a small minority of people who were saying things.
"We have publicly condemned anybody who was involved in that side of things."
The dead youth was a student at Heanor Gate Science College.
A post-mortem examination is due to be carried out and Derbyshire Police are preparing a report for the coroner.

So why didn't they remove the said onlookers?
3 hours of negotiators trying to talk to him all ruined in an instant by psycho egomaniac comments being yelled at him.
Why weren't they removed from the scene instantly?
They had professionals here trying to help this kid, and the cops allowed some selfish morons to mess it up?
Why?
Someone should be held accountable for this.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Absolutely,my husband spoke to the family today and i hope to see them pretty soon.
I am presuming that once the shock has worn off they are going to be extremely angry about the way things unfolded and i hope to get in touch with the police and find out why the "mob" were allowed to carry on with their behaviour.
It is like days of olde when people were stoned to death and the like.It`s the same mentality and i am deeply concerned to how the city that i live in has come to this.
I just dont know what i am going to say to his family.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Tracey,

You and the boy's family need to understand that some individuals on this Earth are influenced by demonic spirits. Very likely this is the case with this group of a few that were yelling this. I know you might not want to hear it, but the boy may have been under demonic influence too, "depression" is a demonic condition. I'm NOT saying that if so it was the boy's fault, just saying that depression that leads to a person's death is from the devil. It's not from God.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Depression caused by 'demonic influence'????

The poor lad was suffering, pray for him by all means, but don't call it 'demonic possession'...that is such a medieval attitude toward a neurological imbalance brought on by many different environmental and social stresses and/or phamacological influence

[edit on 30-9-2008 by citizen smith]

[edit on 30-9-2008 by citizen smith]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracey ace

I just dont know what i am going to say to his family.

Tell the family that our hearts to out to them. I hope I can speak for many, many members here at ATS when I say that we are enraged by the conduct of the crowd that gathered to make comments and watch.
Tell the family that they - and Shaun - are in our thoughts.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tracey ace

I feel bad for the living, yourself included having some direct contact with this case. It is sad, but I certainly don't blame anyone there who might have been "goading" him. Unless perhaps if there were someone in the corwd who was the root if his despair, but even there, we are all responsible for our own actions.

*snip*

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 9/30/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
You know,i really don`t know what else to say other than he may have been thinking that no one cared,and this was confirmed by the people shouting.
Compassion and tact costs nothing but some people just cannot help themselves.
I am still under the belief that if those people were not there he may not have jumped.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I am still under the belief that if those people were not there he may not have jumped.

That might very well be true. But it might not have really been those people at all, and instead something that the negotiator did or said.

One thing you can say for sure though, is that if that structure had never been built, he never would have jumped from it. I am not saying that as a joke, but to make a point. That point being that the world is a dangerous place, and we are responsible for our own actions. It was not the job of the police the repress free speech, as horrible as that speech might have been.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Depression caused by 'demonic influence'????

The poor lad was suffering, pray for him by all means, but don't call it 'demonic possession'...that is such a medieval attitude toward a neurological imbalance brought on by many different environmental and social stresses and/or phamacological influence

I didn't say he was possessed. I said the spirit of depression is a demonic influence.

Influence and possession are drastically different.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Tracey,

You and the boy's family need to understand that some individuals on this Earth are influenced by demonic spirits. Very likely this is the case with this group of a few that were yelling this. I know you might not want to hear it, but the boy may have been under demonic influence too, "depression" is a demonic condition. I'm NOT saying that if so it was the boy's fault, just saying that depression that leads to a person's death is from the devil. It's not from God.

For those who DON'T believe in demons, that comment could be taken offensively. To me that sounds like a dark age christian comment.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Jackinthebox...as much as you will recieve flak for your post I have to agree with you. People make choices...their OWN choices..and these days all anyone wants to do is balme blame blame. Noone pushed him, I don't care what anyone said. Just like NOONE forces people to drink, or do drugs, etc....

I feel sorry a family lost their son...but the family needs to blame the only person responsible for this...THEIR SON!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Tracey,

For those who DON'T believe in demons, that comment could be taken offensively. To me that sounds like a dark age christian comment.

I'm not concerned if a person is offended or not, my job is to tell the truth. God did not create us with the spirit of fear and depression. Those are spiritual attacks by demons. They want to keep us in fear, to keep us depressed. I didn't say the boy was possessed or that he worshiped the devil. That's not at all what I said. We are all attacked by fear and by instances where we feel depressed, I'm simply saying that is a spiritual attack on us.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I was in the car park when Shaun was standing on the roof, we were in clear view of him balancing at the edge. It was a traumatic experience being sat in a car only one level below Shaun forced to watch him considering to end his life. The police let us go after around 20 minutes, we got out of the car park before he jumped and drove through the large crowds, ranging from all ages some even with small children, some were so desperate to get a good view they walked straight out infront of our car. It sickens me to think that people in Derby would choose to stand and watch this poor boy, never mind egging him on to jump. What sick minded person wants to watch another person die!?
I've been deeply effected by what happened on Saturday, being present at the time and seeing him so close before he decided to jump really upsets me, i never knew Shaun but can't seem to get him out of my head since it happened, he must have been having a very hard time to consider ending his life but the behaviour of the scum in the crowd certainly didn't help. I am completely and utterly ashamed to admit that i am from Derby if these are the type of people i share my city with.

I hope Shaun is in a happier place now, may he rest in peace.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I don't understand, it appears in the U.K. people can be arrested or reprimanded for any number of tiny politically incorrect slights. Yet yelling "Jump" and inciting someone to commit suicide (which I would assume is against the law in the U.K.) is NOT something that the police can act on? The police should have gotten the mobs away from the scene.

A few summers ago we had a rash of people threatening to jump from freeway overpasses in my city (this would cause thousands of cars to stand still for hours trapped on the highway, because the authorities would not allow cars to drive under the overpass for fear of accidents/injuries from a falling body). In those cases I believe some frustrated drivers did suggest jumping (and I don't blame them, they were being held virtual hostages intentionally by the jumpee, and most never jumped even after hours of threatening to do so) but it does not sound like this mob was in a similar situation.

The police should have forced the onlookers to move on, and locked up those encouraging the act for "inciting violence" or some such thing.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The police where probably applauding the yobs when they got back to there stations. MI5 and MI6 probably want to employ those yobs for gang stalking, so there may be some money for them in the future, as yobs working for the state.

Any of you yobs reading this now, the police pay people to do what you did, its is called gang stalking, and you may get some weapons, like microwave guns to use on anyone you want.

The story just sums up society in england today, and how those yobs are rewarded by society for being absolute trash. Remember any yobs reading this now, mi5 and mi6 need yobs for gang stalking, so you may have a career, lol

[edit on 10/1/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Unfortunately we live in a sick, twisted and Evil world. The devil is programming society from birth to become compassionless evil minions. Nobody has morals or cares to help those in need. It has become a world of self centered self gloating losers.

I try to explain to naïve people that a majority of people are bad. I generalize everyone as bad but am open minded and judge on a 1 to 1 basis. You will truly be able to tell what a person is about by their actions (fruits they produce), not the words they speak with a forked tongue. Look into their eyes and u will see their souls.

It’s truly sad that these people couldn’t relate to the pain and desperation this confused child was feeling. These people should have been there to embrace and comfort him. I have been through rough times as a kid and when there was someone there for me, it made all the difference.

We must realize that things happen for a reason. Say a prayer for him/his family and realize he’s much better off than us. He’s in paradise w/the Lord right now. No more pain fears or worries.

Realize one thing. There is a GOD and these people and every other immoral bastard will pay for their sins. If there was no GOD or SPIRIT residing in me I would sincerely be the vilest person on this planet doing whatever I wanted w/out compassion for any 1 or anything. I know through life experience what’s real and what’s illusion. As the old saying goes ( The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.)

Pray for the lord to strengthen his spirit in us all so that he may guide us in our journeys through life and defeat the armies evil.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by 19DCW71

I agree with some of what you said. I do not believe that many of us are actually born knowing right from wrong, like they tell us. If people really knew right from wrong, they would not be doing what they are doing, and this just showed up this society for what it is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join