It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U. S. UFO Secrecy & National "Security"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
An interesting excerpt from Richard Dolan's book National Security State: An Unclassified History Volume One: 1941 to 1973 titled:

Secrecy about UFOs and Extraterrestrials shows the true colours of an aspiring U.S. Global Empire

The UFO problem is a real one. It has involved military personnel around the world for more than fifty years, and is wrapped in secrecy. Over the years, however, enough pieces of the puzzle have emerged to give us a sense of what the picture looks like. What I have tried to do is very simple: to use as many of those pieces as possible in constructing a clear, straightforward, historical narrative of the UFO problem, focusing on the national security dimensions. Because the subject of UFOs has become little more than a cultural joke, it is important to stress at the outset why it is not a joke, not entertainment, but something worthy of serious attention.

I found the whole article to be a logical, straightforward, and compelling assessment, even though it's apparently an excerpt from an older book.

LINK to entire article.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Heike]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The problem is people being afraid and people thinking that if they show weakness that they will loose control. That's why the cover up of UFOs.

Mathematically we cannot be alone in this galaxy let alone this universe. But the fear of loosing control is so strong that people are afraid. To loose any control that they feel they have over the universe.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hello,

Really when you get down to it, its not the people that are afraid, its the government. It shouldn't be this way and it angers me that it is.

It should be we the people, not us the government . .

We pay taxes to them because they make us and for all they have taken they still are screwing us around and lying to us .
This is not right, We have a right to know about something of this magnitude most certainly .

Its not like they haven't taken lives in the pursuit of lying, snake like control either .

They need to pull there head out, Not only on the UFO and Alien phenomenon, but a lot of other stuff too.

Star and flag Heike.

Omega

[edit on 30/9/2008 by Omega85]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies Wuk & Omega.

Here's the thing that bothers me.

Regarding any question of how the US interacts with other countries (Korea going nuke, human rights violations in China, and so forth) the American people have a say - or at least, they're supposed to have a say - through their representatives. US citizens have the ability to find out what's going on with the foreign relations policy, be informed, and vote accordingly.

As long as the UFO issue is being kept secret, US citizens are out of the loop. We have no say in how incidents are handled. We can't be informed and collectively decide how we think the situation(s) should be addressed, which is what we are supposed to be able to do, through elected representatives.

The implication is that we're too stupid to decide. It's not about fear, necessarily. When the concern was that the Russians were going to nuke us, no one said it had to be kept secret because it would panic the American people. How could UFOs be so much worse than that, really? What's worse than being dead and having the planet under a nuclear winter? So it's not about fear or panic, it's about the perceived competency of the American people. They don't want the public to be able to participate in policy making on that issue because THEY are afraid we can't make the "right" decision. The problem is, whatever the PEOPLE decide is what is supposed to be the RIGHT decision, not what the military or some alphabet soup agency thinks is right.

Whatever happened to government by the people, for the people??

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
UFOs and the National Security State by Richard Dolan is the best UFO book I've ever read. I just finished it yesterday. He told me he's working on Volume 2 which will cover years 1974-present and should be out in 2009.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Thanks for the info! I'll definitely have to go find that book now.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

I agree entirely, best book I have read and he is meticulous in noting his sources. The only small complaint I can come up with is some of the sources are a little dubious, but then they don't underpin his arguments, only certain events that happen.

I am so happy to hear he is doing a second part.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I bet you forgot about this thread OP.

1947: was it really credible that, prior to this, the Americans had secretly discovered a hypersonic anti-gravity technology?

Dolan is great. One of my sticking points is the term anti-gravity technology. The current theory of gravity, where geometry is responsible for force, does not make AG an ideal candidate. I definitely wouldn't call it a misnomer per se, but I think it's a term thrown around much to lightly. Any force which pushes on all matter would suffice assuming the UFO is a solid physical object.

Overall the article is fantastic- But what's with that pic of a Billy Meier UFO?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm aware of Dolan's research, but I have become increasingly skeptical that UFOs are a big 'black' supersecret, just because they appear to be mentioned in intelligence data, which is classified. I made my own thread about this very subject, here on ATS, but it is quickly being rolled down and away, per new threads, so, out of sight out of mind. I am someone who has seen UFOs, then I went into the Air Force, and saw with my own eyes, mention of unidentifieds, in the classified intelligence, during my work in crypto-communications. For years, I held the same belief as Dolan's grand-conspiracy allarmism. Me-thinks Dolan needs to take a calm-pill, before he continues to propagand. (like, "someone stop him, before he writes again!!!) Hehe.....

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by saucerer

If flying saucers did not exist, why does the Air Force and military in general try to debunk them? Why would they care if they do not exist? What about efforts to give disinformation by AFOSI personnel like Sgt Doty?

Too much time to debunk what is not there....

new topics

top topics

join