It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twin Flames

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I do not know if this is the right place to post this thread (if not please mods move it where you think it goes
) - I wasn't sure where to post it

I was wondering what do you guys think of the whole "Twin Flames" subject?- do you believe in it?, have you met your twin? any experience to share?

Note- people generally tend to confuse the two terms (twin souls / soul mates) :

What is a Twin Flame? Twin flames, also called twin souls, are literally the other half of our soul. We each have only one twin, and generally after being split the two went their separate ways, incarnating over and over to gather human experience before coming back together. Ideally, this happens in both of their last lifetimes on the planet so they can ascend together. So you probably haven't had many lifetimes with your twin.

What is a Soulmate? Soulmates are our soul family, the ones we do have many lifetimes and experiences with, who help us grow and evolve, create and dissipate karma. According to ancient wisdom, when the soul is "born" or descended from Source, it is created in a group. The souls in this group are our soulmates, ones who are very like us in frequency makeup.

More information on this, u can go here: www.soulevolution.org...

edit: edit per request

[edit on 10-3-2010 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Oh sure, I believe I already found what would be the most perfect person I would ever find for me.

Too bad that person does not feel the same for me.

So I'll have to pass on this, unless that certain person suddenly seems to care for me as well, then I might agree.

[edit on 30/9/08 by -0mega-]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Are you talking about love?

Or just meeting somebody who completes you in a sense (ie same sex, opposit sex friendships)

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Maybe I already have the other half of my "twin flame" in me and why should each "soul" only consist of a half?

I believe all souls are born complete, but most souls don't grow to realise it and search eternally for what they cannot find anywhere but in a mirror.

It cannot take less than a lifetime to truly understand ourselves.

Peace.

[edit on 30/9/2008 by nerbot]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

Hello there....I've been kinda quiet here recently, just reading and watching, and I love the subject here so I would love to contribute, if I may.

For me personally, and from what I have studied, there seems to be a distinction between twin flames, and soulmates. The links above are pretty accurate in interpreting the space between lives, and lots of research has been done to show that there are very consistent and organised patterns with us all when we access them through regression therapy, or meditation.

I think what confuses a lot of people is that they expect their soulmate to be their one true love, and that there will be only one. We incarnate in groups, from our soul families, with agreements between us regarding what we choos to learn and teach each other in our terrestrial lives together, and in this way, maybe have several soulmates who are prominent in our lives. We may have many soulmates who show up for us.

I would like to add the term "prime soulmate" to this, to signify a soul who incarnates time and time again as a husband, wife or lover...the soulmate we are closest to, and who we learn most of our major lessons from. We may even be each others children or parents where the life in question demands this. There will always be a strong sense of recognition between prime soulmates, a sense of belonging together, even when the relationship is demanding or painful...maybe that's just the lesson we have agreed to teach each other this time.

We also have other soulmates who are maybe less prominent, but who make a difference in our lives, and who we feel particuarly attached to. I know my brother is one of mine. We are very close and intensely psychic, although I have developed this more than he has....he will in the future though, and I think I had to learn first so that I can teach and support him. He has had some really tough issues to deal with, and there are probably more to come for him. He will cope though. I've had regressions done where my partner has been my partner in previous lives too, strangely living in a place very similar to where we are now. Sometimes people move in and out of our lives very quickly to huge effect, and maybe they are also soulmates carrying major lesson for us.

Twin souls...this used to confuse me too, and it took a while for me to understand the difference. Imagine that as you incarnate, another soul, from your group or another, share a piece of who they are, of their energy with you, allowing you to take it with you in your next incarnation. It doesn't take anything away from them, but will lend you the abilities and qualities you need to learn....on loan if you like. I know I've had spontaneous regression experiences that don't belong to me, but to the Twin Soul who imprinted me with some of her energy...I felt her experiences, if you like. I knew they weren't mine, and I apologise for being completely unscientific about this....but if some brave soul could tell me how to measure this, I will give it a go....it's completely subjective, but entirely true.

Another type of Twin Soul seems to be the kind that we have shared experiences with in the past. Again during regression, I accessed lives in the Middle East spent as a priest and embalmer. Many lives, over and over again. A few years ago, I met a man called James where I worked, and instantly we knew who the other was...he was intensely connected to Spirit, and within two minutes of meeting, we were talking about Babylonian astrology...Babylon is where I spent many lives...and about ritual and priesthood. I knew he was my brother priest. Not a normal first conversation at all. Sadly, we got to talk for a few minutes before his wife dragged him away, not realising that she had absolutely nothing to worry about from this mouthy redhead who was examining the Babylonian zodiac tattoo on her handsome husband's shoulder....

Not a true shared soul this time, but close lives, shared experiences, and recognition of each other. I'm sure we will bump into each other some other time. Probably in Tesco, with his wife in tow again!

These are just a few of my thoughts and experiences on this subject, and I would love to hear what others have to share.

Blessings

Cait x

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Hello everyone!-

Omega- sorry to hear about that
still I think that when there's a twinflame encounter- both people recognize it on a soul level. It's impossible not to feel him/her... and feel the longing to be with that person.

Deseis1204- I'm not talking about just "love"- I've been in many relationships and none of them would make the form of a twinflame union.. of course I learnt something from them all... so what I was wondering about... if any of you have experienced it or believe in this special spiritual union.

nerbot- It's not that you are just "half" a soul- let me quote the info on this page here :

Each twin is a complete soul, not half a soul. It is their task to become more whole, balancing their female and male sides, and ideally become enlightened, before reuniting with their twin. This reunion is of two complete and whole beings. All other relationships through all ours lives could be said to be "practice" for the twin, the ultimate relationship.

Caitlinfae- wow! thanks a lot for your input!!-
it's very interesting what you say and your experiences. I've had a few regressions myself... and this lifetime I've some tasks to complete some heavy karmic debts- not supposed to reunite with my twinflame yet
... I still like to dream and think about it. Hehe.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
Maybe I already have the other half of my "twin flame" in me and why should each "soul" only consist of a half?

I believe all souls are born complete, but most souls don't grow to realise it and search eternally for what they cannot find anywhere but in a mirror.

It cannot take less than a lifetime to truly understand ourselves.

Peace.

[edit on 30/9/2008 by nerbot]

The deeper I love the deeper the mirror reflects my love back to me

Finding such a great depth of mirror is something that is discovered in oneself

To find what is known as a twin flame
Is to find (sense) that which goes beyond any reflection

"The divine being-ness"

When two become one ...
Oneness ...
No other ...means with out another reflection

Now here is a funny thing ..when this divine love is experienced

A confusion sets in because the pure sensation of love is then assumed as being attributed to the other

And so a serious great attachment to the other happens ....
and when this person dies or leaves us

That is when our heart is ripped out and shattered beyond repair

"sob"..... my love has gone and left me

yet another person does not necessary experience this great depth of love the same as his/her partner

For everyone experiences their own depth of love
by that which is reflected in the mirror

That is why you cannot make someone love you
For the love that they are seeing is that which is a reflection from within themselves ..and has nothing to do with you

Actually Nerbot said it ....when he/she was speaking about mirrors

everyone is our twin flame ..when it is learned to love so deeply

know thy divine self

It's called enlightenment ....

when this depth is found with in oneself ...
then the mirror will reveal your twin flame to you

for such a beautiful love is with in the very eye of the beholder

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
meeting your twin flame is not all it seems. Its explosive and intense and a hard a bitter relationship. Such intense love, working out seperate karma is difficult. My twin and I met by accident it has been stormy looking at your faults and weakness in the mirror. When thing are good the unsurpassable, when they are explosive watch out it get darn right evil. Trumping each other with misery knowing instictivley what buttons to push. The energy is overwelming. My twin follows the dark path and is resistant to anything I say or teach it is quite frustrating. Plus our seperate karma keeps seperating us across the country and world. We are really miserable then and fight like cats and dogs. We feel each other constantly and are always drawn back together so so many tears from us both. I am here as a lightworker and compulation researcher and writer hes here for the party.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Yes I believe in a "twin flame" relationship. And I have recently found my twin flame, here on earth. The process of reuniting with my twin flame was quite bumpy, lots of tears and tribulations, and trials. But..it was worthed.

The reunion is BLISS. Having your twin flame with you, makes you feel so strong, and able to face anything. The intensity and depth between us is difficult to describe in words. Sometimes its overwhelming.

"Seek and you shall receive". I believe if you so desire your twin flame to reunite with you, then it will happen, in this lifetime.
The whole reunion has a tremendous impact on me, positively. Life is indeed beautiful, every second of it. I realize that every second, every moment, is a beautiful gift.

Ishtar

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I don't know if i completely believe in the twin flames but I do believe some what in the soul mates theory. Let me explain on both...

Twin flame- When I was 13ish I was at a school dance. A friend of mine told me that she had a cousin that looked exactly like me. I mean 100% like me. I was doubtful but she brought him to the dance. When I was face to face with this guy I thought I was looking at a mirror. There was even a moment of something, what I don't know, but that moment felt like time was in a spiral. Not sure I can explain that any other way. The only deference between us was that I was in a metal head/ hippie phase (still am \./(0.0)\./) and he was in a very conservative/preppy phase. Now it's been about 12 years and I haven't ran into this person again but then I haven't had that time spiral effect either. So I am kinda up in the air about twin flames.

Soul Mate- this one I feel a little more positive about. I met my current g/f about 4 years ago. We hit it off right away. I, unknowingly to her, had/have been experimenting with astral projection amongst other hobbies. I felt as though I had met her before. maybe a past life or maybe on the astral realm. Again, I never told her this.

One day she went to a psychic (I am little skeptical about money psychics but that's another thread). About a year later I started letting her into my life as a Wiccan and she was immediately turned onto the religion. She then began to tell me about her visit to the psychic and how she had told her we had met previously in past lives and on the astral plan. Again, I never told her up until that point about OOBE's and such.

So this experience leads me to believe that it is possible to have a soul mate. Maybe it isn't possible for everyone but it is for some. I believe I have found mine. Although I want to say I do love my g/f I think soul mates go beyond love. I think it is about the universal knowledge and growing as a spirit/soul.

Together we have achieved a lot. We share dreams, thoughts, emotions. At the same time we disagree and fight like everyone else. The one think we have that most don't is an understanding that at some point we will part and go our separate ways. This is part of the learning process and we have both agreed to it. Although it may only be when we die that we will part or it maybe tomorrow.

Hope my personal story helps in some way.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The only 'twin-flame' arrangement i ever ran into was the Twin-Flame
aspect as preached by the 'I AM THAT I' AM cult... last headed by Elizabeth Clair Prophet...in my awareness, last known to be up in the Montana, Livingston area
(how far is that away from Bozeman, and the SteveQuayle armageddon retreat?)

The Twin-Flame in that instance had more to do with your-'self'
joining, voluntarily, with a god-head entity...such as St Germaine...

or chanting (the purple or was it blue?) 'Flame' mantra...

thanks,
i don't mean to rain on the parade but as you know 'bliss' is not the state of experience one wants to stay in...forever

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Very interesting post. I guess I would have to admit that I have met my twin flame. His nickname was Mr Sky and he gave me my nickname of Miss Moon.( I have a blonde streak in front of my hair.) But alas I decided to tell him to chase his dreams, he really needed to because he was just miserable where he was and I know he has. This alone made my life worth living.
I suppose it isnt always about whether or not you meet them. but rather if you do the right thing when you do. I dont doubt for one minute we will meet again, but until then I will just hope for the best life for him.

posted on Oct, 30 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Hello guys- thanks for sharing your thoughts and stories

And it's great reading about people who has experienced this kind of reunion.

I've been reflecting on all this, & I realized I REALLY gotta fix some other "business" first. Why hurry things up?- this will eventually happen, sooner or later. Here or THERE. Besides separation is just an illusion.

My ex boyfriend always told me: "Live in the moment! "- yeah. I'm doing this. Focusing on the now. :p

[edit on 30/10/08 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
found this video. Thought the Ats'rs would like it.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Your a LightWorker. I'm an Indigo. Nice to meet you. I have met my twin flame (I saw him before we physically met) also and now I'm being torn because he has left me. We are supposed to reunite in this life.

Before we met, I was completely independent and stable. Now, knowing such a complete all incompassing bliss exist and I have lost it makes me feel completely stranded.

I feel as if I was leaning against a piller only to have it fall from behind me and then the building collapse on top of me so I am now lying on the floor with nothing left and yet somehow remarkably still alive.

In other words, I feel I am literally being crushed and torn. Do you know of anyway I can alleviate/reduce this pain?

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The way I look at it the twin soul can and usually is of the same sex(As with twins in the physical sense). That's when your true twin flame is with you, when you are born as twins. I have met my twin flame and she was my twin in a prior life. I know we will always remain friends, it's also easier to be of the same sex, especially because you can share a love not based on sex/physical attraction. When they incarnate as the opposite sex, than things get a little sticky, complicated, you know? So I beleive that when this happens, it is because you are not ready to be reunited as true mirror images just yet, because you're working out seperate Karmic issues and lessons. Just IMO.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Or you can be born years apart and thousands of miles away yet posses qualities that nearly duplicate each other despite radically different backgrounds. You can posses a connection where one literally feels what the other is feeling emotionally despite physical distance. And you can be the opposite sex, be astoundingly physically attracted to each other yet posses inward qualities that oppose physical gender and socio-specific roles. And you can let things get sticky because maybe sticky isn't so bad if we learn how to have fun with it. To unbind our hooks rather than hang ourselves with them.

Perhaps it is even possible that being a true "mirror image" has nothing to do with the womb we are born from, or the blood in our veins or DNA, but rather it's a "soul" thing. Perhaps some find themselves more "ready" in that they are capable of working out the complexities of a sexual relationship through love rather than learned reactions to instinctive issues.

These are possible too, as well as a great many other sides and perspectives. Because there is not now, nor has there ever been, a set pattern or standard for human existence. Which is why, perhaps, it's all good.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
this is avery interesting supject, although i have never seen anyone that looks like or similar to me, i have however seen people on the other side of the world that look like people i met in the past. for example i lived in south africa for my whole life up until last year and then moved to europe (brussels) and i have had many expireiences with people who look almost identical to people i knew from south africa. one of them even asked if he knew me!
anyways interesting subject!
cheers.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

it is a romantic notion, but wholly untrue.

In my faith, it is believed that our "soul" can inhabit more than one body at a time. Being of godlike abilities, our true selves have the capability to "spread themselves so thin", so to speak.

Perhaps you can meet another incarnation of your true self, but given that we have 6 billion people on Earth, this is not likely.

As well, you may meet an incarnation of a person that you have had affinity for in a previous life, or possibly a "friend" from your true life (the life of your soul while not incarnated here).

I would posit that there is more value to your true self in learning to "get along" with a mate. It teaches quite a bit, honestly, and creates many scenarios which help you achieve your real goal: to no longer need incarnations in this realm.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I like the sound of both hands clapping as well!!
Whole heartedly agree with you that it should not take a lifetime to figure oneself
out.
Keep the senses clear and the trap doors open!!!

Peace...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join