It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This bailout nonsense is so fishy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It came out of nowhere and they are rushing it. Yes things have been on decline in areas like housing and energy which has weighed down the economy but they went from 0-60 overnight.

I think these bankers just want us to cover there losses. We don't get a piece of their profits when they make billions.

Bush is a big spendor and you notice how much his administration is aligned with Pelosi and the democrats. They always want to spend more money.

They have no reason to ask for 700 billion, they just said they wanted a big number because it's a big problem, WHAT???

1. Reduce the size and scope of government and look for ways to reduce that 9 trillion dollar hole we are in.

2. I was watching CNBC who said many people are liking how stronger banks are absorbing weaker banks.

3. We can increase the limit on FDIC insurance.

There's alot of economist out there who could put their heads together and get around this thing.

They tried to ram this down our throats and I'm so glad the people stood up to this.

They will still try to push this. If you notice on some of these stations at the bottom of the screen it says, the stock market is rebounding because they anticipate a bailout.

So the only reason the markets are up is because of the bailout.

If you notice, they are not calling it a bailout now but a"rescue package."

These people in congress are so crooked that they don't even realize it.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
And of course the MSM is making it sound so necessary and good
"Bush warning over bail-out delay"

Edit to remove redundant info already mentioned by op

It's more than fishy, it's clearly evil

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Gamechanger]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Without being too descriptive, I work to verify certain things. When someone rushes me, I put the brakes on. The reason I do this is because when I am being rushed by someone, they are usually trying to pull one over. I stop dead and force the person in question to re-evaluate. This "bail out/ buy in" has been crammed down our necks 2 times now. No matter what, it is a loose loose situation. Are we supposed to believe that there is in fact a crisis of $700B?
The market rocketed to earth yesterday and lost over a Trillion $$.
It was near made up for today and I have no doubt that it will be made up completely by tomorrow. The banking stocks lead the market today, DUH!
By the end of tomorrow, they will have made their money back. because you know that they all got out of dodge before this all happened. So by tomorrow the banking clans will have remade their Trillions $$, what is their responsibility here? They bought low yesterday and sold high today and will undoubtedly do it again and again as long as congress keeps postponing the inevitable bail out plan. By the way, I would love to see which congressmen yanked their monies from which stocks and re invested them during this debacle.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by reticledc]

[edit on 30-9-2008 by reticledc]

join