It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political parties, we do NOT need them!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Party Elimination, you must be wondering what I'm talking about... More of a government restructuring, but a very simple concept...

I'm talking about the current political parties, you know, the republicans, democrats and independents, which, independents, IMO aren't really a party anyway... The idea and basis behind independents is more like what I'm talking about though....

What I'm referring to is the complete elimination of all the parties... 100% unity among them forming 1 single group, no party... Unify all the representatives and work together sharing ideas, working out issues and developing our country together instead of separated... Which is what we are currently... In my opinion...

I mean isn't that what the USA represents anyway? Unity? UNITED States of American... Having parties, which for as long as I can remember, have not gotten along or agreed on much, wastes our hard earned tax dollars by causing stand stills and set backs... Just imagine all the "political" bs we could avoid by not having competition among the 2 sides... Just imagine if people actually talked and agreed to at least disagree and worked to figure out the problem instead of coming to a stand still because one is democrat and one is republican...

Seriously people when are we going to actually work for the betterment of mankind??? I bet we would have flying cars right now if we would have unified our government a long time ago... Just imagine all the current loop holes that are holding us back technologically that we could lift, demolish and rebuild to work, allowing for evolution... Again, in my opinion, I would say we've been held back for a long long time... I couldn't say how long, but I'd say probably about 150 years or more, at least... Maybe even as long as the USA has been a country... It's the United States of American ran by a segregated political system we call democracy... IMO, a democracy can be exactly the same without sides...

I don't know, hopefully some more of you can see my point here, I'm really tired right now so hopefully it makes sense... But this is more or less a plea to everyone to wake up and realize this, that we are being duped and held back... I realized this when I compared 2 video cards together, one was top of the line 500 bux the other was 100 dollar last year card, the performance increase is nothing, not much, which makes me feel like I wasted my time waiting for the "new" technology... At this point in time I am expecting some serious increase in technology, among other things and I'm not seeing it... It's like we have the equivalent to writers block only we have evolution block... I mean ya, things get a little better, but basically everything maintains the same purpose... Cars would be another example of this... Cars have been the way they are since they were dreamed up... Nothing much more we can do with the 4 wheel vehicle, yet every year there is a "new" model... It's the same stuff people!!!! Everything is the same, technologically for the most part... And the problem lies with our government structure... Unfortunately we are spreading this structure around the globe... =(

Anyway, I'm bout to pass out, hope some more of you have been thinking about this too... And honestly, i wouldn't be thinking this if it wasn't for Obama and McCain... They do not like each other, that is apparent and it's because they are on opposite sides... It's so clear it's almost pathetic... Alright, bye for now.. =)

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Nice pipe dream.

Unfortunately, the utopia you describe can never exist. What's more, I'll pray that it doesn't.

Let me explain why.

I’m a man of convictions. Conservative convictions. I’ll stand by what I believe to be right no matter what, but not at the expense of my country. I find liberalism to be a disease, and as such, I have no intention of working with it to advance it’s agenda. If that means things don’t get done sometimes, so be it. We are all never going to get a long, it’s just not meant to be. I’m sick of people talking about “reaching across the aisle”. All that boils down to is compromising your beliefs and principles. I will do neither.

The only way I'd ever support party elimination, is if everyone agreed to be Conservatives.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

I totally agree with you. I have been flying this flag for many years. I believe to many politicians are elected purely because they belong to this party or that party and not because they are credible or capable.

Party voting preferences are usually instilled in families for generations eg." My family has voted Republican for the last 50 years..." etc. By voting for who your parents vote for takes away personal responsibility.

Party base politics also encourages "cronyism". "Jobs for friends" etc.

Originally posted by nyk537
Nice pipe dream.
...All that boils down to is compromising your beliefs and principles. I will do neither.
The only way I'd ever support party elimination, is if everyone agreed to be Conservatives.

Hahahahaha, nyk, you must be having a joke! If you belong to a political party you are often forced to support something you don't like! So that is what I would call "compromising your beliefs and principles".

Eliminating parties forces candidates to take responsibility for their actions, and that trickles down to the voters. And you would only support Conservatives? I am sure there would be plenty of them in a non-party system.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn
Hahahahaha, nyk, you must be having a joke! If you belong to a political party you are often forced to support something you don't like! So that is what I would call "compromising your beliefs and principles".

Not true.

I didn't say everyone become a Republican, I said Conservative. Conservatism is not a political party. It's an ideology. Big difference.

I'm registered Republican but don't consider myself one.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

As it is now peoples opinions are swayed by the current setup because people will base their decisions on what their party believes... Even I have voted republican because I am republican... I don't even know who half the people are i vote for so I vote republican because I'm republican... So you see right there without parties you would have to take more interest in the election process so you know who will be better for whichever position you're voting on... That is a good thing don't you think? Instead of being motivated by party they are motivated by who would be best for the job... Even if someone randomly voted at least you'd know in the end they would all be on the same team working together as 1 team instead of working against each other as 2 or 3... And it's not a pipe dream, it's actually a very simple concept that would be rather easy to implement... Almost as easy as announcing it on TV, oh btw, parties have been abolished, but everything else remains the same... have a nice day...

Literally everything could remain the exact same just no parties... I don't see how you think that could be a pipe dream... A pipe dream is the bridge to nowhere in Alaska... That is a pipe dream... Not this concept..

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
perhaps this will sink in perhaps it won't.There is no two party system in this country.There is one party the corporate party.The corporate party has two branchs the democrats and the republicans.Both branches are nurtured and fed by big corporations.The dems are loyal to thier favorite industrial complex and the republicans to thiers.The fighting and bickering are all for your benifit.
When push comes to shove what happens?70% of the people wanted an end to this war so they elected democrats to end it.How did that work for you?The people do not want this bailout.Those up for re-election and republicans who need to break with Bush stopped it.However it will go through in one form or another.The federal reserve bank is behind this crap just like they were behind the great depression.It makes no difference to the fed which one of the branches wins the election they win anyway.You do not hear Obama nor do you hear McCain saying get rid of the fed.Third partys are locked out of the process by corporate grip on the media.Corporations control this country.Think about this for a minute.

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to the Secretary of the Treasury Albert Gallatin (1802)

Jefferson was probably the most intelligent president we've ever had yet few people read this and think about it as it applys to what we're seeing today.So as far as your one party idea that's all we have the corporate party.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I agree with the last post, but have you seen the latest debates and how McCain and Palin are acting? It's almost embarassing to watch McCain or Palin talk anymore... The type of bickering they are doing will not benefit anyone... We have a lot of issues right now that need to be covered and it seems McCain is only interested in personal attacks on Obama... McCain will not get my vote and quite frankly he has lost all my respect as well...

If we didn't have sides do you think we'd still have the same bickering? I mean if you're gonna bicker at least bicker with facts and cover the issues at hand... Know what I mean...

I still feel we'd be better off without the 2 parties...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

First, the US is 'officially' a Democratic Republic by founding, not a Democracy. A Direct Democracy is what Ross Perot would have wished upon the nation.
Next, lets see how to combine this from your description. How about a Meritocratic Democracy. By definitions, this would imply that the best people for the job would be elected by the people to serve as their voice of government. No party lines need be created, rather just have people jockey for the job, present their "resume" for lack of a better term, and then let the people decide.

I just dont think the corporate and economic leaders of any nation on the planet is going to allow corporatism to fade. Everyone will be slave to the coin or left out in the cold to freeze.

top topics

join