It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brainwashing at its best ..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Elaborate on how schools are nothing more than "liberal" indoctrination clinics? Please, educate us.

Peace

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This is brainwashing causing brainwashing. Seeing little kids sing happy songs tells your subconscious mind the same thing the commercials for everyday things do.
"You need this"
"You are inferior without this" and
"Everyone else is doing it"
The only difference is he paid some scum to get a kid to sing on camera and she will probably remember it the rest of her life.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

This is probably best suited for another thread, as it's not the intent of the OP.

However, I believe they are because by and large I find educators (especially at the college level) to be liberals. I went through 5 years of college at 2 different universities and never had a single conservative or even moderate professor.

We were taught about the evils of Bush and his cronies. We were taught that liberalism was the way to "world peace" (whatever that is). The times I did speak out against these things, I was quickly humiliated and ridiculed by my professors and peers. I even failed my political science class for writing a paper denouncing liberalism.

Mine is not an isolated case either.

That's all I'll say in this thread so as not to derail the topic at hand.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
"He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future."
Adolf Hitler, speech at the Reichsparteitag, 1935

They'll probably run this during Sesame Street

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
reply to post by Dr Love

This is probably best suited for another thread, as it's not the intent of the OP.

Then you probably shouldn't have mentioned it in this thread.

I agree, let's stay on topic.

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
reply to post by scientist

I HIGHLY doubt that children at their age would develop an interest in politics, especially all in one school, without a strong influence from the parents.

exactly. you know what else kids wouldn't develop an interest in, if it weren't for parents?

- hygiene
- sharing
- language
- math
- culture
- etc.

for example, children that grow up in a household that is ignorant to politics - will be ignorant. Whether it's indoctrination or just open-ended education, either is preferable to ignorance. Call me naive, but I would rather have brainwashed society than a brainless society.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

I HIGHLY doubt that children at their age would develop an interest in politics, especially all in one school, without a strong influence from the parents.

exactly. you know what else kids wouldn't develop an interest in, if it weren't for parents?

- hygiene
- sharing
- language
- math
- culture
- etc.

Are you serious? Are you trying to make a point?

How about adding every other conceivable subject to that list of interests, "if it weren't for parents"....

Hygiene - a necessary part of survival
Sharing - a necessary part of survival in a community
Politics - Ugh, yeah not that important
Language – pretty important, goes without saying
Math – the fundamental rule of the universe
Breathing
Eating

Politics is not in the top 10 list of important things to teach to kids. Children don't need to know about politics - they do that when they're teenagers.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

You're naive. The society is being brainwashed to be brainless.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

- hygiene
- sharing
- language
- math
- culture
- etc.

for example, children that grow up in a household that is ignorant to politics - will be ignorant. Whether it's indoctrination or just open-ended education, either is preferable to ignorance. Call me naive, but I would rather have brainwashed society than a brainless society.

Myself and my siblings were braught up without politics or religion, I consider myself a very lucky dude. I will admit to have been called ignorant but that was by my ex wife who I choose to ignore.

It is true what you say "children who are braught up in ignorance of politics will be ignorant" that is, they will be ignorant of what their not informed of .
This is a far cry from being indoctrinated with the views and beliefs of others in relation to a political mind set.

I take it that you had no objections to small children singing the virtues of of the Aryan master race?

Given that you seem to relish a society of brainwashed children, are we to assume your either a Catholic Priest or a Scientologist ?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I never posted a Youtube video before...hope it works.

This is just creepy!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

I was using a bit of a hyperbole with that list, since this thread is obviously an exaggeration as well. These kids are singing a song about Barack Obama, and you are calling it "Brainwashing a its best," as if this song were a fraction as influential as the rest of the crap pushed into their soft skulls at that age.

My point is that, i find it amusing that you consider an active interest (no matter how superficial or imposed), within the context of children smiling and singing, as some sort of horrendous offense, and a glaring example of brainwashing.

Please, spare us the alarmist tone.

Where's your outrage over this?

community.mccainspace.com...
or this

"Obama is going to take all your toys away!"

[edit on 30-9-2008 by scientist]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
if you watch tv then your binging brainwashed most people get there info from tv.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
It may be ok to teach your children a little about politics, but from an open mind, without a matter of fact decision. This is not the case in the disturbing video from the OP. This is indoctrination at a young age. Reminds me of my days of singing these songs in church, ya know, when my parents tried to brainwash me into salvation.

Politics should be taught from the ground up. Lay out the rules, the branches of government, the constitution, the bill of rights, etc. Then let them make their own decisions from their life's trials and tribulations. Don't teach them to sing praises to a presidential candidate.

As a big fan of Ron Paul, I would be sickened even if these children were singing praises to Paul.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Im all for peace and freedom but this is beyond disturbing. This song is being ingrained into those childrens minds as they repeatedly learn and sing these subliminal words and they want to get it out to the media who use those tactics themselves LOL. Definate brainwashing.
They should be singing about love, peace and revolution not political drama. There should be a big revolution coming up in America soon right? , since the depression may be on the fore.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by meadowfairy]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
So I saw this and I could barely watch the whole thing. I counted the word "change" is said 23 times. I sent a copy of this to limbaugh not because I support him but I know it will be entertaining to hear him rant about this on his show.

The Kim Jong Ill link was a great comparison a couple posts up from mine. amazing how similar they are!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Where's your outrage over this?

or this

Also wrong and disgusting, if you ask me.

(one liner, sorry)

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
OK, that was just creepy. They won't let my child say any prayers in school, but they can praise a wanna be like he was higher than God himself? Please, politics has no place in elementary school. Half of them probably don't even know who Obama is.

Oh, and the McCain video is even more disturbing.

[edit on 9/30/2008 by secretstash]

Vote for Chuck Baldwin!

Official Site

[edit on 9/30/2008 by secretstash]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SGSPatriot

I am a United States citizen, and while this video deserves to be filed deeply in the "propaganda" folder, Look at our alternative to voting for Obama.

McCain is part of the same crowd that is currently in the white house. The current president STOLE the presidency (proven fact now, both elections).

Yes, the people here in the U.S. will force our government to change, but under the current administration, we can almost be certain of a military response, or being labeled as domestic terrorists. I mean, we're either "with him or against him" when it comes to Bush right?

If we are able to prevent the election from being stolen again this year, we will have a much easier time using our voices to force change with Obama.

If not, and our system spirals further out of control, our constitution gives us the right to bear arms... hopefully it won't come to that, and if it did, it would be a few years down the road...

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
When I was about ten, I had to sing "Fifty Nifty United States" in a grade school assembly and it creeped me out. These sorts of things are organized torture for all involved, except lunatic parents.

Don't see much difference.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I REALLY want to see what this fuss is about, but when I click the link, I am told this is a "private" vid...

How can I see this piece?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join