It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

members of the public are not automagically stupid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This is a bit of a rant. For the last few days, the mainstream media has inundated the airwaves with reports of the publics complete ignorance of the financial crisis. While the midwest and northern parts of the country were transformed into the rust belt a number of years back, we were told to get over it. While jobs more recently have been shipped to India, China, etc., we have been told to get over it. When the social security which we have paid into over the years ceases to exist in the near future, we will be told to get over it.

I have no concern for the plight of wealthy people who are finding it difficult to keep their yachts fueled. Get over it.

The financial crisis that is occuring is not a mystery to me, it is rampant greed from people who think life is a sporting event.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The reason the public is generally ignorant of what is going on is because we are never educated from those who know.
They could show us how its done and how everything works so we would have a good idea but that would foil there plans to deceive us into paying them 17% of our paychecks.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'm new to the blog ,I agree with Snift,if given no information it's hard to make a good decision and it's easy to think that the informed are stupid. I would like to say that remaining uninformed ,is stupid,as most people have the tools needed to get the information they need

join