It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The god-man is here.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
That sure makes a lot of sense but can you proove it.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I don't prove or disprove religion. It's just there. I leave it alone. I don't care to much about it. The Bible is a book like any other. It takes up space on the shelf. I was told one thing regarding that fruit and its works for me. I thought I would pass it on to others, maybe it'll work for you too.

Are these difficult concepts to grasp?

Make no law respecting the establishment of religion. That means if someone comes to your court and religion is the topic the case is immediatelly dismissed. No conversation takes place.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I'm afraid you are misinformed on a number of facts. The Bible is clear that God did send His Son as a sacrifice to pay for the sin of all mankind (John 3:16-18). There are a great many passages that explain this and why, for instance Romans 3:23 & 6:23. We need a Savior because we can not meet God's standard of perfection ourselves. Then how are we saved from our sin?

He had to come to show the way, because nobody knew it. And by showing you the way, he showed you have to save yourself from your sins. If Jesus has no sin, and you have sin. If you are to be saved from sin, then how will you act? Will you be following symbolism around, doing the opposite of what Jesus said, or will you be following his path?

Part of that path is not to become the evil yourself. In order to show that, he had to let them kill him. To show people the truth, and that there was nothing to fear. And for that reason, he died on the cross for your sins.

Romans 10: 9-10, Ephesians 2:8-9, Jesus death was the price He paid for my (and everyone else's) sin. God is Holy & Perfect and cannot abide sin in His presence and we can not pay for our own sins, so He chose to provide a perfect sacrifice- God the son. If we accept Jesus' sacrifice in our place God declares us righteous (John 1:29) God gives us a choice, to receive His gift or reject it. We don't remember His death and celebrate His resurrection & victory over death.

Jesus says those who truly believe will follow the path. He also says many will do things in his name, and he will say to them - I know you not. Because it's about the message and path, not to believe in the image.

You are right that Christ showed us how to live but He was rejected by mankind (John 1:11). I agree with you that 'religion' is worthless and ignorance is the enemy. Religion is human centered- trying to 'do something' to impress God with ceremony and ritual. God demands faith (I Samuel 16:7) and that comes from God's word- the Bible (Romans 10:17). Don't take my word for it search the Scriptures for yourself.

The bible is the word of god in the same way Shakespeare is. It is written by god, because WE are god. Our consciousness is the god in us. This is how we are all connected, and at the end of that connection is source/god(the sum of all consciousness).

Just as John 14:20 says:

"At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you."

The evil in this world tries to make us not see that connection. And it tries to get you to give it control over yourself, which is to question gods(your own) authority.

Jesus talks about the god inside you, and how the truth will set you free. The church worships image, tells you god is separate and that you need to come worship them every Sunday and donate money.

And now, just like magic the dogma between seeking knowledge and not questioning gods authority is gone. Why treat your neighbor as you? Because it is also god. Respect them as such, and honor their free will(authority) and you will also have yours.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfain
Religion is the fruit from the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. God put the tree in the Garden, but we were never supposed to consume it.

He didn't say destroy it. He didn't say develop a philosophy of it. He didn't say interpret it. He didn't say hate it. He just said don't eat it, better yet, don't even go near it.

Just leave it alone, let it be. Is that so hard?

The story is about gaining knowledge, not just religion. How do you understand the difference between hot and cold? You have to experience them both. You could always be hot, you could always be cold, but you could not understand the difference between them.

If you're here, then you've already done it. God even says - you will become like gods, knowing both good and evil. So it's a bit late to play ignorant. At this point, you're going to have to learn those differences, and then make the choice to do good.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfain
Religion is the fruit from the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. God put the tree in the Garden, but we were never supposed to consume it.

He didn't say destroy it. He didn't say develop a philosophy of it. He didn't say interpret it. He didn't say hate it. He just said don't eat it, better yet, don't even go near it.

Just leave it alone, let it be. Is that so hard?
You know, now that you said that, it makes me want to interpret it and, develop a philosophy. Leave it alone? Why do you think eating from a forbidden tree is worthy of being banished from the garden? Because its not!!

Lets see, correct me if I'm wrong but these parables were written to try and make an idiot happy. Are you an idiot? If not, then think about it. Knowledge in biblical terms means to know, to do the mamba with someone. And in this case, it must of been a doozie, because it got us "all" thrown out of the garden.

Eating a apple? PLUEEESSSEE forgive me.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
in my opinion i would say this thread is nothing but a rant.
But i do see what your getting at and..
this is why i attend a non-denominational church.
my church officials don't claim that god gave them any power.
they claim that it was a path that they felt they had to take- to help other people. just like a musician says music is something they had to pursue.
i agree that there are forms of chrisianity that are a too contradicting for my likings.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Mark 10:25
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Does this not make you wonder about how the Vatican, with wealth beyond imagination, ties with governments throughout the globe, political and religious influence above all powers, control of it's denomination of follwers and the reitteration through centuries of tradition and rules - (which change from time to time) - and the words Pope and Catholic are nowhere to be found in the biblical cannons, yet, they teach Papal Infallibility, political supremacy, de facto rulers, the full range of apostolic powers that Jesus had first bestowed on the apostle Peter, and other assumed powers including the Vicar of Christ.

So basically, a Pope supposedly is God (by proxy), and has authority to grant here on earth things that only God has authority to bestow. Forgiveness of sin is one of them.

I have two perceptions of the Roman Catholic Papal State, or the sovereign Vatican State.

One, is that it's origins and authority are all true, because the spirit of God was guiding every decision through councils and the scriptural Cannons are in the form that God intended.
This perception or "theory", is along the lines of "truth is stranger than fiction".

The second, that it is all a charade, or a psychodrama if you will. An invention of power crazed con men that manipulated the populus of the world to achieve complete authority and control of men and their minds, then sustained that control through any means neccessary, including but not limited to breaking every commandment of God, including changing the commandments of God in the time of Moses, themselves.

They did this by deleting the 2nd commandment; (Exodus 20: 4-6) -
You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand [generations] of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Poof ---Gone.

Then they changed the 4th commandment;
Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD your God: in it you shall not do any work, you, nor your son, nor your daughter, your manservant, nor your maidservant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger that is within your gates: For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
to the 3rd commandment, a shortened version:
Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day.
Changing the sabbath day to Sunday rather than keeping Saturday (the true sabbath day) holy, as was commanded by God.

Then, they shortened the 5th commandment, (now the 4th commandment, leaving out "that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee."

Then, to disguise the deletion of the 2nd commandment, they split the 10th commandment;
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's. -

Into two using it as the 9th;
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife.
and the 10th;
Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's goods.

So, I wrestled with this by trying to relate the change as not to cause harm, but to synchronize the day the State allowed workers to rest by moving the sabbath so there was harmony rather than conflict between the State and the Roman Catholics.
Seems like a reasonable cause. Even one that Jesus may have agreed with, since he himself was caught breaking the laws of the old testiment.

After all, wasn't Jesus here on earth to change the way old testiment law had played out? It makes sense. Anyone with knowledge of hygene today can realize that some of the old testiment laws were commanded for the health and well-being of the people.
Sending people with sickness out of the population was in fact a way of controling the spread of disease. So was the diet allowed. Even the forging of metals, and contruction were layed out in a schematic fashion.
It makes sense to change the structure of laws and update them so the needs of a more civilized world have spiritual growth that advances along side technical and social growth.

So, the enigma is that it makes sense.
The dogma is that it is all a tool to become Masters of men. Using techniques that have proven effective. Good vs. Evil, Turn the other cheeck, repent you sinners - (some Popes exchanged forgiving sins for cash, and had price lists for the costs of specific sins, including an option to pre-pay for forgiveness of sins not yet committed.)

This perception or "theory", I call the smoke and mirrors mastery of manipulation, "sucking a golfball through a garden hose" which is on the lines of; fiction that is stranger than truth is nothing other than fiction exposed.

To summarize, I believe that God-man is either true, or the greatest ongoing con game to ever exist.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by fox_3000au
I am by no means religious, nor have I read the Bible but,

"Jesus was another man turned into a god"

That was something that stuck out like a sore thumb when I read this thread. Am I wrong in questioning this of a person that was raised a Christian?

You're not catching his drift, amigo.

He is instating that many humans have had a god-like entity, perhaps pre-gods or sub-gods, or just very spiritually awakened people. Haven't you heard of Dieaniesis, the Egyptian god that performed mass miracles whom was also born on December 25th?

I will guarantee there we're humans with superhuman abilities with spiritual intellect far beyond our comphrehension capacity, do some research brother. God is nor man nor woman nor creature nor any form of material or unicellular organism or electricity or anything you could possibly fathom, God may in fact not exist, but god as a being being eternity - irrepelicable, at any given state, God is a supreme concious/unconcious balance.

Yin and yang.

So indeed, there are two Gods in my opinion. Good and Evil.

Read some Richard Bach.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienGhandi

Or is there 1 god, and part of intelligence and knowledge is 2 sides? To know both good and evil? Can't hot hot without cold.

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
"Men create gods after their own image, not only with regard to their form but with regard to their mode of life." -- Aristotle

As true today as it was two thousand plus years ago.

<< 1   >>

join