It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana Father Kills Sex Offender Who Broke Into Home

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Most child molesters were molested themsleves as children. Keep in mind too though, that there is actually a big difference between a pedophile, a child-molester, and a genuine rapist. Rapists don't really care who their vicitm is, but kids make easy targets. Pedophiles on the other hand, aren't driven by a need to harm their vicitms, but instead actually try to identify with them. If they actually do take the step to become a child-molester that is. Not all pedophiles offend.

[edit on 9/30/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid LunacyThe one that rapes children his or her whole life, probably doesn't view their actions as wrong. They probably just feel it's something they are supposed to do, and therefore 'right' for them. This isn't a rational decision, it's them feeding their pathology. It's mental illness.

Oh I am sure plenty of the ones that molest kids believe the kids agreed to it, and it "wasn't really hurting them". But knives and ropes rule out thinking it was "really consensual and people just don't understand".

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Good for the Dad.

The sicko got what he deserved... What did he expect?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
But knives and ropes rule out thinking it was "really consensual and people just don't understand".

Of course if you read all my posts, you would know I am not at all trying to appease this...

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

Most child molesters were molested themsleves as children. Keep in mind too though, that there is actually a big difference between a pedophile, a child-molester, and a genuine rapist.

The difference between those to society is merely how their thoughts manifest into actions. Again, we shoot the rabid dog, then study the root cause.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

Most child molesters were molested themsleves as children. Keep in mind too though, that there is actually a big difference between a pedophile, a child-molester, and a genuine rapist. Rapists don't really care who their vicitm is, but kids make easy targets. Pedophiles on the other hand, aren't driven by a need to harm their vicitms, but instead actually try to identify with them. If they actually do take the step to become a child-molester that is. Not all pedophiles offend.

[edit on 9/30/0808 by jackinthebox]

While I agree mainly with Sonya610 on this issue I think that is a good distinction, however I think everyone in this thread is mainly commenting on those who do offend, those who have, like this man, been convicted as sexual offenders.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Well then i guess we can just kill them. I was just trying to be a little nicer today.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The guy totally deserved it.

Good for the father.

I wonder how this case would have gone differently if the offender was an illegal alien?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Perhaps we can come to a mutual agreement by castrating them and then beheading them?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I haven't read much about how effective castration would be, but I honestly think it would be pretty effective in a lot of cases. This business about it "not being sexual so it doesn't matter" seems like a lot of spin.

If they have NO sex drive a lot of them are going to lose interest in many of these pursuits, plus the massive drop in testoterone is going to have to improve their temperaments at least a little.

I think they don't want to use castration for another reason.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
[archive.salon.com...

Berlin points to a well-known study conducted in Scandinavia over a 30-year period that demonstrated significant results. Among the more than 900 sex offenders in that country who underwent surgical castration, the recurrence of sexual offenses was less than 3 percent. This is a staggering figure when compared with some American studies showing that as many as 50 percent of sex offenders who are released commit similar crimes again. Yet statistics on the subject are few and far between.

Of the 50% of American offenders that reoffend, that is only counting the ones that get caught!

Interesting article. It also says some states are hesitant to put offenders on chemical castration because it is so expensive, they worry the offenders will end up on welfare so they can get it at no cost.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Why should the father be ashamed , was he supposed to wait for this nut to rape his daughter, don't think so. A man's home is his castle , and at 3am or whatever time of the day has every right to defend his family and home by whatever means he has at hand.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
This business about it "not being sexual so it doesn't matter" seems like a lot of spin.

Again, I think you are attributing way too much rational and sane thinking to them. They (the repeated violent sex offenders) are the way they are because they are not rational and sane.

Honestly, if you think about it. Look at the statistic you just posted about the 50% repeat (and like you said, that's just the ones that are caught).

A rational and sane person would cease these actions after extensive prison time. They repeat and repeat because this isn't an issue of sex drive. It's an irrational pathology that transcends a rational sex drive.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid LunacyHonestly, if you think about it. Look at the statistic you just posted about the 50% repeat (and like you said, that's just the ones that are caught).

A rational and sane person would cease these actions after extensive prison time. They repeat and repeat because this isn't an issue of sex drive. It's an irrational pathology that transcends a rational sex drive.

First of all the article I posted said there was a 3% reoccurance rate after surgical castration. that sounds pretty darn effective to me.

Secondly, I have no idea how you define a "sane" person but in the legal sense a sane person is one who knows right from wrong. They are sane, they know what they are doing, and they don't care.

But hey, you have your opinions and you have that right.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
i hope the family of the sex offender doesnt sue.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

You need to reread the article. He was killed in the hallway near the daughters room. I'm resisting the temptation to tell you what I think you are.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

He was naked. He was in or near the girl's room. Sounds like the intent is rape.
Should the father be ashamed? NO! If it had been my daughter the sob would have been praying for death before I got through with him. We let too many criminals walk the streets to break the law again and again. This man deserves a Presidential award!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
to the father....

i salute you, may you and your family prosper uninterupted

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join