It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meat must be rationed to four portions a week

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Global warming is real..

That said, stupid solutions like this aren't going to do anything about it. There are a lot of other, more intelligent things we could be doing instead. things like switching from petrol, back to alcohol. using hemp for more things, instead of wood, cotton and synthetics.

There are better things we can be doing.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

the air car for the win!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
And the lunacy continues.

Honestly, how many people can still believe this GW garbage? It's insane!

I'll be increasing my daily intake of meat and milk from now on by the way.

I seriously hope not. Nowdays milk and meat are full of growth hormones that give you manboobs.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
If global warming is a hoax then what is causing all these climate changes?

if it's a hoax explain the artic?

I personally believe, the Earth is just going through its Natural Life Cycle... That it heast up, and Cools down, and heats up, and cools down. Just like say: the seasons over the course of one year. Except I believe the Earths "Cycle" stretches over a few thousand/ish years.We just happen to be hanging out in the "Summer Season".

So my question is... If Globla Warming ISN'T a hoax, and WE are responsible for it....then WHO was responsible for the OTHER natural Disasters that happend long before Carbon Emissions....? The Last Flood, or the Last Ice Age (leaving Religion out of this, as I'm looking at this purely from a Scientific Point of View..)...? Who was responsible BEFORE all this...The Dinosaurs?? Mind you, I personally don't believe they ever drove cars - but its entirely possible - I wasn't around back then.

- Carrot

PS. Be sure to look for my rations on Ebay, I also don't eat meat, and I don't drink Milk - so the highest bidder gets it. Please, only serious inquiries only.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Calcification of the Pineal Gland is the norm in ALL adults. It shrinks after puberty and then calcifies.

did it ever occur to you that all of us have been consuming things that calcify our pineal glands throughout all of our lives? i've heard that calcification of the gland is typical in adults, but haven't most adults, for the last century or so, had HORRIBLE diets? ...especially when you eat meat all your life, and ingest fluoride on a daily basis. if it was common knowledge from a young age that a healthy diet, free from fluoride, could prevent calcification of the pineal gland, i don't think anyone would have problems with it hardening. also, take into account water fluoridation, sodas, and anything else that contains fluoride, and notice most medical records on the pineal gland we have are from the recent fluoridated past.

i'm really curious as to where you heard that calcification of the pineal gland is a natural occurrence. the reports i come across that say that, mention nothing of the patient's diet. for most people today, consumption of soda, meat, and fluoridated water is the norm, so "naturally" everyone's pineal glands are gonna calcify. ...and then there's the legal/illegal drug use by the self-medicating masses, which also calcifies your "third eye".

believe me, i wish i was making this stuff up! please prove me wrong! i'm not trying to sound rude, but i want the truth too!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mateandbucky06

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
I am absolutely dumbfounded at how many people continue to buy into the myth of Global Warming. Even more troubling is seeing it continue to be used as a tool for mass control & coerced behavioral change.

So what your saying is that the giant icebergs are melting and making sea levels rise because its cold? Yeah global warming what fraud.

i've heard that global warming isn't causing the ice bergs/sheets to melt - it's the superheated water from deep below, emitted by volcanic vents. check out submarine and subglacial volcanoes!

i've also heard that something like 90% of the earth's volcanoes reside under the oceans? i can see how a heated current can slowly melt away an ice sheet...

there are plenty of intelligent threads here on ATS about global warming - how the sun's getting hotter, made worse by our fossil fuel pollution - but as for meat being a contributing factor? lol ...right

we could even be headed for another ice age, too!!!

[edit on 1-10-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by oconnectionOk firstly the population of the world could fit in the size of Texas, I don't the whole idea that were running out of room nonsense. Secondly populations mass around population centers ie: cities, normally around large bodies of water. [edit on 30-9-2008 by oconnection]

We could fit all the people into an area the size of Texas, but did you stop and do the math? Square miles in Texas: 268,601. www.enchantedlearning.com...

World population, estimated September 2008: 6,725,000,000 en.wikipedia.org...

That comes to about 25,037 people/square mile. NO thanks.

Hong Kong has one of the most concentrated populations on Earth at 18,176 people/square mile. www.infoplease.com...

At more that six and one half billion, I think we've bred enough humans. There are more than twice as many people on Earth today as when I was born. If we cut back on breeding we would have to cut back less on consumption. I'm not ready to give up my rib eye cooked over a nice pecan wood fire, and I love my 3 acre human-free "buffer zone"!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
regardless of the truth or fiction of global warming it is going to get to the point where the resources can no longer sustain the explosive consumption of the human race, especially with huge emerging middle classes in china and other parts of asia.

reply to post by TheWalkingFox

speaking of switching farm animals why not the easier to swallow switch from cows back to buffalos, animals with higher protein and leaner meat that are made to eat the native grasses and plants. At least here in america it would make much more sense to me.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Hello!

New guy here with first post -

I gave up on BEEF 15+ years ago and I don't miss it, not even a little.
How many Cows are there in just the States alone? I think it's safe to say
the number is in the millions. COWS in mass produce TONS and TONS of Methane.

Methane = Bad

Global Warming is a "Catch-Phrase" the actual name would be AIR POLLUTANTS.

These Air Pollutants don't just "go away" they stay.

And the effects are clear.

www.epa.gov...

www.umich.edu...

For the sake of simplicity I'll only mention "Cattle Mutilations" and "Mad Cow".

Both of which are still here...

Good Luck!

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I tend to the Supermarket for my meat and produce. I believe in hunting, but I myself am not a hunter. However, if they begin some ludicrous rationing based upon idiotic lies, I will be the first person running outside gunning down a deer. Everyone has different dietary needs, so to lay down a blanket restriction which would directly impact individuals health is as selfish as it gets. Not to mention that this blanket restriction is based upon a THEORY, meaning an idea which has not even been proven factually sound as of yet.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAgentNineteen

not to mention, if there's no meat or dairy, people will turn to beans for
protein and if they think cow flatulence is a problem...there are a lot more people than cows.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join