It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meat must be rationed to four portions a week

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Scare tactics, manipulation, resource harvesting, global IQ reduction..

on and on and on...........

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
reply to post by Merriman Weir

So it is safe for me to assume that you place no value on personal freedoms? Isn't it a man's right to eat whatever he pleases regardless of nutritional value? What other freedoms do you believe should be restricted?

Rarely I did come across such an inane argument.

Maybe some people would claim that driving with high blood alcohol level is a constitutionally protected freedom, and so is the ability to snort coke. There are other that espouse tax evasion. There are perverts that would advocate indecent acts in public. Ad infinitum.

Do you have ANY concept of responsibility? I guess not.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

Complete nonsense propogated by jealous and/or millitant vegetarians. Man was designed to eat meat alongside his starchey root vegetables & collected berries & nuts. That is why we have canine teeth and it is why knives & spear points were among the first tools early man created.

If I eat a bowl of rice, beans, or pasta for my lunch, within 20 minutes of finishing, I feel ready to sit down at my desk and take a siesta. I sit down and gnosh on a bloody, rare 30 oz steak and have some low carb foods with it (mushrooms, tomatoes, etc) I feel like 300 lbs of TNT ready to face the rest of my afternoon. There is no lethargy, there is no brain fog... I get those when I've eaten too much bread or complex carbs. Same thing with milk... a glass of whole milk, ice cold, will always make me feel alert and ready to go.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Rarely I did come across such an inane argument.

Maybe some people would claim that driving with high blood alcohol level is a constitutionally protected freedom, and so is the ability to snort coke. There are other that espouse tax evasion. There are perverts that would advocate indecent acts in public. Ad infinitum.

Do you have ANY concept of responsibility? I guess not.

How about instead of "ad infinitum" you try adding my next post, as in reading it all, before you make a comment trying to make it appear like I am advocating absence of responsibillity?

I'm pretty big on free market capitalism & on a man's right to use his hard earned dollars to purchase whatever he wishes, including junk food, as long as that purchase doesn't infringe on the basic rights of others.

Drunken driving, public indecency, etc infringe on other's rights. The government's only interaction with legsilation of people's behavior should focus on that simple concept... "Does allowing this behavior infringe on the rights of others?" If the answer is "yes", then by all means legislate away! If the answer is "no" then screw off, we don't need any laws preventing it.

Me eating a case of Doritos and a bag of dollar double cheese burgers from the Arches doesn't infringe on anyone's rights. The only way the argument could be made that it does is by either proving that Global Warming exists, is driven by man's activities, and includes issues like beef production and fast food... or by proving that if I did not consume those goods, they would have somehow magically found their way into the hands of starving pygmies in Africa. I question your abillity to prove either.

"Do you have any concept of responsibillity?"
Hmm, survey says: YES! as a matter of fact, I do. I have a pretty great concept of it, actually. I have 2 children & a wife for whom I am responsible and that responsibillity not only trumps, but craps all over any suggested responsibillity I'm told I should have over an issue based on faulty and imagined pseudo science designed solely to leech money & resources off the average citizen of developed nations and transfer it (mostly) to the pockets of the world's Al Gores and (much lesser) to developing nations. My kids like meat & they like milk... if given a decision between them getting what they want and going without so that some starving kid in Somalia might benefit, my kids are gonna have their sippy cups of milk and their meat entre every single time. Sorry, just they way it is.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well then here's my daily diet to help fight the illusion of global warming:

Monday - 21oz porterhouse steak with garlic mashed potatoes, oven steamed garlic mushrooms with butter and chopped green onions. And a bottle of Groth Cabernet.

Tuesday - 20oz oven steamed whole red snapper with chopped green onions, 2 cups of egg fried rice, steamed broccoli smothered in garlic butter and a bottle of Juyondai Sake

Wednesday - two whole Cornish hens stuffed with wheat bread crumbs, celery, chopped white onion and cherry tomato, coated with extra virgin olive oil and oven baked, garlic mashed potatoes, steamed vegetable ensemble, and 6 pack of Samuel Adams Amber beer

Thursday - 21oz porterhouse steak with garlic mashed potatoes, oven steamed garlic mushrooms with butter and chopped green onions. And a bottle of Groth Cabernet.

Friday - 8oz seared blue fin tuna & 8oz sashimi blue fin tuna with abundant soy sauce with wasabi, miso soup, plain white rice and a bottle of Juyondai Sake

Saturday - 18oz New York steak with garlic fried chopped red potatoes, steamed vegetables, and a bottle of Groth Cabernet.

Sunday - Big pot of fresh made Cocido (3 pounds of beef) or Menudo (2 pounds of tripe) and a 6 pack of Coronas

Is that too many portions of meat per week?

-Euclid

[edit on 30-9-2008 by euclid]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
the whole global warming hoax is a massive set of emperors clothing...

the programming for this is used as a test, the MSM use it on mccain and palin.

people couldnt believe it when palin failed to parrot the environmentalist mantra that the sky is falling...

she doesnt believe the hoax, and thus she isn't 'one of us' among a certain segment of our society, who is currently interested in acquiring quite a bit of power.

interesting note on this topic:

Science Confirms Enviroextremist Hypocrisy

If you need any evidence that environmentalism is a shallow fad indulged in by liberal elite phonies who are only interested in token gestures for themselves even while they demand draconian sacrifices for everyone else, the Left's own Guardian thoughtfully provides it.

According to Stewart Barr of Exeter University:

Green living is largely something of a myth. There is this middle class environmentalism where being green is part of the desired image. But another part of the desired image is to fly off skiing twice a year. And the carbon savings they make by not driving their kids to school will be obliterated by the pollution from their flights.

Barr and his fellow researchers found that "the longest and the most frequent flights were taken by those who were most aware of environmental issues." Sanctimonious extremists often go on trips to reward themselves for using pricey curlicue light bulbs or for tossing their champagne bottles in the recycling bin. Higher income was associated both with more trips and with more enviroextremism.

As Barr puts it:

The findings indicate that even those people who appear to be very committed to environmental action find it difficult to transfer these behaviors into more problematic contexts.

In other words, they're hypocrites. But in their defense, there is no need to actually sacrifice their own pleasures, since CO2 is not actually a threat to anyone. It's gestures that count — like voting for liberals who will cripple the economy on behalf of the polar bears.

Source

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

i'm not talking about not having physical energy, but "spiritual" energy, rather. meat inhibits and calcifies our pineal glands!

Eating the deficient Western diet of high consumption of meat (dead and slaughtered animal flesh or carcass), dairy (liquid meat), refined grains (Elmer’s glue, in which the gluten in these grains breaks down into), starches (stiffening agent used by dry cleaners to make your clothes stiff), sugar (the white fetish), salt (crude oil extract), soda pop (bone and enamel depleter), beer (recreational embalming fluid), coffee (nervous system stimulant and drug), etc., creates excessive caustic acids (uric, carbonic, and lactic) that corrodes and excoriates the Pineal Gland tissue and inevitably results in calcification of the Pineal Gland. With a calcified Pineal Gland, one can praise God all day and still perform actions of Satan and the devil (as is done daily in America in general...).

from "Jahi Changa Foluke's" page...

he's blunt, and to-the-point - just the way i like it! i've never heard of him before, but he's definitely not the only person to mention something like this. the research is out there - research the pineal gland more, and learn why it's called the "third-eye"! ...complete with "rods" and "cones" just like our eyes have, but it's in the geometric center of our brain!

[edit on 30-9-2008 by adrenochrome]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I fail to see how eating cows and taking their milk could have any significant impact on GW... I call BS.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Raverous]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Uh, follower of Jesus Christ here. I place no faith or trust in any new age or Eastern religious movements or spiritual theories. If it works for you, then more power to you & do your thing. However, for myself I associate my physical strength & physical state as being one with my spiritual health & spiritual state. That may seem a bit hypocritical as I frequently polute the ol' temple with obscene amounts of caffiene, nicotiene, alcohol, and the occassional psychoactive chemical which must not be spoken of on ATS, but generally speaking I find myself far more spiritually alert when I am also physically alert. Proteins keep me physically alert.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
the best thing about global warming is :
it is likley to kill off the human race, then no body will have to listen to the ideots that think humans are not attached to the earth in any way & there for have no impact upon it in any way, in fact the anti gloabl warming crowd as every one knows are the perfect all knowing beings that have farts that smell of roses & no carbon footprint what so ever. drive cars that on petrol that has no polution, infact the anti global warming humans actually dont even age !, there is no war in there world every thing is free for them, & there is no such thing as negative infact in there world the word negative doesnt actually exist. they never have bad weather & storms only happen to other people. it only rains lightly in there world only just enouph to water there perfect unpoluted existance. they only have the cleanest unpoluted water & the only law in there land is the law that sais all problems are natural & most likley cuased by some thing els in the universe. after all its not realy worth even paying attention to the foot print behind human kind.
I AM SO GLAD THAT GLOBAL WARMING IS NOW ALREADY BEYOND THE CONTROL OF HUMAN BEINGS.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raverous
I fail to see how eating cows and taking their milk could have any significant impact on GW... I call BS.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by Raverous]

There is a huge trend in south america to slash and burn rainforests (bigger than the country I live in) in order to raise cattle for meat.

I will admit that I don't know enough about GW to say that removing the rainforests from the planet would raise temperatures but logic would dictate that it's not going to do our grandchildren any good.

I'm sure the arguments about how much meat to have in ones diet will run forever, perhaps a sensible approach would be to enquire of societies with the greatest longevity and propensity for reproducing healthier offspring.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

Uh, follower of Jesus Christ here. I place no faith or trust in any new age or Eastern religious movements or spiritual theories...

read a book called The Gods of Eden, by William Bramley! Jesus's true teachings have been lost and hidden by the church's will.

i'll refer you to a post i made earlier today, regarding just this!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

seriously, read that chapter! i'd like to know what you think!

...and the pineal gland is not a "theory". it causes our inner visions and dreams! i'd like to keep mine healthy and in working order! meat, along with many other products, calcify it.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

And of course should you infact ever take ill , you can pray to your jesusgod who will make you well again, so you can basically eat what the hell you like.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I don't get this one, are we trying to claim global warming is a conspiracy and not a fact easily proven? Or that the article speaks of cutting down on meat and milk because it causes severe global warming instead of cutting down on the real severe culprits of global warming?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection

Ok firstly the population of the world could fit in the size of Texas, I don't the whole idea that were running out of room nonsense.

Yes, that sounds great, the whole world population can fit in an area the size of Texas; it almost sounds like a Coke advert from the 1970s.

Secondly populations mass around population centers ie: cities, normally around large bodies of water.

This is where your argument starts to fall apart. People, as you point out, tend to move to areas that supports life. There's a hell of a lot of land mass on the earth that just can't realistically support life. Take somewhere nice and big with plenty of room compared to the population like Australia: how much of that is really inhabitable? What about some of the other big continents where much of the inners is actually desert or subjected to extremes of temperature or weather? Or maybe land just not ideally suited to raising crops or large scale herding due to the terrain?

What about places that have large populations but are having trouble providing water such as Barcelona, Israel (gets a lot from Turkey), Singapore (gets a lot from Malaysia), Algeria &c? In the next 20 years there's going to be billionsof people that live in water-scarce areas.

This world might seem big, but when you start crossing out the regions that aren't wholly suitable, it starts getting a whole lot smaller. Also, if you think countries are bitching about immigration now , wait until this 'hoax' really starts to displace large scale populations.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Glowbal Warming? Whatever happened to Global Cooling and the coming ice age. That was the message that was going around about 30 years ago, when we were having record snows, and record lows.
Sheesh! Would somebody PLEASE make up their minds?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

also, why is the pine cone used as a symbol by the Pope?

the pine cone represents the pineal gland, and its ability to see "beyond".

here's an interesting article i came across - scroll 1/4 down the page to where he talks about the pineal gland, just for example:
bfbwwiii.blogspot.com...

Considering it's resemblance to the pine cone, after which it is named, it appears that numerous cultures/religions have revered the gland for thousands of years

the Pope understands what it's all about anyway. it might be hard to believe, but it's the truth

...and meat inhibits/calcifies it, along with fluoride and many other substances!

peace!

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

What the hell, man? I wasn't prostyletizing in any way whatsoever, so why come at me with that crap? I was responding to a post about a new age religious belief with a simple explanation of why I don't prescribe to it... I didn't call in bunk, I didn't call anyone out over their beliefs, and I didn't mock any high cheif muckity mucks of any religion. I seriously don't appreciate that post.

I'll definitely read it, nothing wrong with reading information. From the looks of it, I can't really promise to do more than that, however. I've read a number of different books & articles attempting to fill in the blanks where Jesus' middle years are concerned and none of them have really had much impact on my beliefs.

As for the pineal gland, yes it is a real gland that controls our dreams & visions. However, as it is filled with capilaries (sp), it is obviously subject to the same plaque & arteriosclerosis as any other part of the body's circulatory system. I think as long as a person is eating healthy, lean meats and not consuming a ton of food high in saturate and trans fats, they're no more likely to "calcify" that gland than even a vegan would be. Obviously, if your bloodstream is so filled with cholesterol & fat deposits that your pineal gland is clogged, you're a walking heart attack waiting to happen. Not all meats are unhealthy for you just as not all vegetarian dishes are necessarily healthy for you.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Calcification of the Pineal Gland is the norm in ALL adults. It shrinks after puberty and then calcifies. The reason for all the mysticism and its being used to explain many disparate things in the health food industry is that its full function or purpose is unknown. Because of that, many claims can be made without proof because claims can not be shown to be wrong. In other words; anything can be attributed to it because it is not yet fully understood, so people making purposeful false claims can not be proved to be hoaxers or confidence persons.

If I say your pineal gland is calcified (true if you are an adult) and if you buy these dried leaves from a tree that only grows in my back yard for $100 a day, it will help you. You can not prove me wrong because the knowledge you need to prove I am hoaxing you does not yet exist. You can not charge me with fraud and I can go merrily on my way charging naive people to fix a problem that everyone has, no matter what they do or don't eat. The problem is that my claim is also unprovable and at best a total guess, but that won't stop me from pocketing your money, selling you a worthless product.

The less than honest component of the Health Food Industry relies on the fact that there is much we don't yet know about ourselves, to take advantage of us and drain our wallets.

Then we have the Carbon Credits crowd, the elite greenies if you will, who have made Mr. Gore and his partners in nonsense very wealthy selling Carbon Credits while flying around in their jets and heating and cooling their spacious mansions. The whole time they lay this giant guilt trip on our heads and tell us we should ride our bikes and garage our cars while they jet from place to place spreading the guilt.

Add to this the cow fart brigade, who are actually a group of militant Vegans who think Global Warming is just an opportunity to stop us evil Omnivores from eating our natural diets. When they gain degrees and employment at Universities they use their power to figure out a way to do a study that shows we should not eat meat. No matter this planet was once literally covered with giant herds of bovines that would dwarf the current population. Of course they counter with, but modern cows fart more

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

You know birdman i don't often agree with you but you are damn right here. This is an absolute disgrace, telling me what i can and cannot eat! Now granted i don't eat much meat anyway (currently on a vegetarian diet as an experiment). However i will be back to meat in a few months, i like it, it's good and being told how much i can and cannot have is just rediculous. I thought i lived in a society that was free and that meant being able to shovel into my mouth whatever i wished.

Climate change? I love that as the excuse considering there are far greater sources of greenhouse gases. Although it still hasn't been proven that it's our fault. I mean in the past CO2 emissions have been higher according to ice core samples.

I just don't get it, whilst i think people eat to much meat, the government has no right to even consider rationing such a thing. Well unless there is short supply like during WW2, that's a whole other issue.

[edit on 30-9-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join