It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian nuke jet buzzes Hull

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Russian nuke jet buzzes Hull

www.thesun.co.uk

A RUSSIAN nuclear bomber came within 90 SECONDS of the British coastline after RAF top guns failed to intercept it.

The supersonic “Blackjack” jet flew a direct course for the port of Hull, East Yorks, in a lighting-fast mock attack.

Creeping in low over the North Sea, it changed course just 20 miles from UK territorial airspace.

It was belatedly picked up on radar, but the only two pairs of fighter jets on permanent standby for air alerts were on other duties.

The shock incident — which air chiefs hushed up — is the most serious since the end of the Cold War. And it exposes alarming flaws in Britain’s air defence, seriously calling into question the Government’s defence cuts four years ago, when four fast jet squadrons of Jaguar and Tornado F3 fighters were slashed from the RAF’s books.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well bare in mind this is the sun so this could easily be disinformation to make people fear russia but nevertheless it is quite disturbing to see how close the jet could get into British airspace without being stopped.

Well i would appreciate all of your views and lets keep this a constructive thread

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30/9/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Russia has become unstable, unpredictable and nothing but a risk...

I don't like the way that they've been showing off lately...Besides the fact that they are basically trying to stir things up- tensions are only goiing to get higher from this.

Russia needs sanctions. Flatout.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join