It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is NASA Kidding? There's an Active Civilization on Mars!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by thrashee
But you haven't answered that motive: why would they lie about the possibility of life on Mars at all? Furthermore, each of the lies you mentioned have not been proven to be lies, so again, you have one assumption that rests upon a mountain of other assumptions.

It's all about control.

They do not lie about the possibility of life on Mars, they lie about life on Mars. Civilization aside, if the public knew there was life on Mars that means there must be water. If there's water, the possibility for finding water on other planets increases greatly. Higher possibility of water on other planets, means more possibility for finding life on other planets. We all have speculations about where life on other planets will take humanity.

Viking, itself, gave strong evidence of the presence of liquid water when the rise in the temperature of its footpad, responding to the rising
sun, halted at 273 degrees K.

Pathfinder has shown that the surface atmosphere of Mars exceeds 20 oC part of the day, providing transient conditions for liquid water.

mars.spherix.com...

Viking Revisited

In all, nine LR tests were conducted on Mars at two landing sites 4,000 miles apart. All nine supported the finding of living microorganisms. Positive responses, similar to those obtained from Earth soils, were obtained at each location.

www.icamsr.org...

Please support this with some sources where credible scientists also see Mars replete with trees and forests.

Well when you're wrong, you're wrong and must admit your wrong. There's not many scientists commenting on the trees(dark dune spots). I could only dig up "hear say" on the internet. Allow me to rephrase: many people and a few scientists, lol. However we must take into consideration, they "pop out" in the late winter/early spring.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Two Spirit panoramics.

Now what the hell is this?

Is that supposed to be on a dead, lifeless planet? If it's not something out of a bad quality film or comic book, I think we found life.

Or this...

Source images:
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Niobis
Is that supposed to be on a dead, lifeless planet? If it's not something out of a bad quality film or comic book, I think we found life.

You mean because you see something that faintly looks anthropomorphic, you think life has been found on Mars?

Really? Good luck claiming your Nobel prize.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   

They do not lie about the possibility of life on Mars, they lie about life on Mars. Civilization aside, if the public knew there was life on Mars that means there must be water. If there's water, the possibility for finding water on other planets increases greatly. Higher possibility of water on other planets, means more possibility for finding life on other planets.

All of your quotes are from a single paper written by a single scientist. That paper is no secret. That paper is not "hidden". That paper has been seen by, reviewed, and commented on by that scientist's peers. Not just NASA, but peers. Not all of the the findings of that paper are generally accepted and with good reason. Besides, Levin is talking about micro-organisms, you know, little teeny-tiny things. Do single-celled organisms build your "Active Civilization"?

NASA is lying about water on Mars? How can you say that?

NASA photographs have revealed bright new deposits seen in two gullies on Mars that suggest water carried sediment through them sometime during the past seven years.
Source

Laboratory tests aboard NASA's Phoenix Mars Lander have identified water in a soil sample.
Source

It is possible that these landforms are still being created by water seeping from the layered rock in the crater wall today.
Source

In what could turn out to be a landmark discovery in the history of Mars exploration, imaging scientists using data from NASA's Mars Global Surveyor spacecraft have recently observed features that suggest there may be current sources of liquid water at or near the surface of the red planet.
Source

There are dozens of articles on the NASA website which talk about water on Mars. NASA has not and does not say "there is no water on Mars".

Well when you're wrong, you're wrong and must admit your wrong. There's not many scientists commenting on the trees(dark dune spots). I could only dig up "hear say" on the internet. Allow me to rephrase: many people and a few scientists, lol. However we must take into consideration, they "pop out" in the late winter/early spring.

Trees? Are these the "trees" you are talking about?

They don't look very much like trees if you use a bit less "enhancement", do they? They appear at the end of winter? Maybe that's because the CO2 that forms them thaws and sublimates at the end of winter. And by the way, there are plenty of scientists talking about these formations because scientists are fascinated by them.

Within this cryptic region Mars Orbiter Camera also onboard of MGS has taken images of radially converging dendritic patterns example of which is shown in Figure 1
Source

Small radial channel networks are often associated with the location of spots once the ice disappears.
Source

Maybe the problem you had finding scientific reference to "martian trees" is because there are no trees on Mars.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thrashee
You mean because you see something that faintly looks anthropomorphic, you think life has been found on Mars?

Faintly? It's clear as day those two objects do not belong in that setting. There's also some very obvious black spots where objects have been covered up in the original that I did not point out. It's clear the spots are covering something because they don't cover the entire object. NASA loves to tease.

If you can tell me how those two objects belong in the image, please feel free to explain shadows and rocks to me.

By the way, notice my use of the
. My comment about life in that picture was not meant to be taken literally.

Originally posted by Phage
Do single-celled organisms build your "Active Civilization"?

No, and I never said they did. I said, "Civilization aside, if the public knew there was life on Mars that means there must be water."

Even single-celled organisms require water. Even singled-celled organisms are life. Which means when they were found on Mars over 30 years ago, life on Mars is/was proven, but of course NASA denies.

NASA is lying about water on Mars? How can you say that?

How can you say they are not? Earlier you said:

No liquid water has been identified on Mars. Water vapor and water ice have been confirmed but as yet no liquid water.

I never said they are lying about water. I said they are lying about life. In my OP I made it clear: "Even NASA admits liquid water."

NASA has not and does not say "there is no water on Mars".

Half the truth is a lie, and they sure aren't telling the full truth about water(or life) on Mars. If they wanted to tell the real truth, they come out and say "WE FOUND WATER ON MARS, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN." They'd make a big deal about it, but they don't. The majority of the public still does not know about the finding because they don't make it clear. The beat around the bush every time an announcement is made.

They don't look very much like trees if you use a bit less "enhancement", do they?

Nope, but the tampering is clearer. It looks as much like gas as the sand dunes in the second image I posted above looks like sand dunes--not at all!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Niobis

Let me see if I have this straight:

They do not lie about the possibility of life on Mars, they lie about life on Mars. Civilization aside, if the public knew there was life on Mars that means there must be water.

Since NASA is lying about life on Mars the public doesn't know about it. If the public knew about life on Mars, they would know about water on Mars. Is that what you're trying to say?

The public does know about water on Mars. If they don't, it's because they don't read, or don't care. That's not NASA's fault. It's no secret. NASA did say "We have found water on Mars". Do you expect them to go door to door? At the beginning of August the news was all over the place. It was in my local newspapers, it was in national newspapers, it was all over the internet.

You can't prove anything you are saying. And why is that? Because NASA is lying. Yeah, well the dog ate my homework last night but I really did do it.

You seem to think I haven't looked at Skippers website. I have. I know all about the censorbots, the automatic homework eating dogs. Skipper is a joke. A hardworking joke but still a joke.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Not only water, but those single-celled organisms known as life. I was trying to explain a motive to thrashee.

NASA did say "We have found water on Mars".

Earlier you said no water confirmed, and now you're saying water confirmed. No disrespect, but try and make up your mind.

I'm satisfied for the evidence of life on Mars. I'm also satisfied that NASA is lying about the true temperatures. Furthermore, I'm satisfied with the evidence of an ancient civilization. An active civilization on the other hand is a completely different subject, and takes a lot more. We only get clues, and I'm still "on the fence" with this myself, which is exactly why this thread is in Skunk Works. The search will always continue until someone stops the manipulation of images.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Earlier you said no water confirmed, and now you're saying water confirmed. No disrespect, but try and make up your mind.

No disrespect, but try to work on your reading comprehension. I said no liquid water. It has been confirmed that the ice samples, when thawed inside the rover, were composed of water. No liquid water has yet been confirmed on the surface, under the surface, or in the skies of Mars.

Speaking of making up one's mind, you say this now:

Furthermore, I'm satisfied with the evidence of an ancient civilization. An active civilization on the other hand is a completely different subject, and takes a lot more. We only get clues, and I'm still "on the fence" with this myself

But you said this in the OP:

Through my research(and with the help of others' research), I have came to the conclusion that there is in fact an alive and well civilization on Mars.
Emphasis is mine.

So what about this original statement? Just kidding around? Didn't really mean it? Surely you weren't lying? Or maybe the subtlety of the similarity just escapes me.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Isn't all water liquid? That's why it's called water. If water is frozen we call it ice. If it's in gas form we call it vapor. "We have found water on Mars" should mean liquid water, but they choose their words carefully for their lies.

Maybe "on the fence" was a wrong choice of words. I lean towards the activeness of a civilization, but the images and other data are not conclusive yet, most due to tampering and cover-ups. So yea, I need to make up my mind.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Phage

Isn't all water liquid? That's why it's called water. If water is frozen we call it ice. If it's in gas form we call it vapor. "We have found water on Mars" should mean liquid water, but they choose their words carefully for their lies.

Maybe "on the fence" was a wrong choice of words. I lean towards the activeness of a civilization, but the images and other data are not conclusive yet, most due to tampering and cover-ups. So yea, I need to make up my mind.

Actually, when speaking about other planets it's common to refer to liquid water, water ice, and water vapor as separate things. See, there are different kinds of liquids, vapors, and ices.

And maybe you should try choosing your words as carefully as NASA does.

You crack me up. Are you doing that on purpose?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Niobis

I was just wondering if the OP can clear up just what his reseach consisted of.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MorningStar8741

On what, microorganisms, water or ancient and/or active civilizations? Or even temperatures and atmosphere? Since this is about active civilization I'm assuming that's what you're asking for, but I mentioned a lot in my OP, so I'm not sure. Can you please clarify?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Niobis

He's asking for all your research concerning your kerazee rants
. Seriously....your evidence sukks....there is nothing on mars...maybe there was...but nothing to show there was. What we normal sane people like to call evidence is lacking a whole lot. Your evidence is basically this....you read what you wanted to and had already came to a conclusion and picked out the pieces that you think supported it. When researching something it is always best not to come into it with preconcieved notions or it will cloud your judgement as it has yours.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Niobis

I for one believe that life on Mars will eventually be found, i.e microbial life. There's sufficient resources on the red planet to support such life but a civilization, not possible. Sorry..

Even past civilization is doubtful. Well I guess it depends on how long Mars was hospitable for such life to exist. We think that in the distant past Mars was more Earth like with rivers, oceans and a decent atmosphere but were these conditions around long enough for evolution to take place for an intelligent civilization?
Well there's no evidence to support that. Those old pictures of the face and pyramids aren't very convincing.
Why would NASA lie and photoshop their images?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

There's nothing on Mars? You've got to be joking! It's a planet. There is something there. Even if it's a single-celled organism or just a volcano or a rock, it's still something! From that statement alone, it sounds to me like you're the one with a clouded, NASA induced judgment.

I'll wait for MorningStar to clarify, because I don't have all my research wrapped in a package to post here.

--------------------------------------------------------

In the mean time, I wanted to post this image regarding civilization. I have no words to describe how amazing this image is. I would pay to see the untampered version.

For the unbelievers, I will pay for a scientific or geological explanation. The objects in question are not "just rocks" or "just wind-blown sand dunes", in my opinion. Rock and sand dunes are not square.

No pointing to objects needed for this strip. Best view at 200% original resolution.

www.msss.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Niobis

"There's nothing on Mars? You've got to be joking! It's a planet. There is something there. Even if it's a single-celled organism or just a volcano or a rock, it's still something!"

...I mean there is no intelligent life there now..nor is there any proof there ever was. You do know what I mean by intelligent life right? Tell me you were joking when you wrote that...you can't be that much of an idiot not to understand what I meant.

www.slvdweller.com...
www.nasm.si.edu...
Kinda looks familiar right...
preconcieved notions will make you look like a fool. By the way that sand dune pic is from earth.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by riggs2099]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

Wow, that was a quick scan over the huge image I just posted to look for anything. Sad really, because there's much to see in that image, even if you think they are "sand dunes".

Please point out the similarities you see in those Earth images. Neither of the images you posted resemble the geology we see in the Mars image I posted above.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Niobis]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Niobis

There was nothing to see...I went over it three times. Sand dunes...that was all I saw..
. I'm sure with your preconcieved ideas...you saw something...Ill give you this..it was a nice picture

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

reply to post by MorningStar8741

On what, microorganisms, water or ancient and/or active civilizations? Or even temperatures and atmosphere? Since this is about active civilization I'm assuming that's what you're asking for, but I mentioned a lot in my OP, so I'm not sure. Can you please clarify?

You tell me. You said it.

Through my research(and with the help of others' research), I have came to the conclusion that there is in fact an alive and well civilization on Mars.

What research?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

The objects in question are not "just rocks" or "just wind-blown sand dunes", in my opinion. Rock and sand dunes are not square.

Your oppinion. Yours. Oppinion.

Look them up please.

Look up basalt flats.

Rocks should not be perfect hexagons either but they can be.

[edit on 10/5/08 by MorningStar8741]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join