It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greek government near collapse after PM expels dissident lawmaker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Greek government near collapse after PM expels dissident lawmaker

cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com

Greece’s ruling conservatives teetered on the brink of collapse Tuesday after the country’s beleaguered prime minister expelled an outspoken dissident for criticizing his government’s handling of a rash of scandals.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I know here in the US we may not consider Greece to be an important country, but this is still very important. If the Grecian government breaks, up, it could spell bad news for the inherent stability of the entire neighboring area.

World events seem to be at a tipping point for something, we need to pay attention to this, methinks.

cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

This is shocking as Greece represents the cradle of democracy, having invented the concept hundreds of years before Christ.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Oh great Greece is only a couple of hours by plane away from me. Nice to know a large country like that is finally breaking up. They have been having a crap load of problems though especially the forest fires (weren't the helicopters that were trying to put the fires out shot at?) so I guess it was only a matter time considering the corruption and everything else.

new topics

top topics

join