It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another strange animal washed up on shore

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Ah, success. Bloated raccoon.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yummy

Bloated Racoon

..it's what's for dinner...

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Either way they're gross dead decomposing animals of some sort

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
First one looks like some sort of seal or manatee to me.
Second... maybe a raccoon (we do have huge ones here in CT) but the tail looks weird. Do raccoon tails look like that?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Some of those "racoon" pics look awfully canine to me. And lets remember it is not nice to make fun of the dead, or specifically the pictures of the dead.

We will all end up dead one day and chances are none of us will be all that pretty.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Looks like a grabiod.

Had to be said.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Whats in between both locations? Well that is the Plum Island Island Animal Disease research center. I find it highly suspicious that the carcass suddenly disappeared. Shouldn't have this animal been identified?

Something smells fishy and its not a dead carcass.

Its not at all suspiciopus the carcass "suddenly" disappeared. It could have washed out to sea again, or more likely, it was disposed of by the sanitation department. It was probablly transported tothe local rendering plant. Think about all the dead animals there are in cities. Dogs, cats, pigeons and the like. They are not left to decay, at least not in large cities, instead they are taken to a rendering plant. Right now that carcass has probablly been boiled, rendered and is now being trasformed into a tube of lipstick.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The additional pictures where the creature is moved are really revealing.

That is, revealing in that all the identifying characteristics of the critter are covered with sand (the forepaws) or shot at an unidentifiable angle or distance (the teeth)

It doesn't look fake to me. But it does look like someone's trying to make it more mysterious. I'm putting my money on raccoon, going by the digits in the initial picture, what I can make out of the teeth, and the fur in the later pictures

If there were something to scale it by and it were larger, my next guess would be some unfortunate mutt with some mastiff / bulldog type mixed in.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

please don't tell people what not to notice and what not to talk about. it makes you a media censorship supporter, and turns you into the enemy you are trying to defeat.

would you have the entire world wide web forced into focus on the issues YOU care about most?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
These are all just bloated dead dog carcasses. Being that they were all found washed up in or near Long Island Sound, it would leave one to believe there is a dog fighting club somewhere in the area and these were the losers. Owners frequently kill and dispose of the worn out dogs instead of getting them medical treatment for their wounds. But make no mistake, these are just dead dogs!

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Why don't you start your own thread then? I see your point, but it's irritating when you try to derail someone elses thread.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Looks like a chupacabra

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
i lived in astoria for some time and sea lions are really common there and of course being a teenager i messed with them well anyway a friend of mine had found a dead one and being the man that he is he took the head and had it defleshed what you should know is that the top pic is infact a sea lion sorry but that is what they look like.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
but seriosly i have no idea what the hell the second thing is that stumps me, i think you might have something there

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Probably a seal, we have lots of them in CT
Otherwise, I would have said manatee.
Could also be a part of whale blubber.

And the second one was either like a rotten dog or raccoon or a hoax. I remember that from awhile ago on these crypto forums. It's not a new picture.

[edit on 11/23/2008 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bvproductions

*Shrug*
I still think it's some type of seal, though. Whoever could possibly think that carcass belonged to a raccoon is brilliantly incompetent...

The second pic has been proven to be a raccoon. I cannot find the site right now but it was loaded with pics of raccoon carcasses in different states of decay and sure enough, take some flesh off the nose and they were all identical. It was not a close match to another pic, it was photo after photo of either known raccoon corpses or UNMISTAKABLY raccoon corpses. I thought that one had been put to rest already.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by testrat

that 2nd pic looks like sometype of dinosaur. the first one looks like a walrus

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

go back 2 ur boring life then talking about bankz n # we might be discovering something new..... #ing #

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I am very interested in Plum Island now, very good work linking all this. I don't know what the animals are but the second pic in the OP looks like a Gargoyle to me.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join